British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Buster

Individual Meeting At Kl This Wednesday

People slagging off mark jones about his riding, really not needed is it. riding only a few meetings and ppl are sayin hes crap basically give the poor lad a chance.

Hes just lost a very talented brother in the sport and then people say he is crap, well sure he will take time to adapt as most people do but maybe even longer because of Asheley

Leave him be

I fail to see where anyone has slagged off Mark Jones. No one has said he is crap. We all know the history but I'm sure that Mark would wish to be judged simply on his merits and not on history, however tragic it is.

I'd be delighted to see him get a league place sooner rather than later but in the meantime maybe everyone should let him simply get on with it without adding pressure by having too high expectations for him.

in the field we had last night i would have been happy to see Mark score 4 - 6 points ... so i was pleased with his final tally.

he can certainly gate too :D

all the pictures i took last night can be found HERE

Very good post Shooting Star, after the tragic death of his brother, the last thing Mark needs is all this hype & attention.

I could not believe the fuss Mike Bennett kept making about him last night. Whilst I m sure his intentions were good, they were imo totally misplaced.

Actually, I agree that there was too much hype and attention surrounding Mark. The old saying of "don't shoot the messenger" applies here though.

One of the promoters was very keen to have the fanfare of trumpets and all guns blazing when Mark appeared and, although I built him up for his first couple of races (as requested) I did pull back later in the meeting.

I make no apologies for bringing him out for an interview after his first race though as I wanted him to see that the crowd were on his side. He was disappointed with that ride and the pressure (guilty as charged :neutral: ) was on him to ride above himself - in my opinion!

There's no doubt that the boy has talent but we need to let him become Mark Jones and not just "Our Ash's" brother.

We'll use the pictures and interviews from last night on our end of season highlights DVD but won't be producing the entire meeting this time.

Look out for more "Honievision" in the weeks ahead! :P

Is that not pay perview ?  :D

I guess we'd be paying the viewers then? :P:P

Once suggestion please - I appreciate that maybe the box cannot hear the PA and it is difficult but could some form of signal system be used so the music is killed when Mike is interviewing a rider. Thanks in advance.

It wasn't me lastnight :D & there are speakers in the Box so the DJ/Announcer (Edwin) can hear whats going on down there. :)

hes ok bit sore

That's great news, give him our best regards!

who do you see about buying some pics,and does he go to boston meetings

erm ... me!!

and no, not normally to Boston meetings, but it has been known in the past.