British Speedway Forum
Killer Cat from Mars

Droylsden Anniversary

Just wondered if there had ever been an article in VSM regarding Droylsden Dirt Track - the eightieth Anniversary of the first meeting at Droylsden is creeping up, on 25th June 2007, and as a resident of Tameside(where Droylsden is situated), I would really appreciate some recognition for this forgotten track.

Just wondered if there had ever been an article in VSM regarding Droylsden Dirt Track - the eightieth Anniversary of the first meeting at Droylsden is creeping up, on 25th June 2007, and as a resident of Tameside(where Droylsden is situated), I would really appreciate some recognition for this forgotten track.

Yes there was a VSM article back around 1997. It showed the cup that Charlie 'Ginger' Pashley won and a photo of the cup with his gandson.

Thanks Speedyguy - if anyone can remember the issue number I'd be most grateful as I'd really like to have a copy of this issue. I would be intrigued to see if it has a picture of the Holy Grail of speedway in Manchester, the actual race sheet from the first meeting at Droylsden.

Why on earth would you continue to post new threads in a section for a magazine (VSM) which closed in 2008?

DROYLSDEN home of Jason Garritty

Here is an interesting background webpage regarding Droylsden Speedway.

http://www.defunctspeedway.co.uk/Droylsden.htm

Why on earth would you continue to post new threads in a section for a magazine (VSM) which closed in 2008?

Well spotted tmc. I just followed with a reply to the previous Post (but am still guilty as charged!). Perhaps the Mod should be watching for this sort of thing and LOCK the thread? :lol:

Edited by Guest

Thanks Speedyguy - if anyone can remember the issue number I'd be most grateful as I'd really like to have a copy of this issue. I would be intrigued to see if it has a picture of the Holy Grail of speedway in Manchester, the actual race sheet from the first meeting at Droylsden.

If you are looking for a programme, John Somerville might be able to help you out. You will need long arms & very deep pockets though!

On 10/28/2016 at 1:36 AM, tmc said:

Strange that there is still a section for a magazine that has closed more than a decade ago :D

An Audenshaw programme dated 12/05/1928 is for sale via Nick Barbers auctions, item Number 347. Suggested price £200-£300.

Date of auction 26th February.

Link: http://www.nickbarberauctions.com/

On 2/14/2020 at 6:13 PM, BobC said:

An Audenshaw programme dated 12/05/1928 is for sale via Nick Barbers auctions, item Number 347. Suggested price £200-£300.

Date of auction 26th February.

Link: http://www.nickbarberauctions.com/

Audenshaw programme fetched £340, I bid at £320, gutted I got outbidded! 

• Sad 1