British Speedway Forum

Here's the arguement for nominating not qualifying, is Jagus really a better rider over a season than Karlsson?

And the arguement for qualifying over nominating is, of course, that Hans Andersen wasn't deemed worthy of a nomination for this season, while Lee Richardson was.

Qualifying is infinitely superior.

Well done to Jagus never expected him to qualify!

Hopefully Bomber will get the call up for the GP's if Rico gets the chop :D

Kolodziej misses out or replacing the unperforming Hampel?

Hampel made it to the semi's in the last GP, and has made it to the final in a couple this year too. he had a dip in the middle, but how is he underperforming. in all his league scores hes scoring 10-14 points a meeting. :blink:

And if there were no nominations and only a wild card, the top 7 from this meeting would meet the top 8 from, this year's GP leading to these riders being in next year's GP:

1) (5) Wieslaw Jagus, Polen, 12p ( 3 3 1 3 2 ) + 3

2) (9) Rune Holta, Norge, 12p ( 3 2 3 1 3 ) + 2

3) (15) Hans Andersen, Danmark, 15p ( 3 3 3 3 3 ) + 1

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

4) (4) Peter Karlsson, Sverige, 14p ( 3 3 3 2 3 ) + 0

5) (1) Chris Harris, Stobritannien, 11p ( 2 1 3 3 2 )

6) (12) Kaj Laukkanen, Finland, 9p ( 1 1 2 2 3 )

7) (2) Charlie Gjedde, Danmark, 8p ( 1 2 0 3 2)

Which really wouldn't be too bad and might force other riders to do the qualifiers.

Are there any other sports that nominate its world finalists?

Well done to Bomber on a good performance. Improving all the time,scoring well abroad and in WTC etc. Dont think he will get a wild card for 2007 but can see him moving up to the step next year ready for 2008 :approve:

Yes it is Anders Nilsson who has provided the updates from Vetlanda.

Well Thank You to him :) Updates from foreign meeting are often either hard to come by or we dcan't understand them. Much apreciated. (as are all updates)

And if there were no nominations and only a wild card, the top 7 from this meeting would meet the top 8 from, this year's GP leading to these riders being in next year's
Or how about, as they used to do, the top 9 from this meeting, meet the bottom 7 from the GP's (would be 10 from this meeting due to TRicks retirement) and the top 7 from that meeting join the top 8 from the GP series. Because there's nothing to say the bottom 7 in the GP series are not actually top 15 material.

Are there any other sports that nominate its world finalists?
F1, Superbikes...... Surely you're not telling me Fernando Alonso is not considered World Champion because none of the F1 guys qualified and everyone of them was in effect nominated, generally for commercial reasons!

Well done Bomber, its not often that a Cornish sportsman steps up on the world stage and he has done the county proud. Lets hope the local papers give you the coverage you deserve.

Speedway Star this week said it was "inconceivable" that there wouldn't be 2 Brits in the Series.

Given the magazine's ties with the GP's there is probably some truth in that comment. If there is to be a 2nd Brit through this loathed seeding system then Bomber must be the pick, it would be grossly unfair if Stead or richardson got the nomination in front of him.

Having said that I don't agree with this quota idea of giving countries a certain amount of representation. If the Brits aren't good enough then they shouldn't be in.

attendance: 2600 in wet conditions.

It was only the start and first bend were everything was done tonight.

Guest schumifan

Thanks for the updates Anders. Really appreciated. :approve:

Well Thank You to him :)  Updates from foreign meeting are often either hard to come by or we dcan't understand them.  Much apreciated.  (as are all updates)

Totally agreed.  Brilliant and many thanks.

Or how about, as they used to do, the top 9 from this meeting, meet the bottom 7 from the GP's (would be 10 from this meeting due to TRicks retirement) and the top 7 from that meeting join the top 8 from the GP series.  Because there's nothing to say the bottom 7 in the GP series are not actually top 15 material.

Yep, agreed.  That would be a brilliant way of doing it and what a meeting.  Sky might even cover it?

F1, Superbikes......  Surely you're not telling me Fernando Alonso is not considered World Champion because none of the F1 guys qualified and everyone of them was in effect nominated, generally for commercial reasons!

Not sure I understand this comment.  I don't think Renault, Ferrari, etc. are actually nominated which is my point.  They compete because they can and I guess if there is any 'driver qualification' it is through junior formulae of both sports.  Sorry, probably misunderstood your point I guess......

Edited by macca56

Well done to Jagus, Holta and Hans, certainly should make for astrong GP series in 07.

Feel sorry for PK - may be a wild card for him? and well done Bomber sirely if a GP pick is going to the UK than Bomber has to be above Lee and Stead and Mark??

Also fair play to the club for getting this meeting on and the service iven on the internet. Please please BSPA take note covering the track works!

Having said that I don't agree with this quota idea of giving countries a certain amount of representation. If the Brits aren't good enough then they shouldn't be in.
So whos better then? Surely has to be a current GP rider or someone who finished ahead of him in this meeting?

So we have GP riders.....

Hampel

Zagar

Lindback

Iversen

Richardson

Protasaweicz

Rider to fiish ahead of him tonight

Karlsson

So we have 7 rider+ Harris = 8 for 4 slots.

Pepe has had so many chances it's ludicrous and he finished below Bomber tonight so we're down to 7 rider left. We've all said Richardsons time is up, so we're down to finding 1 rider to take out of the GP's and give his place to Bomber. Surely if Richardson on 34 goes, Iversen on 36 has to be seen as not good enough. Then of course there's Peter Karlsson, I can't see BSI nominating him either.

So all in all, I'd say things must look good for Bomber?!

Not sure I understand this comment.  I don't think Renault, Ferrari, etc. are actually nominated which is my point.  They compete because they can and I guess if there is any 'driver qualification' it is through junior formulae of both sports.  Sorry, probably misunderstood your comment I guess......
Driver places in F1 comes down to sponsorship and commercial gain, Minardi (I think it was them) wanted 2 Brits about 3 years ago and told them they both had to find £x million in sponsorship or they'd be forced to pick between the 2 as they could only have 1 Brit or the other. I seem to remember sponsorship meant that neither got the drive in the end!

No F1 team that I can think of has ever had two drivers of the same Nationality. It's gone nothing to with junior forumulae, it's down to the owner fo rht eteam picking the 2 best drivers for his team and that an amalgamation of talent and commercial gain.

There's certainly no qualifying for the F1 championship, no "if you win this race/series you'll be an F1 driver next year", it just doesn't happen, certian formulae draw the F1 bosses to your attention but thats about it.

Edited by SCB

Speedway Star this week said it was "inconceivable" that there wouldn't be 2 Brits in the Series.

Given the magazine's ties with the GP's there is probably some truth in that comment. If there is to be a 2nd Brit through this loathed seeding system then Bomber must be the pick, it would be grossly unfair if Stead or richardson got the nomination in front of him.

My vote is for Loram !