British Speedway Forum

This season, roughly the same number of times as Iversen.

I don't think Richardson is good enough, but I don't think either Stead, Harris or Loram are good enough. And if they aren't, they shouldn't be there solely on the grounds that they're British. If we want British riders in the GPs, let's go out and find some worthy British talent, not rely on the charity of BSI and the FIM.

If it were as simple as that, then they wouldn't be in it at all. And you've described Scott Nicholls as a serial failure in the past too, so by that logic perhaps he shouldn't be in either. But the fact is, the British GP is the show piece event of the speedway calendar and if there were no British representatives, then how many people would actually turn up? That's a chance that BSI and the FIM don't want to take.

Unfortunately, the GP is not a pure contest between the top riders in the world. If a country didn't have representatives, then the authorities would lose a lot of money. There's a chance, for example, if Britain didn't have any representatives, that Sky would stop showing the GPs. Only if all the countries involved were able to put forward suitable candidates would this be a pure competition, but that is extremely unlikely. There will always be an imbalance of top riders, so the system can never be perfect.

oh well least i saved a few quid by not backing Howe!!!! :approve:

give him a wild card i say !!!!!  (NOT) :shock:  :shock:

He'd be more consistent than Richardson....at least he'd be the same all the way through unlike Lee who gets our hopes up in his first race and then just stops...