British Speedway Forum

Don't think Loram opted out, think he was caught up in some red tape. If I'm paying money to watch a GP I want to see a rider who is good, not one who is there because he "deserves" it.

This country is and will not be going anywhere with that attitude, Mark Loram along with Chris Louis are the old guard who have had there time.

Yes they are good speedway riders, but they have had there time, they are never going to improve, and it time now to concentrate on the younger riders, like Steady, Bomber and riders like Danny King.

Don't think Loram opted out, think he was caught up in some red tape. If I'm paying money to watch a GP I want to see a rider who is good, not one who is there because he "deserves" it.

If I am paying my money to watch the GP, I want to see riders who WANT to be there, not ones who have managed to qualify, will never be as good as they once were and who are taking the place from someone who should be there.

Loram may like to be in the GP (I'm just using him as an example) but who honestly thinks he would be up there with Crump, Adams and Andersen?? Okay, Bomber/Stead/King aren't quite up to the GP standard yet (IMO) but without the experience they never will be. King should've been in the British GP where Kennett was this year, with the 'decision makers' making poor decisions like that, what is the point discussing this?

We will end up with Nicholls and Richardson next year (again) with Bomber and possibly Stead as reserves, hopefully Bomber above Stead in the reserve line up. Should the 'decision makers' actually sit back and think about things, they will realise they need to take extra time, discuss their thoughts with others and on occasions, read this forum for the advice they need!

We need riders who will improve and develop, Richardson just doesn't have that oomph he needs, Scott has it he just has problems finding it sometimes! Stick Bomber in and you'll be guaranteed a rider who tries his hardest and rides good old fashioned speedway, not this pantomine bike racing we get at the moment!

Rant over :lol:

Okay, Bomber/Stead/King aren't quite up to the GP standard yet (IMO) but without the experience they never will be.

Stick Bomber in and you'll be guaranteed a rider who tries his hardest and rides good old fashioned speedway

Two of the most relevant comments made on this forum in months.

This country is and will not be going anywhere with that attitude, Mark Loram along with Chris Louis are the old guard who have had there time.

Yes they are good speedway riders, but they have had there time, they are never going to improve, and it time now to concentrate on the younger riders, like Steady, Bomber and riders like Danny King.

If they wanted to qualify they should have done the British Final, some simpathy for Loram who missed out because of red tape, absoloutly none for Louis who apart from Ipswich & Arena Essex looks totally passed it.

Harris scored the better points so deserves the chance

but why do you have to give the wildcard to a brit anyway? i personally dont think that steady or bomber could compete with the likes of crumpy, hans, leigh or greg, to name a few. of course people would like to see another brit but they just aren't up to the standard of GP racing like young swede's, dane's or pole's.

i would rather see a european rider in the GP field who deserves to be in it, and not a brit, just because of where he's from. :)

but why do you have to give the wildcard to a brit anyway? i personally dont think that steady or bomber could compete with the likes of crumpy, hans, leigh or greg, to name a few. of course people would like to see another brit but they just aren't up to the standard of GP racing like young swede's, dane's or pole's.

i would rather see a european rider in the GP field who deserves to be in it, and not a brit, just because of where he's from.  :)

Couldn't agree more. The only British rider who should be in the GP's next year should be Scotty. We do not have another rider who can compete. Harris or Stead would be worse than Protasiewicz.

Couldn't agree more. The only British rider who should be in the GP's next year should be Scotty. We do not have another rider who can compete. Harris or Stead would be worse than Protasiewicz.

Harris would NOT be another Protasiewicz. Chris is an excellent young rider and should be given the chance.........I watched himin Vetlanda, he was very good value..........and I am not even British :-)

Guest schumifan
I personally dont think that steady or bomber could compete with the likes of crumpy, hans, leigh or greg, to name a few.

The only man to beat Hans at Coventry last night was Chris Harris ;)

Okay, how do you come that Steady and Bomber would be worse than Protasiewicz, where your prove.

Personally I don't think they would do any worse, if fact giventhe chance they would do better.

Edited by spin king

Zagar is included this year and hasn't disgraced himself. You'll never know how well they will do unless you give them the opportunity.

Two of the most relevant comments made on this forum in months.

They come from talking common sense, something I've learn't isn't used by the powers that be! :mad:

Harris was fantastic last night at Coventry, his last to 2nd battle was very reminiscent of how good Mark Loram & Joe Screen were at Bombers age. He is the next in line for us IMO. :)

If I am paying my money to watch the GP, I want to see riders who WANT to be there, not ones who have managed to qualify.

Excuse me? Doesn't the fact that they chose to enter the qualification process and saw it through to completion suggest they "WANT" to be there? Or am I missing something?