British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ezekiel

Mark Loram

Well then I stand corrected, misunderstood what I was reading. I won't delete my post, I might as well leave myself to look stupid rather than everyone else. :D

Joe Screen throttling back so as not to pass Loram for 2nd in heat 20 at Bydgoszcz is a vivid memory.

Yep, coming out of the 2nd bend.

Funny how after all the moans by Brits of other Nations doing similar, nobody ever remembers this!

DH, we all make mistakes. Been there done it and got the t-shirt :o

Edited by SCB

Tis true!  just got out my programmes from 2000 to confirm that one!

However, back then there were only 6 rounds compared to the 9 or 10 of the last couple of years, also the year that Mark won all were raced on real tracks not the one-off's that came in from the following year!

Thought I remember the Berlin track/mudbath that year was an american football stadium, so not a regular real track.

Witchnut

Berlin was 2001. 2000 WAS the last year with no temp tracks. Prague, Linkoeping, Wroclaw, Coventry, Voyens and Bydgoszcz were used in that order. In 6 GP there were 5 GP winners, the World Champion, Mark Loram won noe, Billy Hammil won 2 (the first and last) and inbetween Crumpy, Trick, Dugard and Hancock all won a GP each.

Edited by SCB

Sounds a damn good idea to me. The series needs more racers like him back in it. Sad to say, but we have a big gap in this country of riders ready for the GP stage and although i've nothing against Rico, he's just not making a place his own.

Having seen Loramski on Wednesday he's definitely back to his stunning old form. Haven't seen him as dominant round our track for a couple of years and thought maybe we'd seen the best of him.

Loramski for the GPs - got my vote.  :D

Yep, Mark also gets my vote for a GP wild card place, also a return to

the Pirates next season would be very nice!.

Come on Mark, you know it make sence!!.

Thought I remember the Berlin track/mudbath that year was an american football stadium, so not a regular real track.

Witchnut

As SCB says, Berlin was 2001 - I was one of the drowned rats there! :(

if Loram is to be a wild card for 2007 then it has to be at the expense of Richardson who consitantly fails to finish in the top eight qualifying places year in year out.

BSI will always include brits wether they qualify in the top eight or not to keep its gem Cardiff bubbling.with the way BSI have gone with its wild cards this year i would expect either Harris or Stead will join Nichols in 2007 if they fail in the GP challenge

if Loram is to be a wild card for 2007 then it has to be at the expense of Richardson who consitantly fails to finish in the top eight qualifying places year in year out.

BSI will always include brits wether they qualify in the top eight or not to keep its gem Cardiff bubbling.with the way BSI have gone with its wild cards this year i would expect  either Harris or Stead will join Nichols in 2007 if they fail in the GP challenge

I agree, cannot see BSI taking a chance on having just 1 brit in the GP, my money is on the best score between Steady or Bomber on Saturday in Vetlanda deciding it.

Masked Rooster for BSI :approve::wink:

Well you'd be wrong then.  24 rider format has been used since 1999 AFAIK.  It was tweaked a little circa 2002 I think (can't rememebr how tho! Mind playing trick maybe?)

Loram had to win his title with the all sudden death format.

But he didn't win a single GP during the year he became world champion.

Guest chris26
Yep, Mark also gets my vote for a GP wild card place, also a return to

the Pirates next season would be very nice!.

Come on Mark, you know it make sence!!.

yep, mark loram is full value for money IMHO :D:approve:

loramski will be a Witch next season, no doubt about it. :D:approve:

Guest chris26
Well you'd be wrong then.  24 rider format has been used since 1999 AFAIK.  It was tweaked a little circa 2002 I think (can't rememebr how tho! Mind playing trick maybe?)

Loram had to win his title with the all sudden death format.

the knockout format has been in place since 1998 :D

the format was indeed tweaked in 02 :D

I'd love to see Loram back in the GPs but we absolutely need to be bringing these young British riders through. No way is Loram past his best, no way is he too old, but he isn't particularly young either, now at the moment our 2 most promising riders seem to be Bomber and Steady, out of the 2 I have to favour Chris Harris but both are coming on well. The other British talent is Danny King, James Wright, Edward Kennett to a lesser extent, all of which aren't ready to even be a wildcard IMO. Presuming Scott Nicholls keeps getting points in and finished in the top 8 and providing Lee Richardson doesn't get yet another chance and not make the top 8 we only get 1 Brit qualifying. Personally I cannot see Harris or Steady getting a place through the qualifiers so if it was up to me I'd go with 1 Brit, or Nicholls and Harris.

But of course the former can't happen, I mean Scott Nicholls can't sell all those Cardiff tickets himself :blink:

But he didn't win a single GP during the year he became world champion.

Back in 2000 there was no same riders winning grand prix in grand prix out, so basically it came down to consistent scoring. In my eyes this makes a better World Champion as it was worked for in a different way to just winning all the time, ok a tad bias being a Loram fan I know :wink: The last couple of years have been "I wonder who'll come 2nd" because top spot was already a fore gone conclusion.

Deal!

Shall we shake on it now! :unsure: