British Speedway Forum

Didn't Loram opt out of the qualifiers? So I see no reason why he should be in the GP.

Not pointing you out in anyway, but this is one more point that proves that you lot should stop undermining the Speedway Star and read it for a change. The SS covered this weeks ago.

He was forced out through a technicality, he wanted to be there...

Edited by f-s-p

The 'technicality' being that he didn't enter it.

The 'technicality' being that he didn't enter it.

Dont have the issue here now, but it had something to do with the fact that he had not signed a "statement" saying he'd consider british racing as top priority. This paper has been there for a few years, he'd never sign it, and BSPA decided that this year it would be the year that it would be forced. Therefore Mark was ruled out to participate in the British final. BUT he was picked for the World cup. :blink:

Subscribe your's from speedwaystar.net ! :lol:

Not pointing you out in anyway, but this is one more point that proves that you lot should stop undermining the Speedway Star and read it for a change. The SS covered this weeks ago.

He was forced out through a technicality, he wanted to be there...

Loram said, even if he had not forgot the minor techicality of signing his contract, he still may not have rode in the GP rounds!!!

Lorams screwed things up for himself IMO.

Harris I feel has a slightly more get up and go feel to him than Stead. Stead seems too suffer from Nicholls disease.

what a pity all the brits dont suffer from nicholls disease, maybe then they would all be joint sixth in the world  !!!!!

what a stupid post / idiot !!!

Joint sixth hey? wow what a star :rolleyes:

I don't think Harris is good enough. On the basis that there has to be two Brits, Mark Loram should replace Lee Richardson in my opinion.

I think it is a toss up between the two. lee is 100% out if not in the top 8 which is not going to happen. Harris i think should get a shot at it and if loram had half decent equipment could do very well. Why not put both in and have 3 brits.

Harris I feel has a slightly more get up and go feel to him than Stead. Stead seems too suffer from Nicholls disease.

what a pity all the brits dont suffer from nicholls disease, maybe then they would all be joint sixth in the world  !!!!!

what a stupid post / idiot !!!

No need to attack the poster for my opinion. Nicholls despite the last 2 GPs has been a bottler and bottles it on the big occasion. 6th position does not get noted in the history books, top 3 does however.

Only an idiot would attack another poster for giving their opinion. Admittedly, Stead isn't good enough for the GP's. Should purely go down to who qualifies, regardless of nationality. Good luck to all who qualify. Andersen should give Crump a run next year, but I expect the Aussie Ace to make it title no.3, but then I guess some would say 'Ahh yes but that's only 'cos TRick isn't there any more', :rolleyes:

Well none of our three quailfy for he Grand Prix, the only rider we appear's to have chance of automatic qualification to next years Grand Prix is Scott Nicholls.

Of the rest I would discount Mark Loram, and Lee Richardson, Loram because the guy has had his time, and Lee because over the time he has proved that he is not consistent wins a race and gets three zero's.

I think if the organiser's are going to give a nomination for one English rider then it has to be either Bomber Harris or Simon Stead, me personally I would go for Simon, but I can understand the people who are calling for Bomber, and to be honest I don't think there is much between them.

What we don't need is Mark Loram been chosen, we need to blood fresh riders, and as much as I like Mark Loram, he has had his time. We got caught out at the World Team Cup with bringing in Chris Louis in for Simon Stead. The fact that Chris Louis did no better than Simon did, showed that we need now to get behind riders like Simon Stead and Bomber, who are going to the leaders of the next generation of riders.

Look at the Danes who have stuck with the same group of young riders for the last three or four seasons, not got them instant results but has eventually.

but I expect the Aussie Ace to make it title no.3, but then I guess some would say 'Ahh yes but that's only 'cos TRick isn't there any more', :rolleyes:

To be fair, if Crumpy is riding like this again next season, I can't see anyone getting near him in the GP's. But for that to happen would be unbelievable, because he has been absolutely stunning.

I think if the organiser's are going to give a nomination for one English rider then it has to be either Bomber Harris or Simon Stead, me personally I would go for Simon, but I can understand the people who are calling for Bomber, and to be honest I don't think there is much between them.

Definitely agree there, and personally I think the two are very close. In my view, Bomber deserves it a little more owing to his placing in the GP Qualifying Final, and I don't know, there's something about his riding style that sits me on the edge of my seat!

Agree with both points there DartfordHammer. Neither have qualified by right, so I would give the British GP wildcard to Harris on the basis that he did better in the qualifier (and he is a good racer). Crump has been awsome this year & despite some opinion is a brilliant team man. Have seen him virtually every meeting stood at pit gate when Wrighty has done well, waiting to give him a pat on the back.

oh well least i saved a few quid by not backing Howe!!!! :approve:

give him a wild card i say !!!!! (NOT) :shock::shock:

With regards to an earlier post calling for Loram, how can you justify putting Loramski in front of Harris or PK?

Didn't realise PK had become British. But Loram is miles better than any other Brit currently on offer.

Didn't Loram opt out of the qualifiers? So I see no reason why he should be in the GP.

Lee Richardson and Chris Harris look the likely two to pick from if one more Brit is allowed. Lee hasn't proved himself this year, and has also opted out of the qualifiers so I wouldn't give it to him. In fact, if he's at Swindon next year, I'll be glad if he's not in it. It might improve his league form.

Therefore it has to be Harris, who has shown he can do some good meetings at international level. I don't see him doing any better than Richardson has this year to be honest, but there's no other choice really.

Loram is a better rider, but Harris deserves it more.

Don't think Loram opted out, think he was caught up in some red tape. If I'm paying money to watch a GP I want to see a rider who is good, not one who is there because he "deserves" it.