British Speedway Forum
Rob B

Belle Vue Greggs Junior Championship

But I'll happily pay £10 for me and the kids to all watch some of Britain's bright young Conference League prospects.

I paid £19 for myself and junior at Coventry on Friday, and it was like watching paint dry.

This looks like a real bargain, pity its 3 hours up the road from me.

Peterborough, Coventry , etc i would definately be there

Edited by weymouth alicat

Can't see what all the fuss is, normal admission for an EL meeting is £15 so £10 seems fine for me with an additional 5 heats too.

You've got to remember stadium rental (one of the highest in the country), medical cover, insurance etc is all the same as an EL match.

The crowd will be a lot lower and the majority will probably be season tickets holders.

paid £19 for myself and junior at Coventry on Friday, and it was like watching paint dry.

Unfortunately that was due to the poor opposition. It's not always like that honestly. :)

Beautiful day today, not a cloud in the sky. No sky match tonight and no other reason to stay in so get down to Belle Vue for a cheap night and see some of the best British youngsters in action.

this has been a great meeting over the past couple of seasons and last years was probably better than most elite matches this term to date.so if your wondering where the next scott nichols or mark loram might be coming from this could be the place to spot them early.

im a season heat sponsor and a season ticket holder but ill be paying my £10 on the gate to show support for the promotion who put this meeting of young talent on.

Edited by masked_rooster

Updates on this meeting will be available Here

Wuffy for me.

He knocked a very impressive 0.75s off the Scunny track record yesterday, and there's been some decent names around the Normanby Raceway since last years opening.

Just don't impress to much Wuff, we'd like to see you and Josh back with the Scorps in the PL next year!

All Updates will appear in this window, please feel free to post any comments below.

1ST: Adam Roynon

2ND: Tai Woffinden

3RD: Josh Auty (On countback)

Texter: Aceno5

Updater: Fozzie

Line-Up

1. Ben Hopwood R, 0, 1, 0, 2 = 3

2. John Branney 3, 2, 2, R, R = 7

3. Adam Mckinna 2, 3, 3, 2, 1 = 11

4. Karl Mason 1, 0, 2, 1, 3 = 7

5. Karl Langley 0, 1, 0, X, R = 1

6. Adam Roynon 2, 3, 3, 3, 3 = 14

7. David Haigh 1, 1, 0, 2, 1 = 5

8. Josh Auty 3, 1, 2, 3, 3 = 12

9. Paul Burnett 3, 2, 0, 0, 2 = 7

10. Jack Roberts 2, 1, 1, 1, X = 5

11. Grant Hayes 1, Fx, F, F, R = 1

12. Barry Burchatt X, 3, 3, 3, 0 = 9

13. John Oliver 2, 3, 3, 2, 2 = 12

14. Ben Taylor 1, 0, 1, 1, 2 = 5

15. Byron Bekker 0, 2, 1, 2, 1 = 6

16. Tai Woffinden 3, 2, 2, 3, 3 = 13

Reserves

Mark White

Rhys Naylor

Heat Results

Heat 01: Branney, Mckinna, Mason, Hopwood ret 63.2

Heat 02: Auty, Roynon, Haigh, Langley 63.0

Heat 03: Re-run Burnett, Roberts, Hayes, Burchatt ex 64.0

Heat 04: Woffinden, Oliver, Taylor, Bekker frem 62.3

Heat 05: Oliver, Burnett, Langley, Hopwood 63.3

Heat 06: Roynon, Branney, Roberts, Taylor 64.5

Heat 07: Re-run Mckinna, Bekker, Haigh 63.6

Heat 08: Burchatt, Woffinden, Auty, Mason 63.1

Heat 09: Roynon, Woffinden, Hopwood, Hayes fell 62.6

Heat 10: Burchatt, Branney, Bekker, Langley 62.8

Heat 11: Mckinna, Auty, Taylor, Burnett 63.7

Heat 12: Oliver, Mason, Roberts, Haigh 63.8

Heat 13: Burchatt, Haigh, Taylor, Hopwood 63.5

Heat 14: Auty, Oliver, Branney ef, Hayes fell 63.4

Heat 15: Re-run Woffinden, Mckinna, Roberts 63.0

Heat 16: Roynon, Bekker, Mason, Burnett 63.1

Heat 17: Auty, Hopwood, Bekker frem, Roberts ex

Heat 18: Woffinden, Burnett, Haigh, Branney ef

Heat 19: Roynon, Oliver, Mckinna, Burchatt 62.3

Heat 20: Mason, Taylor, Hayes ret, Langley ret 63.2

Comments:

Line Up confirmed.

Weather is hot and sunny as its been all day.

Nowhere in programme regards semis/final so assume its winner after 20 heats. Run off if needed.

Updates every 2 or 3 heats.

Heat 3: Burchatt took out Roberts.

Heat 6: Roynon 3rd to 1st. race of the night so far. theres been some good ones.

Heat 7: Hayes fx down for whule but ok.

Heat 15: Langley excluded for taking out Roberts although he didnt seem to touch him!

Heat 17: Roberts finished 2nd but was excluded cause part of his silencer came off during race.

ADAM ROYNON HAS WON THE MEETING.

Courtesy of Speedway Updates

Not a bad meeting, crowd was pretty much exactly the same size as last year apparently. It was 31 degrees still when I got there about 6.45. and still 25 degrees when I left at 10:15! The track had been well watered though before hand, this caused a few problems in the early heats as it was very grippy but of course it dry out and slickened off even though they watered it every 4 heats.

Adam Roynon was definatly the best rider on show and deserved the win, feel sorry for Barry Burchatt, I'd say he was the second best rider on show but got a bit over excited and was excluded in his first ride when second fighting for the lead and fell in his last heat while second. He was riding a Jason Lyons bike and was helped out by Jason himself.

There were quite a few other former and current Belle Vue riders helping riders out in the pits including, Andy Smith, Carl Stonehewer and James Wright.

Josh Auty and Tai Woffinden were also fast but not quite as consistent but they are only 15.

Edited by Rob B

One of the best meeting of the year. The track was in good nick and the lads rode it well. Woffinden and Auty looked brilliant for 15 years of age!!

Shame Woffindens an Aussie but hey well! Both would be very welcome at Belle Vue in coming years.

I see that Ben Hopwood was a little out of his depth at this meeting.

It seems that this meeting has shown that it's Barry Burchatts own bikes that are letting him down in the PL.

tai was born in scunthorpe but because they moved to australia when he was still young (about 3 i think?) he now holds dual nationality.

Ben Hopwood will be a studio guest tonight at bbc radio manchester 9pm there will also be a chance to win tickets for saturdays world cup final at reading

tai has "made in england" running through the middle of him (quote from speedway star) and regards himself as a brit not an ozzy.lets hope that daddy steers him into the pits at owlerton every thursday (as he does already) from next season on!