Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

No offence Paul but that post comes across as you being a bit hypocritical there.

Hans is a hard rider, there's no doubt about that. I haven't seen the incident, but the way it's being treated it just sounds to me like another excuse to have a go at him again for 'costing Team GB'.

Why is it hypocritical? I've never fenced anyone :wink:

No offence taken and none meant back but you say yourself you haven't seen the incident so how can you call me hypocritical? He went from white line to fence in less than 20 metres and left NIcholls with no room at all. When Nicholls went back under him he was hard but he still left him room to ride.

Edited by pirate paul

DH... Why? Scottie won the race...!

:blink::rolleyes:

'What goes around comes around'... What a classic quote, especially coming from Hans! I can see it now. Sunday. Heat 25. GB winning, Oz second, Denmark third. The Aussies need to win the race to stop Denmark becoming champions. The GB rider has a little look around. What happens next...? What goes around comes around!

:D

Edited by Ace no.5

:rolleyes::rolleyes: Loads of red, white and blue tinted specs on here tonight. A big fuss about nowt just because it involved Hans Andersen. The only thing wrong as far as I could see was Scott refusing to shake Hans hand afterwards, now that was pathetic! :rolleyes::rolleyes: Edited by London Witch

Anderson is a tosser lets hope he gets whats coming to him from scotty "wudnt want to meet him in a dark alley" nicholls.

come on england!!

Nicholls in a dark alley? just swing at him and you are bound to hit that massive chin he sticks out...

I thought we were cheering on Great Britain (how come there are only english riders though?)

I have seen many "dodgy" moves, no-one got hurt Scottie won and both teams are through to the final.... get over it everyone...

The only thing i think was wrong is the bad sportsmanship that if someone offers you a hand to shake then you shake it, no matter what, pansy footballers do it, crazy rugby players do it, heck i have even done it (sometimes grudingly) but don't ever show how much of a child you are by spitting your dummy out....

hard riding from both Nicholls and Andersen , but a great race which Nicholls deservable won. Its just a pity that Nicholls cant control his childish behaviour. If he was so able Im sure hed be winning GPs and much more than he has so far.

As captain of England I thought it was disgraceful when he was offered the hand from Hans and he just pushed it away.

Alot of it goes back to the fact that Nicholls was unable to deal with the fact that Hans was more popular at Ipswich than Nicholls ever was.

Hans behaved impecably as always. Dropped just the one point in that race and has a great chance of leading Denmark to glory in the final on Saturday.

B)

Guest PanthersChamp06

Looks like a small Majority that are against the move from Hans and if anything people having a go at Scotty :D

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  Loads of red, white and blue tinted specs on here tonight. A big fuss about nowt just because it involved Hans Andersen. The only thing wrong as far as I could see was Scott refusing to shake Hans hand afterwards, now that was pathetic!  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

I agree LW and i've pretty much said that early on in this thread and got slaughtered for it and got thrown the "there are 2 riders lying critically ill and you condone that?" bollo**s :rolleyes:

Why is it hypocritical? I've never fenced anyone :wink:

I meant the bad-tempered part. :wink:

DH... Why?  Scottie won the race...!

'What goes around comes around'... What a classic quote, especially coming from Hans!  I can see it now.  Sunday.  Heat 25.  GB winning, Oz second, Denmark third.  The Aussies need to win the race to stop Denmark becoming champions.  The GB rider has a little look around.  What happens next...?  What goes around comes around!

Doesn't stop people moaning about it though does it! We could win the World Cup and people would still find something to moan about. :rolleyes:

As for that, I have always stood firmly behind the belief that it didn't matter that Hans slowed, Scott got past him as well as PK, and with the form PK was in, Scott was never going to beat him. Blaming Hans to me has always been a way to take out frustration for the fact that we blew it!

Nicholls in a dark alley? just swing at him and you are bound to hit that massive chin he sticks out...

I thought we were cheering on Great Britain (how come there are only english riders though?)

I have seen many "dodgy" moves, no-one got hurt Scottie won and both teams are through to the final....  get over it everyone...

Exactly. Get over it. No one got hurt, except a little pride. Scott and Hans don't get on, that's well documented, so I didn't expect anything less than a little animosity there. Blowing it all out of proportion isn't the right way to do things.

Scott hates hans for many reasons and it will be hans fault if GB dont win the final. He is just a big baby and maybe a bit thick, same old record. To win at anything you need to be hard and this is why scott will never win the world title because he like most english riders moan to much and its always someone elses fault.

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  Loads of red, white and blue tinted specs on here tonight. A big fuss about nowt just because it involved Hans Andersen. The only thing wrong as far as I could see was Scott refusing to shake Hans hand afterwards, now that was pathetic!  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Agree 100%.

Had Nicholls been the captain of the England football team there would have been a national outcry over his lack of sportsmanship. With the kudos of the captaincy comes the responsibility and than includes being a role model for kids in the art of sportmanship. Nicholls failed dismally. Can you imagine Loram behaving in such a manner....no neither can I.

Mmm very constructive  :rolleyes:

Thanks, I thought so too :) - apparently some speedway fans don't get the irony, this isn't a football forum y'know :rolleyes:

Edited by Rigsby

Spot on LW. Nothing wrong with the moves. All hard, but fair. Hans was out in front and could choose his line. He did.

Childish by Nicholls after the race, but we're starting to get used to that by now aren't we?

Good race though! :D

I have seen many "dodgy" moves, no-one got hurt Scottie won and both teams are through to the final....  get over it everyone...

The only thing i think was wrong is the bad sportsmanship that if someone offers you a hand to shake then you shake it, no matter what, pansy footballers do it, crazy rugby players do it, heck i have even done it (sometimes grudingly) but don't ever show how much of a child you are by spitting your dummy out....

Excellent post sir, sums it up very well. I felt the Andersen move was hmmm shall be say hard but what I found amusing was that our skipper had two altercations tonight both with Danes, everybody seems to have forgotten the other one! Pearson accused Pedersen of throwing his dummy post race and then the commentry team managed to feck up the incident claiming Hans tried to refuse shaking SN hand whn in reality twas other way round.

Having just won the race you'd have thought SN might have shook his hand.

All I can say is gawd are we gonna get this (insert riders fault here) if we don't win on Saturday.

Crap. The only fact is that he went from white line to fence with the intention of stopping Nicholls at all costs, and if that meant fencing him then so be it. Hes a dirty, dangerous bad tempered sore losing little rubbish.

er I saw the incident and frankly Hans did a better post race interview than SN, he was more circumspect about the race, he offered a congraulatory handshake which SN churlishly refused therefore your assertion that he's a sore loser is with no respect indended whatsoever complete balls

Theres only one thing more irritating than a so called sore loser, it's an unmagnanimous winner!

Spot on LW. Nothing wrong with the moves. All hard, but fair. Hans was out in front and could choose his line. He did.

Childish by Nicholls after the race, but we're starting to get used to that by now aren't we?

For me Andersen's move on the third bend was not fair, but there you go, its all about opinion isn't it! Its a pity he has to do that now and again because he is a damn good rider and I would have him in my team every time. I think people are being a bit unfair on Scott, he was quite obviously riled (as I would have been) and it was all a bit of a storm in a tea cup to be honest :rolleyes:

Choosing their line is the right of a rider in front I agree, but there has to be a limit and for me that is reached when that rider chops straight across an opponent to stop them in their tracks. If Nicholls had not shut off so promptly a nasty accident could have ensued :unsure:

Isn't it time you were going to work MrMungo :D:P:wink: