British Speedway Forum
BARNES

Milton Keynes

is there any news on a track being run in milton keynes soon?

i found somebody saying about the possibility of a track behind the bowl a few months ago.

also a track at luton.

if i win the lotto-massive if i know, i'm planning on getting a team going so was just wondering what the score is.

since the knights closed down there has been an increase of people living in mk so i don't see why it can't work.

A new greyhound stadium is meant to be built near to the site of the old Eldfield Park track cause the Groveway has now been closed and will be developed.

I believe this new greyhound stadium will have Council approval for speedway should any promotor wish to reopen the Milton Keynes Knights.

While I don't think Milton Keynes speedway would be viable in the top 2 leagues I'm sure that CL racing could be sustainable.

This may give you more of an idea.

CLICK HERE

The question now is have Gaming International Ltd allocated funds for this project and has it been endorsed by the share holders. If anyone has any details on this then that would supply a better answer, Unfortunately cannot see any mention of Speedway here.

I do know an existing promoter has recently looked into speedway at M.K.

I do know an existing promoter has recently looked into speedway at M.K.

With the result being????

I would love to get Speedway back in MK.

I'm sure it would be sustainable at any level. Not sure if there is any interest though?

Has anyone noticed Ive been wearing a MK Knights race jacket for the past few season, with a design done by myself for a college project???

I reseasrched in to the whole thing, and visited the old tracks.

Both have now gone, elfield park completely gone, dont know whether theyve started on the stadium, but im sure speedway would work, itd b great for me just down the road

especially conference and training level!!!

after looking at that link and seeing that gaming international are the largest provider of greyhound and speedway facilities or whatever it is they do(can't remember the exact wording) it all seems quite positive that this would be the ideal opportunity to revive the knights, with experienced runners of speedway and greyhounds behind the development

Have i missed something in thinking this to be potentially great news? I haven't heard any news about this until reading this thread and wondered why more hasn't been made it?

I don't think their is any plans by stadia uk to build a speedway track at the new stadium. Don't forget stadia uk own swindon stadium and they are trying to kick the speedway out their. Last i heard from someone how works for them(stadia) the new stadium is going to built more towards the bowl then on elfield park.

Yes the company proposing to build a new greyhound stadium in Milton Keynes and their is no mention of speedway.

But the Council have already stated they wouldn't be against a speedway track being built inside the dog track if there is anyone out there prepared to do it and of course if the stadium owners could be persuaded. - Afterall can't run greyhounds 7 days a week and the extra income from one nights speedway would help improve the viability of the stadium.

Horton was sugesting he wanted to move away from Mildenhall recently, could Milton keynes be it? I haven't heard anything by the way, just a thought I have.

Edited by Deano

Hi all,

If you're getting withdrawal systems from lack of decent live speedway why not do what I do and pop down to Cowley to see the Oxford Cheetahs. :)

It only takes 35 - 40 minutes from MK, along the A421 to Bicester, then A41 over the M40 to the A34, come off at the Peartree interchange, left to the ring road left again to the Cowley junction, left at roundabout and right at lights into Sandy lane and you're there.

Good speedway and friendly crowd.

Best Wishes Paul B)B)B)

Hi Paul666

Have been doing that for the past four years and before that from st albans and watford.

Regards Tony.

Nothing in the world would make me happier than the return of speedway in M.K. but sadly i can't see it ever happening.

There are more residential areas than ever and the thought of noisy, smelly bikes would cause uproar,

HOWEVER,

i was recently talking to someone who has previously had strong links with speedway, and he seemed confident it would happen in the near future !! - i still can't see it though.

Hi Concrete Cowboy

How about around the football pitch at the new stadium.

Perhaps thats to much wishfull thinking.

Regards Tony.