British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue Greggs Junior Championship

20 Heat format. £10 adults, £5 OAPS, Kids Free.

Riders confirmed :

Josh Auty

Tai Woffinden

Ben Taylor

Ben Hopwood

Charles Wright

Adam McKinna

Adam Roynon

Jack Roberts

John Oliver

John Branney

Barry Burchatt

Karl Mason

Paul Burnett

Byron Bekker

Kris Irving

David Haigh

Edited by Rob B

If Steve needs any more riders the young American Matt Browne is still over and looking for rides --he has ridden in the individual meetings at Sheffield and Kings Lynn as well as in the CL challenge for Somerset v Newport plus second halves at various tracks.

No John McPhail or Cal McDade? :)

Isn't that how much CL meetings general cost?

This looks to be a good meeting, seeing Josh Auty and Tai Woffinden against some PL reserves should give them a chance to show what they can realy do. I would go but it's too far away and i have no actuall way of getting there...

SCB

Posted Today, 02:27 PM

£10 for a CL meeting?

The rental on the Stadium still has to be paid, as do all the fees associated with speedway. At £10 a 20 heat individual meeting with some of the best young riders in the country strikes me as a bargain

Guest Steve Dixon
The rental on the Stadium still has to be paid, as do all the fees associated with speedway. At £10 a 20 heat individual meeting with some of the best young riders in the country strikes me as a bargain

Totally agree, am tempted a visit myself. :o:D

At £10 a 20 heat individual meeting with some of the best young riders in the country strikes me as a bargain

Especially when for £10 you can also bring as many kids as you can fit in the car for free.

Every Elite League club should be made to put on a meeting like this to give young British CL riders a taste of the EL tracks.

Edited by Ace_of_clubs

Especially when for £10 you can also bring as many kids as you can fit in the car for free.

Every Elite League club should be made to put on a meeting like this.

Poole do it, but with higher quality competing. All credit though to Belle Vue for a meeting like this though :)

At £10 a 20 heat individual meeting with some of the best young riders in the country strikes me as a bargain

So what do you think of the PL tracks that charge £11? I take it you're biting the promoters hands off?

£10 for CL speedway is NOT a bargin and th ecost of staging the meeting is irrelevant, if you can see PL speedway for £11 ANYWHERE, then £10 for CL speedway ANYWHERE is totally over priced IMO.

Whats the cost for EL speedway at BV? I'm guessing it's got to be over the £15 mark to justify this price.

Pooles PL-ish standard meeting for £10 is what I call good value for money.

Edited by SCB

I wouldn't pay £10 for me to watch a meeting of lower end PL riders and foreigners.

But I'll happily pay £10 for me and the kids to all watch some of Britain's bright young Conference League prospects.

(cost of admission at most EL tracks for me and 2 kids is approx £23. A couple of quid less at PL. So £10 is a bargain).

How is £10 for 20 heats of speedway not a bargain? The cost of staging the meeting isn't irrelevant, it's the whole point of the price.

This meeting is all about giving young british CL riders the chance to show what they can do against PL reserves and it should be a great help to them.

Edited by StevenB

I think the average admission proce for a single CL meeting is ariound £8.

On that basis , for this meeting you are getting an extra 5 heats for £2 - can't complain at that.

This should be a very entertaining meeting.

Bv have obviously got it right and I'm just a EL snob! :o