Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Looking forward to seeing this meeting,as has been said,last year it was superb.

The KK thing is a double edged sword.He needs race fitness.Poole desperately need him back.

Whos at Reading on Thursday? Let me see now,Poland isnt it?A half fit KK would do a much better job for them than some of their other riders.Maybe,just maybe the Polish authorities have pushed for this as well?Even if the Poles had qualified directly for the Final,I think KK would always be in their thoughts.

I just hope that he comes through tonight unscathed and raring to go.

Still looking for a texter...any takers?

looks like no texters!but i know that ricky ashworth won the meeting with 14 points (and that ben wilson got 9 including 2 race wins).well done ricky,having a glorious season so far-keep it up!!!

Just got back. Meeting finished at 10.30!!

Long drawn out affair played out in front of a tiny crowd of a few hundred.

Notes of interest.

Klindt best rider on display tonight by the proverbial. Had an ef whist 100 metres in front in one of his rides. In the ashworth race he missed the gate behind Wilson and Asworth. Got passed Wilson but Asworth was 50 metres clear. Closed it up to nothing off the last bend.

Ashworth rode well, and equally deserved to win. NO EFs.

It rained for 5 minutes very hard which delayed the meeting for 1 hour. Rumrs were sweeping the stand that Crump had arrived to watch and was organising a rider boycott due to the wet conditions.

Track went good after several heats.

KK totally not interested in the wet conditions and pullled out of he meeting. Not goods enough. Might have an important meeting tomorrow, but there were paying fans tonight to be entertained.

Tacey not at the races really.

M&M need to sign Klindt immediately. Super prospect.

thats right...forget the englishman who won the meeting - get the foreigner!!! :wink::wink:

I thought this was an excellent meeting.Some very,very hard and close racing all night.Thats even AFTER the downpour.

Although I was as frustrated as anyone with the delay,in the end the racing itself justified the long wait.To be fair,even Mike Golding was wielding a broom to sweep the water away.Many congratulations to the track staff as well as the riders for their efforts.

To all the Elite League riders at the ELRC,who wanted that particular meeting called off.SHAME ON YOU.The track was in a far worse state than that by miles,in fact I would say it was worse that the aborted test match at Swindon earlier this year.I honestly think that had the rain arrived after ht6,it would have been called off straight away.

Stand up each and every rider for their efforts.As for Mr Klindt,well,as I have said all year,along with many others,this guy is very talented indeed.Apart from when his chain came off,forcing him to fall,he was truly superb.As Steve says,in his last ride,he missed the gate,and seemingly floundered in 3rd.He didnt give up in the slightest,and came very close to catching Ashworth.

Scorers: (As taken from the Official Poole Website main page)

1st Ricky Asworth 14; 2nd Nikolai Klindt 11; 3rd Tomas Suchanek 10; 4th Ben Wilson 9; 5th Carl Wilkinson 9; 6th Jason Doyle 9; 7th Robert Ksiezak 8; 8th Chris Kerr 7; 9th Chris Holder 7; 10th Chris Schramm 7; 11th Tommy Allen 6; 12th Shaun Tacey 6; 13th Jordan Frampton 5 14th Adam Allott 4; 15th Krzyzstof Kasprzak 3; 16th James Cockle 3; 17th Danny Warwick 2

Matt Ford did announce that Poole were going to sign up a new rider on Sunday at Tricks Farewell.One for the future,not seemingly for this year.Also hopes to sign another rider,subject to getting clearance from his current promoter.

My money would be on Klindt.After all,he has been courted by many other promotions,to no avail,yet here he is riding at Poole twice in 5 days.I think the other is almost certainly Chris Holder.I certainly hope so both cases.

Edited by BobC

.....................Also hopes to sign another rider,subject to getting clearance from his current promoter.

Been thinking about this. Now Shawn Tacey has tried very hard in his time with us, but at the end of the day he has scored roughly half what DD would have scored. It hasn't really worked out, and that's through no lack of effort on Shawn Tacey's part. He has busted a gut to try and score as many points as possible and there has been no dissent in the crowd because they can see he has been trying.

But perhaps now is time to call it a day. And perhaps this other rider is a replacement for ST. He has a low average so there isn't many riders out there to fill the spot and score points. Other than Freddie Eriksson?

Been thinking about this. Now Shawn Tacey has tried very hard in his time with us, but at the end of the day he has scored roughly half what DD would have scored. It hasn't really worked out, and that's through no lack of effort on Shawn Tacey's part. He has busted a gut to try and score as many points as possible and there has been no dissent in the crowd because they can see he has been trying.

But perhaps now is time to call it a day. And perhaps this other rider is a replacement for ST. He has a low average so there isn't many riders out there to fill the spot and score points. Other than Freddie Eriksson?

wilkinson looked good

Another cracking, if drawn out meeting. Well done to the competitors for carrying on and not whinging like a bunch of girls - the entertainment afterwards proving the track was perfectly raceable and not just rideable. Sending out Chris Schramm and Shaun Tacey to test it for a few laps was an infinitely sensible decision.

Some great racing and a few names there to catch the eye. Most people have mentioned Ricky and Klindt, but as Lazyrider says, Wilkinson rode well as did Suchanek. From memory Ksiezak popped up with a good race win later in the meeting and Kerr was mixing it all the way through.

Disappointed with the turnout of fans - just goes to show the average fan is only bothered about turning up to see their own team and not racing generally. Bet most of them still watch every meeting on Sky though. :rolleyes: Shame because yet again they missed a damn good meeting.

Forget to mention Jordan Frampton who had a few rides after KK pulled out. Looked very smooth and had a cracking last race, beating both Holder and Kerr. He's looked really good in the SAL meetings, but this race was ultra-impressive by him and he didn't look under pressure at all. :)

Would like to say Mike Golding always rolls his sleeves up and helps out when there are problems on the track. ;)