British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
super_carlos

who should go up and why

The previous post was from me - I have no idea why my log in didn't register but I didn't want anyone to think it was from some spy in the BSPA or whatever!!! :D :roll:

I think the teams that should join the EL - based on fan support and the ability to make it pay - should be Swindon, Workington, Sheffield, and one of Newcastle, Arena and Kings Lynn. :

Should they be compelled to join the EL lupus or do you have an incentive in mind?

Finally (sorry for the long post folks!), going back to the original thread, I think the teams that should join the EL - based on fan support and the ability to make it pay - should be Swindon, Workington, Sheffield, and one of Newcastle, Arena and Kings Lynn.

So a few pl clubs should be thrown to wolves ;) to improve your viewing, ask your beloved CVS why he allowed with others the EL to get like it is??

Plus i really doubt any EL riders would like riding at worky due to the travelling, look what happend when the bspa had to really twist neil evitts arms to get him to sign for Halifax back in the 80s. Bottom line, PL are still suspicous of certain el promoters after the amalgamated league. The BLC would have built bridges, but cos of the usual suspects the divisions are as large as ever.

So a few pl clubs should be thrown to wolves ;) to improve your viewing, ask your beloved CVS why he allowed with others the EL to get like it is??

Plus i really doubt any EL riders would like riding at worky due to the travelling, look what happend when the bspa had to really twist neil evitts arms to get him to sign for Halifax back in the 80s. Bottom line, PL are still suspicous of certain el promoters after the amalgamated league. The BLC would have built bridges, but cos of the usual suspects the divisions are as large as ever.

Firstly, If you knew ANYTHING about me, you'd know that under no circumstances could you refer to him as my 'beloved' CVS. :? :lol: :twisted:

However, I do agree that the EL promoters have only themselves to blame for the problems in the EL. As I said before though, it's no good ANYONE sticking their heads in the sand and pretending everything in the garden is rosy! I realise that the PL promoters are unlikely to stick their necks out after what happened in the mid-90's but by the same token, the PL needs the EL and vice versa.

I'm sure there may be some riders who would be reluctant to ride at Workington, but how do we KNOW if there's a problem unless we test the waters so to speak.

Finally, I'm not suggestiing these changes for my OWN benefit but to help the sport AS A WHOLE florish and grow. I'll leave the self-interests stuff to certain promoters and fans who can only see things very close up!!! :P :twisted: ;-)

Should they be compelled to join the EL lupus or do you have an incentive in mind?

No, I do not think anyone should be 'forced' to join any league - I would hope that by evening out the teams to lower the costs for anyone moving to the EL, and therfore helping to improve the profile of speedway as whole, would be enough insentive for any promoter who has the interests of the sport as a whole in mind. :)

Thanks for the reply lupus.

I'm just trying to gauge people's opinions of how we get from where we are to where we want to be. There are several ways to achieve it, of course. Am I right in thinking you would favour a form of rider control?

No, I do not think anyone should be 'forced' to join any league - I would hope that by evening out the teams to lower the costs for anyone moving to the EL, and therfore helping to improve the profile of speedway as whole, would be enough insentive for any promoter who has the interests of the sport as a whole in mind.  :)

Hostory suggests that the EL promoters largely dont operate like that.

Hostory suggests that the EL promoters largely dont operate like that.

Can I just change your post to read 'Most Promoters from EL or PL .....' ? :twisted: ;)

I'm sure there may be some riders who would be reluctant to ride at Workington, but how do we KNOW if there's a problem unless we test the waters so to speak.

Speaking from an Edinburgh point of view (and even a Glasgow one), we have always suffered when trying to sign English riders or riders based in England because they just don't want to travel. That is why we have had so many Swedes, Danes and Finns not to mention the Aussies.

So in answer to your comment quoted above I would say that problem already exists.