British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

Issue 15

Issue 15 will be posted out this weekend...and it includes a brighter look of eight pages in full colour, plus other new features. The cover price increases by 50p, but NOT to subscribers! It will continue to cost only £16 for a year's subscription in the UK, £22 in Europe and £30 Rest of World.

Contents of issue 15 include:

TOMMY JANSSON, including eyewitness accounts from those who were at the track in Stockholm that fateful night in May 1976, including the other rider involved - Lars Jansson. Quotes too from Anders Michanek, Bengt Jansson – and Tommy's parents, Joel and Inga-Lill, and his brother Bosse. Peter Collins also gives his views on Tommy.

It's the first of our new, regular 'Lest We Forget' features on riders who paid the ultimate price.

Also in this time...

DEFUNCT TRACKS: LEICESTER

ERIC BOOCOCK

JAN STAECHMANN

SCOTT AUTREY/AMA DISPUTE

PAUL TYRER

TERRY STONE

LEW STRIPP – the ref in charge of the infamous 1985 British Final. Should it have gone ahead?

GRAHAME DAWSON

REMEMBER...1977?

...and enter our new MASTERMIND QUIZ. How much do you REALLY know about speedway in the 70s & 80s???? If you're smart, you could win two tickets to the 2007 British GP...

BACK COVER COLOUR – PENHALL, GUNDERSEN & NIELSEN

So why pay 50p more than you need to at the track? Sign up now, save yourself £5 on the new cover price and have every copy of Backtrack delivered direct to your door BEFORE it goes on sale at tracks. You know it makes sense!

Cheers, Tony Mac

and it includes a brighter look of eight pages in full colour,

Noooooooo I like black and white :cry: oh ok as long as you promise not to stop Backtrack.

LEW STRIPP

Grrrrrrrr I remember him :wink:

REMEMBER...1977?

Yep I was 10 :approve: Queens Silver Jubilee and the year before Canterbury won the league! Uncle Ted was riding for Rye House and Speedway Fri-Sat-Sun was the only way of life :approve:

How can I obtain a copy of this number?

Iam intrested in the Tommy Jansson article..

/ Mikael

Yet another great issue read from cover to cover as soon as it was delivered but not sure about the colour part.Maybe it needs to grow on me but well done Tony and co

Liked the new look, particularly the article on Leicester.

Don't know about 2 out of the 8 colour pages being adverts though. Or the Pistols and Abba photos being in colour.

Tommy Jansson article was excellent, will entice me to get the book.

Received this morning, not read it yet but I'm sure it will be just as good as ever :approve: (Not sure about the colour though) Keep up the Good Work Tony xx

Totally bewildered by people's reaction to colour.

The era covered by VSM may be perceived as a 'black & white period', but the 60's 70's and 80's?? When you think of late Beatles pyschedilea and 70's glam rock and beyond, do you think of black & white? Hardly.

Speedway Star started publishing in colour in 1970!

There is a point however, about other photos being in colour at the expense of speedway photos.

Another great issue..keep the colour coming!

Only the front cover mind. I think the back cover followed in 1973.

Only trying to be constructive with my earlier comments, on the whole as I said I like the new style mag.

The Paul Tyrer story was of special interest, being a huge fave of mine back in the 70s, when Belle Vue was masive.

Issue 15 will be posted out this weekend...and it includes a brighter look of eight pages in full colour, plus other new features. The cover price increases by 50p, but NOT to subscribers! It will continue to cost only £16 for a year's subscription in the UK, £22 in Europe and £30 Rest of World.

Contents of issue 15 include:

TOMMY JANSSON, including eyewitness accounts from those who were at the track in Stockholm that fateful night in May 1976, including the other rider involved - Lars Jansson. Quotes too from Anders Michanek, Bengt Jansson – and Tommy's parents, Joel and Inga-Lill, and his brother Bosse. Peter Collins also gives his views on Tommy.

It's the first of our new, regular 'Lest We Forget' features on riders who paid the ultimate price.

Also in this time...

DEFUNCT TRACKS: LEICESTER

ERIC BOOCOCK

JAN STAECHMANN

SCOTT AUTREY/AMA DISPUTE

PAUL TYRER

TERRY STONE

LEW STRIPP – the ref in charge of the infamous 1985 British Final. Should it have gone ahead?

GRAHAME DAWSON

REMEMBER...1977?

...and enter our new MASTERMIND QUIZ. How much do you REALLY know about speedway in the 70s & 80s???? If you're smart, you could win two tickets to the 2007 British GP...

BACK COVER COLOUR – PENHALL, GUNDERSEN & NIELSEN

So why pay 50p more than you need to at the track? Sign up now, save yourself £5 on the new cover price and have every copy of Backtrack delivered direct to your door BEFORE it goes on sale at tracks. You know it makes sense!

Cheers, Tony Mac

Tony the British Final referred to here and in the magazine was 1984 not 1985. Otherwise another good read

Totally bewildered by people's reaction to colour.

The era covered by VSM may be perceived as a 'black & white period', but the 60's 70's and 80's??  When you think of late Beatles pyschedilea and 70's glam rock and beyond, do you think of black & white? Hardly.

There is a point however, about other photos being in colour at the expense of speedway photos.

Another great issue..keep the colour coming!

We are allowed our opinions but IMO still a great mag :)

Looking forward to reading the article on Paul Tyrer.Remember him when he rode for Bristol in 78.

Also remember him for a altercation he had with a 'fan',who asked for his autograph,then duly tore it up in his face!

I believe at the time he was struggling after injury,& if i recall went to see a hypnotist to regain his nerve.

They were the days... :D