British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Buster

Individual Meeting At Kl This Wednesday

Anyone know what average Mark Jones would come into the Prem League on?

Anyone know what average Mark Jones would come into the Prem League on?

I think he would come in on a 7.00 point average.

That's a big ask for a rider in his debut season but he is certainly one for the future.

super line up, better than sheffields other week, ostergard, hall, and allott at lynn, great line up :approve::)

they're established PL/EL riders,sheffield tried to put out genuine young guns eg/brown,jones,aldridge,auty,woffinden etc etc

Taken from Live Updates:

Texter: MrMungo

Updater: Fozzie

1. Adam Allott 3, 3, 2, 2, 2 = 12

2. Andrew Bargh R, R, 3, 0, 1 = 4

3. Chris Mills 1, 3, Fx = 4 Withdrawn

4. Mark Thompson 2, 0, 3, 2, 3 = 10

5. John Oliver 2, 1, R = 3 Withdrawn

6. Darren Mallett Fx = 0 Withdrawn

7. James Purchase 1, 0, 1, 0, 0 = 2

8. Lewis Bridger 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 = 15

9. Richard Hall 3, 2, 2, 3, 2= 12

10. Wayne Dunworth Fx, 2, 0, 2, 0 = 4

11. Matt Browne 1, 1, 1, 2, 1 = 6

12. James Brundle 2, 2, Fx, 3, 3 = 10

13. Shane Waldron 1, 0, 2, 1, 2 = 6

14. Nathan Irwin 0, 3, 1, 1, 2 = 7

15. Mark Jones 2, 2, 2, 1, 1 = 8

16. Ulrich Ostergaard 3, 1, 3, 3, 3 = 13

Heat Results

Heat 01: Allott, Thompson, Mills, Bargh ef 61.1

Heat 02: Re-run Bridger, Oliver, Purchase 62.2

Heat 03: Re-run Hall, Brundle, Browne 61.8

Heat 04: Ostergaard, Jones, Waldron, Jones 62.5

Heat 05: Allott, Hall, Oliver, Waldron 62.0

Heat 06: Irwin, Dunworth, Bargh ef 63.9

Heat 07: Mills, Jones, Browne, Purchase 63.6

Heat 08: Bridger, Brundle, Ostergaard, Thompson 61.0

Heat 09: Ostergaard, Allott, Browne 61.1

Heat 10: Re-run Bargh, Jones, Oliver ef 63.5

Heat 11: Re-run Bridger, Hall, Irwin 61.5

Heat 12: Thompson, Waldron, Purchase, Dunworth 64.4

Heat 13: Brundle, Allott, Irwin, Purchase 62.8

Heat 14: Bridger, Browne, Waldron, Bargh 62.2

Heat 15: Ostergaard, Dunworth 62.3

Heat 16: Hall, Thompson, Jones 62.5

Heat 17: Bridger, Allott, Jones, Dunworth 61.9

Heat 18: Ostergaard, Hall, Bargh, Purchase 62.5

Heat 19: Brundle, Waldron 62.8

Heat 20: Thompson, Irwin, Browne 64.0

Grand Final: Bridger, Ostergaard, Allott 63.0

Comments:

Line-ups confirmed.

Harding passport troubles!.

Referee Mr T Steele

Heat 1: Bargh suffered ef lap 3 while 3rd. Allott won it by a country mile!

Heat 2: Mallett crashed heavily coming out of bend 4 lap 1. Purchase did well to avoid his bike even though in doing so he ended up on centre green. Probably be a long delay while he is seen to. Mallett complaining of back pain.

Oliver almost got under Bridger on first lap but he just held on. Pretty easy after that for Bridger until last bend when he nearly came off.

Heat 3: Dunworth fell lap 2 while 3rd. was having a good race with Browne at the time. Race to be re-run with exclusion for Dunworth. Hall was leading at the time after passing Brundle 1st lap. From the gate. Pretty Straight forward for Hall.

Heat 4: Lively race! Irwin 1st to last. Ostergaard almost clipped Jones back wheel on 1st lap but somehow managed to stay on. Ostergaard then passed Jones on lap 3. Wide line seems to be working well tonight.

Heat 5: Oliver passed Waldron lap 1. Hall tried hard but couldnt get near Allott.

Heat 6: 3 Riders only. Little spread out! Bargh ef lap 1 while 2nd.

Heat 7: Milles passed Jones on 1st lap. Jones had few scary moments but just managed to hold onto 2nd.

Heat 8: Bridger passed Brundle lap 2 after Brundle lisfted coming out of 2nd bend. Ostergaard challenged Brundle in latter stages but couldnt find a way passed.

Heat 9: Good race for 1st on 1st lap. Allott looked like he had found a way passed Ulrich but seemed to drift a little too wide on 4th bend.

Heat 10: Carnage on 3rd bend. All 4 riders fell. Brundle excluded. Brundle and Jones clashed going into 3rd bend with men and bikes going all over the place!. All riders ok by the looks of it. Oliver suffered an expensive sounding engine failure on lap 1 while 2nd. Jones put Bargh under pressure.

Heat 11: Mills fell 3rd bend while 1st. Hit fence hard but up and ok. Could be long night. Mills ex from re-run. From gate. Hall was near him on 1st lap.

Heat 12: From Gate.

Heat 13: From Gate. Allott never Challeneged after first couple of bends.

Heat 14: Browne rode well for 2nd despite a few off moments. Very comfortable for Bridger

Heat 15: 2 riders only Mills and Oliver withdrawn. Ostergaard by half a lap.

Heat 16: Hall passed Thompson in early stages.

Heat 17: Bridger sure does like that outside run!

Heat 18: From Gate, Certainly no lack of effort from Hall Though.

Heat 20: Thompson rounded Irwin lap 1.

GRAND FINAL: Allott, Ostergaard, Hall, Bridger

Hall fell lap 3. He was last at the time. Bridger was all over Allott at the time of the stoppage. Race to be re-run. Hall excluded.

Bridger passed Allott lap 1 and that was that. He wasnt going to be caught! Ostergaard passed Allott lap 3.

Dunno what anyone else thought but for me that was the most enjoyable meeting of the season 16 riders who all want to do one thing and that was race, and they did. Fair enough the racing might not always have been close but it was eventful (sometimes too much so ) and interesting.

Heat 1 Alott shot from the gate. Mills passed Bargh when his engine was failing.

Heat 2 Awful crash. Darren Mallett seemed to pick up too much grip going into the 3rd bend and slammed heavily into the fence bike first and then somersault over a couple of times. He was down a long time whilst the medics attended to him. There seems to be something about that part of the fence, he always seems to crash in that part of the track.

Re run Bridger passed Oliver on the back straight of lap 1 it was then strung out until Bridger had a "moment" on the final two bends tho he still won fairly easily.

Heat 3 Dunsworth fell on final bend of lap 2 and was excluded. Up till then a good race at back and at front. Re run Hall gated and away.

Heat 4 Ostergard passed Jones on 2nd lap. Riders strung out but "interesting" moves throughout the race

Heat 5 FTG Hall could not get near Allott

Heat 6 3 riders only. Bargh ef on 2nd bend

Heat 7 Mills passed Jones back straight lap 1 then interesting tussle between Jones and Brown for 2nd place.

Heat 8 Brilliant move by Bridge to go from 3rd to first in 10yard of the track, through a gap that barely existed. Brundle did very well to keep Ostergard behind him

Heat 9 3 riders Ostergard made the gate. Allott made a very brave move round the outside of bens 3 and 4 but couldn't get him.

Heat 10 Brundle exc following a crash on 3/4 bends. to me it seemed as if Jones locked up and Brundle had nowhere to go with the following 2 riders adding to the carnage. Thankfully all 4 got up seemingly none the worse body wise. Re run Olivers engine went bang . Good race between Jones and Bargh.

Heat 11 Mills fell when roaring round the ouside of Bridger and Hall on bends 3 and 4 and was exc. Re run fine race between Bridger and Hall for a lap. Hall not allowing Bridger to really get away until lap 3. Wonderful sight 2 young Brits going full pelt inches from the boards

Heat 12 Thompson well away at front.

Heat 13 Brundle outgated Allott!!!! and stayed in front.

It was about this time that Steve Hone officially had a big one (camera that is)

Heat 14 Bridger our of gate and straight out to the boards to find the dirt (wonder where he got that from lol) and he was gone. Good fight for 2nd place.

Heat 15 Nearly half a lap between the 2 riders that contested this one.

Heat 16 Hall took over a lap to pull clear of Thompson.

heat 17 Bridger outgated Allott but Allott was as close to him as any other rider tonight.

Heat 18 FTG

Heat 19 FTG

Heat 20 FTG.

Grand Final and what a final. Allott gated, Bridger followed, and he followed, and nearly passed Allott, but not quite and that was just the first lap. We had 2 more laps of the two of them inches apart for the full lap neither giving an inch. Absolutely brilliant. Race then stopped when Hall fell.

Much as Allott must have cursed I along with just about everyone else I guess was delighted that we would have the chance to see it all again. Sadly it was not to be as Bridger gated and won the meeting. It would have been a complete travesty had he not won but you really had to feel for Adam Allott.

Overall a great evening. Took the opportunity of a smaller than normal crowd (tho reasonably sized considering the late notice) to stand on the 2nd bend tonight. So SF sorry but no 3rd bend report, shame in a way cos I'd have loved a close up of the heat 10 incident.

Riders

Allott - can still gate and taking into account his lack of race fitness he was extrememly good tonight. It's a travesty that he does not have a team place he could do a fine job for injury hit clubs. (still don't want him back at Lynn tho ta muchly)

Barge - didn't really notice him too much

Mills - was giving it his all as he does before withdrawing with a very bent bike.

Thompson - amassed 10 points and had some good races.

Oliver - Shame about his engine gonig bang, he looked to be on the pace

Mallett - Very unfortunate, hopefully he is only bruised and the medics were just being ultra cautious. Wish him a speedy recovery

Purchase - didn't do much either good or bad

Bridger - loved this guy when I first saw him at Weymouth, and he just gets better. Stupendous on a bike, seems to have total control and no fear. He is a showman, master of wheelies, only ever seen Screeny do a full lap one before and he also seem very down to earth. Nice touch to see him get off his bike just before re run of final to check Richard Hall was OK. Really can't praise him enough. Just hope he keeps his feet on the ground and doesn't go off the rails, but so far looks as if he's OK in that way. Did I mention I quite like watching him

Hall - Rode well

Dunsworth - off the pace somewhat but hey he is getting on a bit lol

Brown - mmm some brown trouser moments but worth watching he got the hang of it pretty quick

Brundle - rode very well and would surely have been in the final without that exclusion.

Waldron - Steady without being outstanding

Irwin - I was impressed with him, tidy little rider. Those Kevlars tho, were those yellow things condoms in various state of deflation??? Modded myself there

Jones - had the weight of the crowd on his shoulders, his every moved cheered on and was being willed to do well by just about everyone. Looks a very good prospect and hopefully a contract will be swiftly followed by a good sponsor

Ostergard - Didn't really impress me much I have to say. Was fine when in front but I'm not a fan of his style.

An excellent evening, thanks to Jonathon for his swift organising of it, even the racecard was OK. Thanks too to the riders who really did make the evening.

Message for Mike Bennett, no I hadn't left for work, thankfully I've got 3 days off or else I'd have been AWOL tomorrow

Once suggestion please - I appreciate that maybe the box cannot hear the PA and it is difficult but could some form of signal system be used so the music is killed when Mike is interviewing a rider. Thanks in advance.

Interesting Interview snippet. When Mike B asked Chris Holder why he is at Lynn so much watching the racing he replied "cos I've nothing better to do on a Wednesday".....now who wants to tell that to Steve Shovlar :D

Well what a long-winded affair that was!!! And no Pasta King for my tea, very disappointed in that and now very hungry. :angry:

Not a bad meeting, just thankful that all riders who were involved in incidents are OK, obviously at this stage I don't know the outcome of Darren Mallett's injuries but the fact that he was cracking jokes whilst on the stretcher is a good sign and he'll be nothing more than a bit black and blue. Awful luck for the boy, seems to attract the injuries poor fella. Anyway get well soon Darren.

Bridger in a class of his own, can't really say much more than that, my heart was in my mouth a few times. He certainly has balls I'll give him that. Very lucky to win the final imo as Allott gated like a scalded cat and I'd like to think that before Richard Hall's fall Allott would have wrapped up the win with Bridger breathing down his neck all the way. But in typical Allott style he completely bodged the gate in the second run and that was that.

Lastly good to see Jonesy in proper action for the first time, looked a bit shaky but given time and a few more laps around KL and I think he'll settle good and proper. Again heart in mouth in heat 10, thank god he walked away from that. Bit of an extraordinary decision by the ref in excluding Brundle as it looked like Jones getting into trouble being the main cause of the pile up!!! Still I'm not complaining about that one. :P Poor old Millsy and John suffering tonight too, sounded an expensive one for John, and Millsy hope you're OK after your coming together with the boards. Hope also you made your feelings clear on your thoughts on the track condition tonight!! :D Bring back Huggy all is forgiven. :P

Edited by shooting star

Certainly can't add much to SL's report - for once we seem to have been watching the same meeting ;) though of course you being on bend2 for a change helped that.

Don't know about it being the best of the season though, you can't beat a team match IMO, but it was certainly entertaining, despite several unevenly matched encounters and of course the unfortunate delays :(

Lewis Bridger is definitely something else - although Loramesque at times he also has a bit of that other great ML in him with some of his moves - a real treat to watch.

Not far behind him too is Richard Hall with his all-action style - another one who should go far, one hopes.

Really felt for Adam Allott - as said it is an absolute travesty he hasn't a team at the moment. He has an amazing talent for gating and indeed is great to watch too - tonight I thought he wasn't necessarily beaten once behind either. Somebody should really be brave enough to give him a chance. Unlike SL I'd happily see him with Lynn again in the future - even the near future if (hardly dare say this) we were unfortunate enough to lose somebody through injury. :(

As for the final he'd have just hung on for the win I reckon as Bridger had tried just about everything and failed. Should have been awarded I think :-/

Even though AA gated in the rerun it was nowhere near as convincing and Bridger managed to squeeze round the outside exiting bend2 for a deserved (but ultimately fortunate) win ::)

Not sure if Bridger was checking on Hall's condition btw - was he just thanking him for giving him another chance at AA? ???

Anyway, a good meeting - well done to the promotion for arranging it at short notice - they deserve to have made something from it.

Nice touch at the end too I thought, doing the presentation amongst the crowd on the home straight - should do that more often B)

The lad Bridger, is he something else or is he ?????......16 years old, cant gate, smile on his face, The lad has the Speedway World at his feet. Messrs Batcholor and Holder were well watching him very closely, sign of future ?

After all the people who "bigged up" Mark Jones, i thought the lad looked really uncomfortable, and on the approach to the 4th bend like an accident waiting to happen, and sure enough it did. Sorry, but i think he has some way to go on that performance before he is ready for Premier League racing, would be a big gamble for someone to take him on a 7 point average.

Also Noticed Honie had a much bigger Camera last night :D ...this guys talents knows no bounds :D

After all the people who "bigged up"  Mark Jones, i thought the lad looked really uncomfortable,  and on the approach  to the  4th  bend like an accident waiting  to happen, and sure enough it did.  Sorry, but i think he has some way to go on that performance before he is ready for Premier League racing,  would be a big gamble for someone to take him on a 7 point average.

I think poor Mark has been hyped up just a bit too much imo (not in his riding skills)....as SL said, he indeed had the 'weight of the crowd on his shoulders'. I think too much was made of him riding last night. Of course all at KL wanted to see him ride competitively in view of his connections with KL. He took to the track with the crowd expecting him to set the world on fire, he was bound to be a bit shaky. I think we all just need to let Mark find his feet and get on with the job in hand in his time without all the added 'hype'.

I think we all just need to let Mark find his feet and get on with the job in hand in his time without all the added 'hype'.

SS on what you saw last night, would you say a yes or a no to having him at KL next season on a 7 point average ? and no pleeding the 5th :D

People slagging off mark jones about his riding, really not needed is it. riding only a few meetings and ppl are sayin hes crap basically give the poor lad a chance.

Hes just lost a very talented brother in the sport and then people say he is crap, well sure he will take time to adapt as most people do but maybe even longer because of Asheley

Leave him be

I think poor Mark has been hyped up just a bit too much imo (not in his riding skills)....as SL said, he indeed had the 'weight of the crowd on his shoulders'.  I think too much was made of him riding last night.  Of course all at KL wanted to see him ride competitively in view of his connections with KL.  He took to the track with the crowd expecting him to set the world on fire, he was bound to be a bit shaky.  I think we all just need to let Mark find his feet and get on with the job in hand in his time without all the added 'hype'.

Very good post Shooting Star, after the tragic death of his brother, the last thing Mark needs is all this hype & attention.

I could not believe the fuss Mike Bennett kept making about him last night. Whilst I m sure his intentions were good, they were imo totally misplaced.

The lad has a long way to go yet and cannot see anyone taking a chance on him on a 7 point average just yet.

He should definately been excluded rather than Brundle , dont know what Tommy Steele was thinking about or perhaps he just wasnt thinking. However that is no critisicm of mark Jones as the top bends seemed very tricky finding out experienced riders like Mills and Hall as well.

Well Done Ulrich and Lewis :)

I think poor Mark has been hyped up just a bit too much imo (not in his riding skills)....as SL said, he indeed had the 'weight of the crowd on his shoulders'.  I think too much was made of him riding last night.  Of course all at KL wanted to see him ride competitively in view of his connections with KL.  He took to the track with the crowd expecting him to set the world on fire, he was bound to be a bit shaky.  I think we all just need to let Mark find his feet and get on with the job in hand in his time without all the added 'hype'.

True but Lynn's promotion seem to be as guilty as any of the hype, still work in progress IMO

Pretty good meeting even with the huge variation in abilities on show with most races having a couple of matched riders. Special mention to James who beat everyone he would have expected to and would have been in the final but for a unbelievable exclusion (was right in front of us and Jones was the 'cause' of the accident), Mark Thompson who has never successfully made that step up to a regular PL place but rides Saddlebow well and Adam who by his own admission has only ridden a handful of meetings this year yet looked really good and pushed the EL lads