British Speedway Forum
falconnet

Tickets For Cardiff 2007

At the mo ............. thought they all went up closer to the date this year!

Some do but hotels like 'The MacDonald Lodge' say that once you have your reference number the price is secure! :)

Managed to book 3 rooms at the Cardiff Central Travelodge for 2 nights at a bargain price of £26 a night.

Result :D

Managed to book 3 rooms at the Cardiff Central Travelodge for 2 nights at a bargain price of £26 a night.

Result :D

When did you get those?

I'm thinking of not going, best offer I found was at the same hotel I stayed at this year - except for double the price and no breakfast !

Not sure if I've missed it somewhere, have they said how much tickets are going up after 31st December?

I've never been to the Cardiff GP before and am just about to book tickets - can anyone recommend which price bracket to go for? There's £29, 35, 40, 50, 55, 60 and 75. What's the differences???

Any advice gratefully received! :)

I've never been to the Cardiff GP before and am just about to book tickets - can anyone recommend which price bracket to go for? There's £29, 35, 40, 50, 55, 60 and 75. What's the differences???

Any advice gratefully received!  :)

having been there for football and speedway, there is a good view and atmosphere anywhere you go, not sure what the speedway would be like from the bottom tier though which I think are the £29 tickets.

Personally i go for £50 tickets and get front row of the middle tier on the bends, worked for me last year so no need to change a winning formula

aisle seats too for 2007 , just in case i need to get some refreshments in B)

I think the dearer tickets are then on the straights

having been there for football and speedway, there is a good view  and atmosphere anywhere you go, not sure what the speedway would be like from the bottom tier though which I think are the £29 tickets.

Personally i go for £50 tickets and get front row of the middle tier on the bends, worked for me last year so no need to change a winning formula

aisle seats too for 2007 , just in case i need to get some refreshments in  B)

I think the dearer tickets are then on the straights

Thanks Boggle - I was thinking that £50 seems to be in the middle so I think that's what we will go for.

I know what you mean about the atmosphere there, have been for international ruggers and it was great!

Thanks again!

Anyone any ideas where i can get 3 twin rooms in Cardiff for the GP ? I've tried all the usuall places but nothing doing.

Anyone any ideas where i can get 3 twin rooms in Cardiff for the GP ?  I've tried all the usuall places but nothing doing.

I've got a family room at Bridgend Pencoed Travelodge (just did a Google search for Travelodge!), as all the others that were any closer were full up! It's £49 and sleeps up to three adults. It says 20 miles from Cardiff, so we'll probably get a train from there.

Unless anyone can tell us anything closer??? But I thought I'd better book this coz I don't fancy kipping in the car!

Maybe I'm just being cynical but I think the price will go up significantly after the 31st Dec. It's already anything but cheap (ave. £50), and I suspect that the temptation to cash in is going to be too great for BSI to resist. They know we all love it, and people are going to be prepared to pay silly prices.

I also suspect that the price increase will be enough for them to do the same thing next year. (ie hold the 2007 price until the end of the year) Don't surprised if the average ticket is more like £60 next time round.

But like I said...maybe it's just me.

???

not sure what the speedway would be like from the bottom tier though which I think are the £29 tickets.
Thanks Boggle - I was thinking that £50 seems to be in the middle so I think that's what we will go for.

We're in the £29 seats and they are in the middle tier on the first bend so no need to pay £50.

We have always gone in the middle tier, but everywhere I suppose has a good view, although I've heard some forum members say they aren't keen on the bottom tier because it feels "too closed in."

See here. http://www.seetickets.com/speedwaygp/locat...iller2=multisgp

......and seating plan. http://www.speedwayworld.tv/cardiff2007/seatingplan.gif

Edited by Gemini

We're on the bottom tier and I absolutely love it :approve:

Fantastic view close to the action. Didn't think I would like it the first time we tried, but it's now the third year we will have been in the same block and it's fantastic :approve:

Never been in the middle tier, can't justify the stupid price, been in the top tier a few times and thats a great view, but last three years have been in the bottom tier as my wife doesn't like heights. Its a good view but I prefer the top teir more personally.