British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Styxfan

Chris Louis

Have to say I was one who said 'Horses for Courses' and thought it was right to bring Louis in. Have to agree totally with you Rabbit and your post. Spot on.

On current form around Reading I'd say replacing Stead was a good move on paper. Plenty of people before the World Cup were saying how poor Simon was around there and the teams from Thursday were a slightly different proposition to tonight!. And isn't hindsight a wonderful thing? If Stead had ridden tonight and scored zippo, then that would have been wrong and he should have brought in Loobie. He had his chance on Thursday and didn't impress. His time will come - was impressed that Middlo gave him the chance to stake his claim on Thursday. Afraid he didn't take it.

As for replacing Middlo, as I've said on another thread, with whom, and which riders out there have we been missing as potential match winners? Sure as hell can't think of any. You can out cut your garment according to the cloth.

i  feared the worst this morning when i read middlo was leaving stead out for louis .his reason? louis his a good gater. well 5 starts and he missed the shocking lot! we did well to get bronze after a few non scoring heats .middlo shouldn t have changed a team that had got him to the final. time to step down.

good call, thats the only thing that annoyed me about Louis last night. Brought in for his gating skills on a track it was said to be paramount and 5 starts and last into 5 first bends, thats not including re runs.

It'll be interesting hearing what Chris has to say about his performance in the final, gord knows he tried 110% but like others couldn't get the starts right.

I hope all our guys tell us like it was in the Star next week, really like read their take on things.

I always feared it was a bad decision bringing Louis in. Yes he may be having a good season, but he's just not international standard anymore. If he doesn't gate, it's not very often he actually overtakes anyone, and he doesn't mix it up in the first turn. Stead's not afraid to get in there and mix it up and he is certainly a lot better from the back. Louis has had his chance, Stead deserved his place in the final. Next year, Simon. :)

Floppy could have been another option

You could well be right, however on current form etc and not knowing how many Louis would score pre meeting it was the right decision to bring him in.

However it raised confidence before the meeting which is an important factor, intangible but important.

Secondly I don't expect Stead, Louis or Norris would have scored more than the 3 or so that Louis got. Just as an example. Cl's first ride was a GP standard line up Andersen, Adams, Max and Louis, and i feel that Louis, Floppy or Stead would have been hard pushed to get a point in that one.

His second ride was Crump, Pedersen and Lindgren, this time he took a point, again possibly the best he could have hoped for.

In short any three of those riders would have been hard pushed to have scored more than the 3 points Louis got.

yes I agree with that , General .. Chris has been superb around Foxhall this year and last. Hes also done very well in several away league meetings , but this was not a league meeting. In the main 4 good riders in each heat and one of them HAS to finish last. B) f

i think that we should keep the youth in and discard the "old men"

when you look at a team like denmark, who place for place have a young team that performs.

are youngsters are thrown away as soon as it gets difficult.

chris louis has been a good servant to speedway, but god forbid if we actually want to win something in the future then we have to go with the young riders.

harris, well great rider pants gater, they need to be in meetings like this to see that if they want to progress then they have to improve there gating.

im sure stead would have got more than louis, but lets be honest 3rd place was easily the best we could have hoped for!

If Only If Only If Only .............. 3rd is better than last and 4th is better than not making the final at all in my eyes, each team there last night worked hard to get there, the Danes were the stronger team on the night and won.

Congratulations to them on their win and well done to the others for getting there!

We all forgot Havvy, can still gate with the best and the reading track would have suited him down to the ground, but still agree with you that Steady should have stayed in.

And this is exactly the reason why I didn't want Chris to take part. I knew that if he didn't show well that all of a sudden those who were calling for his inclusion would then also make him the scapegoat.

As General Melchitt has said, look at who he was up against in quite a few of his heats....I really can't see how Stead could have done better against that opposition and I must admit to saying to myself when I saw the heat line ups...oh bugger, Chris is going to get it in the neck now.

At least he tried all the way, not gave up and trailed around at the back like some I have seen over the years.....Chris gave 110%.

I did text to another forum member after Chris' first heat....oh bugger, wait for everyone to start slating him and then when Bomber came last twice and Scott once, I said what about them!!!

the fact that chris gave 110% is not the argument really.he was brought in to make the starts and he never made one.to change the team made no sense ,the message should have been you boys have got us to the final now finish the job. i think middlo got this one wrong.saying that well done to the danes they deserved it on the night.

i think middlo got this one wrong.saying that well done to the danes they deserved it on the night.

Oh yes and if he'd left the team as it was and the same result was gained it would of been ................ if only he'd put in Chris Louis maybe we would of won :rolleyes: dear oh dear Middlo you just can't do right for wrong can you!!!!

Shazzybird, 90% of speedway fans agree with you...me included, its just that the remaining 10% are know alls and very vocal about it too! :) They are just making themselves look a tad silly. :) The best of the Brits were out there last night and I am sure they are beating themselves up this morning, but we still love 'em :D

Edited by Deano

Chris did as well as I expected him too, despite the big build up on here. The Danes were the best team so live with it and the southern based British fans showed themselves up yet again.

Nothing changes...but don't expect anything to do in future years.