Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
falconnet

Tickets For Cardiff 2007

Personally, I dislike the bottom tier, you're covered up so don't get the atmosphere.

Other than that, I've not found a bad place to sit (or stand), middle and top, straight and bends, front row and back row. Tried it all.

Edited by SCB

Where else have you sat SC?

Hmmmm;

looking into bend 1 on the Middle Tier.

The front row of the Top Tier on bend 1+2

Middle Tier of bend 1 + 2

On the Backstraight

And on the lower tier bang smack in the middle of bend 1+2 for the last 2 years.

just a few numbers of hotels/b&b's in newport area

Anderley Lodge hotel (town centre) 01633 266781

the angel hotel (lots of pubs there :rolleyes: ) 01633 420264

Chorley house hotel (3 miles from town centre) 01633 246348

glenroy hotel (town centre) 01633 265541

kings hotel (town centre) 01633 842020

man of gwent 01633 281263

manor hotel (town centre) 01633 264685

newport hotel 01633 214247

Newport lodge hotel (just outside town centre) 01633 821818 or 01633 856360

walkabout hotel (smack centre of town) (lots of niteclubs around it) 01633 235990

Anyone know if the programmes are free if tickets are booked early like last year .

Or is it yet another rip off

Edited by tony159

Hmmmm;

looking into bend 1 on the Middle Tier.

The front row of the Top Tier on bend 1+2

Middle Tier of bend 1 + 2

On the Backstraight

And on the lower tier bang smack in the middle of bend 1+2 for the last 2 years.

Have tried other places but last three years we have been on Turn 1, middle tier (M3) just above the pit entrance and enjoyed the view. There is always a lot going on down there - hardly a dull moment as well as good place to see the racing.

I think you would be happy with any of the places your are considering. Personally I wouldn't want to be in the upper tier, too far from the action.

Witchnut

I'm not going - cheaper to see a GP abroad.

You know you will regret that decision later. :wink:

Never been in the middle tier, can't justify the stupid price.

There are £29 seats in the middle tier on the 1st & 2nd bends - the cheapest ones. :blink:

Better still if you are over 60 it's only £13. :lol:

Edited by Gemini

Anyone know if the programmes are free if tickets are booked early  like last year .

Or is it yet another rip off

Of course it will be a rip off, but as long as we all keep going it will continue to be a rip off.

Now they want you to believe they are doing you a favour by letting you buy tickets and give them the money 6 months in advance and you can have them at last years massively increased prices over the previous year before they almost certainly massively increase them again

I have just bought my season ticket for Wales entire home programme for the Euriop Championship qualifying which covers 6 home qualifying games and it has cost me £60, same seat for each of the 6 games and £60 for the lot. Yet we are ripped off for stupid money for a meeting where the presentation has diminshed each year I have gone and the track is generally shocking. For me the build up to the GP is infinitely better than the actual GP itself.

Of course it will be a rip off, but as long as we all keep going it will continue to be a rip off.

Not guilty :wink: I didn't go this year and have no intentions of going next year. As you say they give less and less for more and more. I'd far rather use the not inconsiderable amount of money necessary to "do" Cardiff, supporting the clubs around the UK that allow BSI to take the p!$$ cos without them BSI would end up with no riders at all.

To all of you that are going, enjoy. I'll spare you a thought at the extra 10 or so meetings I attend instead next year :wink:

Considering the fact that I had a week in Kos for £176 a couple of years ago, I think £220 a night is a bit steep.

Unless Miss Hilton (either will do) happens to be around. Then it's worth every penny. :D:P

I'm not going - cheaper to see a GP abroad.

You're right Addy. But I still wouldn't miss it for anything. Must be a good date for Scottish kids, they're on school hols then. Is John Postel-whatever Scottish? :unsure:

Cardiff is usually right in the middle of the GCSE, AS and A level exam period. This time the exams will be over. Great news for many, including us! :approve:

Yes, he did mention that. Nice to know that someone is taking notice of what the supporters want.

Cardiff is usually right in the middle of the GCSE, AS and A level exam period. This time the exams will be over. Great news for many, including us!  :approve:

How typical though that for the past few years I haven't been able to go because of exams at school, college and uni... and NOW they change it :rolleyes:

But I am all set for next year so I'm not complaining! :D