British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest wes lake

Scott Autrey 50th

Congratulation´s Scott,

Best wishes,

Stephen Zetterwall from Eskilstuna/Sweden

Congratulations Scott on your 50th Birthday. I remember cutting your hair in the 70's and you were a really nice guy. My wife and I always enjoyed watching you ride at Poole were you became a legend. Have a great time on the 9th.

Scott[/img]

Nice Post, and great to see your name. Hope to talk to you soon or maybe catch up with you next time I visit your neck of the woods.

Your old buddy, Rick

Just need to keep Steve Hone away from this thread when he gets back from his hols. and I can keep my memories intact.  

Happy 50th Scott Autrey

p.s... how long did he hold the Exeter track record??

I think it was 13 years, 1979 to 1992 (broken by tony Olsson).

Guest Steve Middleditch

Scott I know this is really late but I just want to say Happy Birtday and to let you know that I have some great memories of our time together,even the old ford capri and you making me listen to the greatful dead and chasing Denny Scopaleti at Wembly that year.All the best to you and your family. Steve.

Scott I know this is really late but I just want to say Happy Birtday and to let you know that I have some great memories of our time together,even the old ford capri and you making me listen to the greatful dead and chasing Denny Scopaleti at Wembly that year.All the best to you and your family. Steve.

And what happened to the copter cowboy email addy Scott as in the Exeter Guestbook?-My sis is still waiting for a reply from her hero--shes 42 now!

If you ever get the chance to say Hi on the Exeter forum you would be welcomed with open arms.

HTTP://www.exeterfalcons.co.uk

Scott Autrey was the first of a new wave of Americans and laid the foundations for Bruce Penhall, Sam Ermolenko, Greg Hancock, Billy Hamill etc. He was a brilliant rider. I remember him well. Happy 50th.

Of course Scott was preceded by U.S Champ Steve Bast who had a few rides in 1970 for Wembley.Saw Scott in what was possibly his first ride in England in the second half at Plough Lane where he was joined by fellow countryman Sumner McKnight .For some reason Rick Woods who also came over that season was missing.But still ,Scott was a fantastic rider and a great Ambassador for his country