British Speedway Forum

Heat 16 is looking a bit tasty.

Poor old Gaffer!

To be honest he would be slaughtered in every GP, he wouldn't be doing himself any favours.

Of course he would - he'll never, ever, as long as the sun is in the sky be GP standard. So why the hell do the Sky duo of Millard and Pearson keep talking about him as a GP star of the future?

Of course he would - he'll never, ever, as long as the sun is in the sky be GP standard. So why the hell do the Sky duo of Millard and Pearson keep talking about him as a GP star of the future?

If he doesn't out perform Bomber in the next couple of races I can't see him even getting a seeded spot.

Maybe, but neither is Lee Richardson and I know which of the 2 are improving. He is also better than some of the others that have featured in the series.

Harris is looking handily placed for the final - 9 points after 4 heats. Only cloud on the horizen is, he's up against Andersen in his final outing.

Even that hope has gone now, another win for Bomber! giving him 9. Steady languishing on 5, bad last for Pepe.

3 more points for Bomber. 2 points from his last race (heat 17) behind Hans should give him a final spot.

"Gafurov was on his way to pass the entire field on bends one/two but got a long trip to the boards. Gafurov fought like an animal to gain a point but Kosciecha kept his cool for the point. "

Good old Renat!

Can Gafurov throw a cat among the pigeons here? I think Holta will struggle for the final unless he gets a 1st or 2nd in Ht 16.

Edited by Subedei

Even that hope has gone now, another win for Bomber! giving him 9. Steady languishing on 5, bad last for Pepe.

Everyone goes on about Stead.. but Harris always out performs him at international level.. Bomber steps up..

I'd say the final will be:

Andersen

PK

Jagus

Holta

A 2nd won't do for Harris - Holta has an easier final heat and will win it.

3 more points for Bomber. 2 points from his last race (heat 17) behind Hans should give him a final spot.

Don't know if 11 will be enough, both Jagus and Holta beat Bomber in Heat 5.

I agree Harris is a good improving rider, but its not fair to Simon Stead for people to say he is nowhere near good enough for the GP when there are worse riders than him who have taken part in the Series.

And it is 11 points for Harris - a worthy and noble performance from him. I don't think he'll make the final, but he's given a good account of himself. The competition was very tough.