British Speedway Forum

Is that a dig at the fact that a few Brits have actually (god forbid) gotten over 2004? Nothing wrong with being a fan of Hans Andersen in my view, seems like quite a few Arena fans dislike him but I've got a lot of time for him. There's no denying that he does some things that are questionable, but then so do other riders. It isn't like he's the Anti-Christ, yet some people almost seem to be portraying Hans as some sort of evil mastermind, hell bent on the destruction of Team GB and the elimination of his arch nemesis Scott Nicholls.  :blink:

Of course they can do wrong, I think some people are just fed up with him being singled out.

Good post DH.

Will this so called feud with Hans and the whole of the British Isles EVER stop, No I suspect not until Scott Nicholls stops stoking the fire B)

Up until that very silly put down, I had Bomber down as Man of the Week, however he blotted his copybook big time, and so for entertainment value Tomasz Gollob gets it. :approve:

Edited by Badge

Why thank you. :P

Watched the Final yesterday as me dad taped it, and saw the incident. Looked to me that there was minimal contact at best, unfortunately someone has to go but in this instance it probably should have been Bomber. Tough to call really though, could go either way in my view.

But for Harris to come out and say 'he took my leg away' is just lying really isn't it? He was nowhere near Bomber's leg. :blink:

Well he's gotta say that really hasn't he? Harris can't just say "the ref made the wrong decision" even though he blatantly wasn't telling the truth. "Took my leg away" - I mean what?!?!?!

Edited by sweet_lil_mystery

Thought this topic had been done to death. There was contact between the two. I think every single rider has gone down in that situation a few times in their career. If Bomber didn't think he had been hit, him "diving" as you call it, would have earnt him an exclusion, I'm sure he wanted that.

And as for supporting your country, I'm with Leo on this one. You wouldn't get a Swede, a Dane or an Aussie supporting and cheering for an English rider over one of their riders in a TEAM event, even if they ride for your team in the league. Of course you want them to do well, but you don't want them beating a British rider. This isn't saying who you can and can't support, it's just my opinion.

And as for supporting your country, I'm with Leo on this one. You wouldn't get a Swede, a Dane or an Aussie supporting and cheering for an English rider over one of their riders in a TEAM event, even if they ride for your team in the league. Of course you want them to do well, but you don't want them beating a British rider. This isn't saying who you can and can't support, it's just my opinion.

That's a fair point. And well done for not launching into a "you shouldn't be supporting another team" rant cos they cheese me off :P

It was good tactics from Bomber Harris, he was just shy of leaping like a salmon!

I would have been p*ssed if he did not get Andersen excluded, more to come please folks, this is modern day speedway.

Wondering if you'd be saying the same thing if it was a foreign rider who'd done the "good tactics" to a Brit, Ironside?  ;)

Like Tony Rickardsson vs Floppy Norris at Cardiff 2005?

It happens, Harris committed a professional foul, get over it!

Wait I'm confused. So you're NOT bothered if it's done to a Brit?  :unsure:

Why the hell are all you girly keeping on about this? Everyone agrees with you, Hans was unfairley excluded. Do you think if you keep on the result qwill be changed? Hans will be made King of England? Bomber will score 0 in his next meeting?

People agree with you, nobody seems to think it was right for Hans to be excluded but people have said, it happens, get over it!!!

Why the hell are all you girly keeping on about this?  Everyone agrees with you, Hans was unfairley excluded.  Do you think if you keep on the result qwill be changed?  Hans will be made King of England?  Bomber will score 0 in his next meeting?

People agree with you, nobody seems to think it was right for Hans to be excluded but people have said, it happens, get over it!!!

What?? What are you having a go at me for? :blink: I've only just joined the forum, I haven't even said what I thought about Hans yet! I'm just trying to keep up with what everyone's saying! And it was only a question, I wasn't being sarcastic or anything, I just wanted to find out what you thought :cry:

What?? What are you having a go at me for?  :blink:  I've only just joined the forum, I haven't even said what I thought about Hans yet! I'm just trying to keep up with what everyone's saying! And it was only a question, I wasn't being sarcastic or anything, I just wanted to find out what you thought  :cry:

Well done Shawn, making someone cry. Hope you're happy! :P:wink: