British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Jools

Målilla Gp

Crump was leading and could choose whichever line he wanted. Come on, be realistic and honest, reverse the positions and would you have wanted Lindback excluded? The answer is a big fat NO.

I would have cringed and thought, "here we go, a load of posts about an out of contril Antonio".

Crump should have gone. Even the studio "experts" said the same. There's no way anyone can say it was a safe fair move. The guy is starting to take over the Nicki Pedersen mantle.

Tabby, if I make a post, more often than not Liesdale will post some rubbish soon after.

Wait and see.

It's hardly rubbish when it's a reaction to a post asking for a rider to be given a smack in the mouth, when in all honesty the decision could have gone either way.

I'm sure if the situation had been reversed you would have been up in arms if Lindback or Rickardsson had been excluded when he never touched the other rider.

You obviously detest all things Crump and anything anti Poole, but I'm sure you'd love a rider in your team that gave the same commitment to his British club, rather than one who cherry picks his meetings around a GP.

I would have cringed and thought, "here we go, a load of posts about an out of contril Antonio".

Crump should have gone. Even the studio "experts" said the same. There's no way anyone can say it was a safe fair move. The guy is starting to take over the Nicki Pedersen mantle.

I'm sorry, but there's just no way to talk sensibly about Jason Crump with you, which is a shame because I think you have great knowledge of the sport. You just have a blind spot when it comes to Crump. The guy is superb and an absolute credit to the sport.

Amazing Grand Prix. Not a single mention of Mildura in 22 heats, and just a single seven times Australian Champion. Is this a record ?

Well done AJ, even though my money was on Andersen, ( AJ still available at 2/1 before rerun, wish I'd covered my bet, ho hum.)

As a non contact sport i would have thought you get excluded for touching??

Lindback went too wide and tried to corect it but Crump was already there.

Touching has nothing to do with it. A rider can be excluded for taking another riders line and causing that rider to fall, which is exactly what Crump did. Lindback had absolutely nowhere to go but down. Can you honestly say when it happened you thought Lindback was in the wrong?

I might have rose tinted glasses on at times but it was so clear cut, the same as the Nicholls/Andersen incident.

At least justice was done in the end with Crump ending up where he put Lindback. :approve:

Touching has nothing to do with it. A rider can be excluded for taking another riders line and causing that rider to fall, which is exactly what Crump did. Lindback had absolutely nowhere to go but down. Can you honestly say when it happened you thought Lindback was in the wrong?

I might have rose tinted glasses on at times but it was so clear cut, the same as the Nicholls/Andersen incident.

At least justice was done in the end with Crump ending up where he put Lindback. :approve:

I thought the second it happened that Lindback was in the wrong, but I feared Crump might be unfairly excluded. My opinion hasn't altered, except I now know that Crump wasn't excluded.

PLEASE LEARN SOME OF THE RULES FOLKS! tHIS ONE COMES UP ALL THE TIME AND THERE IS A MISCONCEPTION THAT CONTACT HAS TO TAKE PLACE.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO TOUCH A RIDER TO BE EXCLUDED.

YOU CAN BE EXCLUDED FOR TAKING THE OTHER RIDERS LINE CAUSING THAT RIDER TO FALL.

Whether or not Crump touched Lindback, he caused Lindback to fall by taking his line away. Even Sam Ermolenko and Tatum said the same thing, and Sam said it was clear cut.

In the other incident Nicholls was hard done by. Andersen was turning left all the ay down the straight and Nicholls did give him a small nudge entering the straight. Andersen should have gone but as the rider leading slightly had the advantage as far as the ref is concerned. Andersen knew if he dropped it Nicholls would more than likley be out, and so it proved.

Edited by Steve Shovlar

Pleased that a genuine racer won tonight, well done to AJ. Jason not really on form tonight but a final place with Greg and Nicki not making it means he stretches his lead in the championship once more, as Leigh said, he probably baled going into the third bend blinded. Both the contentious incidents could be seen as 50/50. When Jason went through on Antonio I thought he would be out. I think Antonio showed a bit of his inexperience by straightening and baling out. If he had kept his line, Jason would have knocked him off with the speed he was carrying into the bend and Jason would have been out. I wouldn't have argued with that. Hans and Scotty was just a great piece of hard top level racing and the decision could have gone either way. Villain of the night....................step forward Mr Shovlar with his disgusting comments here and on the updates pages. I can see it now, the tattoo on his forehead becoming clearer. An acronym for The Wimborne Alien Twerp.

PLEASE LEARN SOME OF THE RULES FOLKS! tHIS ONE COMES UP ALL THE TIME AND THERE IS A MISCONCEPTION THAT CONTACT HAS TO TAKE PLACE.

YOU CAN BE EXCLUDED FOR TAKING THE OTHER RIDERS LINE CAUSING THAT RIDER TO FALL.

Whether or not Crump touched Lindback, he caused Lindback to fall by taking his line away. Even Sam Ermolenko and Tatum said the same thing, and Sam said it was clear cut.

In the other incident Nicholls was hard done by. Andersen was turning left all the ay down the straight and Nicholls did give him a small nudge entering the straight. Andersen should have gone but as the rider leading slightly had the advantage as far as the ref is concerned. Andersen knew if he dropped it Nicholls would more than likley be out, and so it proved.

Glad scott was out ,his fault try opening your eyes.

Only trouble is Lindback is never sure which line he is on!!

Colin :)

Glad scott was out ,his fault try opening your eyes.

Hey The Know, I hope you enjoyed watching Andersen croak for the second GP in a row. Bloody hilarious! :lol:

Which kind of suggests even you can see Hans is in the wrong.

Go bakc and read my revious posts on Hans and scott threads, I like both so I'd like to think I'm quite neutral but I thought Hans was wrong there and the referee got it wrong.

No i could not se Hans is in the wrong !!!! i ment that no matter what happent loads of people would come on here and have a go at Hans again!!!

Well done referee you were right to exclude Scotty..

As most people on here seem to think that they could do a better job than the ref, maybe next time it could go down to a text vote, it could be the next reality tv show... :D

Villain of the night....................step forward Mr Shovlar with his disgusting comments here and on the updates pages. I can see it now, the tattoo on his forehead becoming clearer. An acronym for The Wimborne Alien Twerp.

<stalker mode on>

The trouble is Steve gets away with things on here that others would be banned or warned for, because many misguidely mistake him for a big lovable wind-up merchant. Where as in the real world he has nasty vindictive side to his nature. Constantly slagging every other club and rider (Twick or Poole riders apart), for doing the exact same thing his own club and riders do all the time.

A very bad loser if nothing else.

</stalker mode off>