British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
boz

Joe Haines

Today's Middlesbrough Evening Gazette 'confirms' that Joe will sign for CVS's Redcar Bears Junior squad the Cleveland Bays when he turns 15 next month.

Excellent signing for the Bays, the guy is a talent.

Excellent signing for the Bays, the guy is a talent.

Certainly is, just finished editing the IOW round, very impressed with him and Ben Hopwood.

As already said, he cant sign a contract yet and will be 15 soon but having bought Joe down to Wolves alot last season, it became clear that when he does get the chance to sign a contract, it would be of great benefit to him to sign for a Premier League team that has very strong connections to an Elite League team.

So BOZ, if you are a Redcar fan, it would probably be a safe bet he will be at reserve for the Bears in 2008 with CVS having him in "his right pocket but could put him in the left pocket"  ;)

Today's Middlesbrough Evening Gazette 'confirms' that Joe will sign for CVS's Redcar Bears Junior squad the Cleveland Bays when he turns 15 next month.

;)

He was 15 on Monday and will ride on Thursday.

Edited by TNT133

Joe scored a paid maximum in only his 2nd Conference Shield match and so far has scored 33 paid 36 in just three meetings

Joe will also be in the 16 strong field at Wolverhampton in the British Under 18's Championship in October

Joe scored a paid maximum in only his 2nd Conference Shield match and so far has scored 33 paid 36 in just three meetings

Fantastic. Hope he continues to ride as well as he as started, at last some new British talent coming through.

Joe will also be in the 16 strong field at Wolverhampton in the British Under 18's Championship in October

Are you his manager/ sponsor or just really like him ????

Are you his manager/ sponsor or just really like him ????

see pm - a little bit of each ;)

see pm - a little bit of each  ;)

As Far as I am aware TNT you are neither but you do the start gate at Wolves.It seems you are creating a false description of your wishfull involvements !!!.

I can say you are NOT HIS MANAGER and YOU DO NOT SPONSOR HIM.

The air time you give him though is appreciated and so is you support.

From AN UNBIASED SUPPORTER !!!

As Far as I am aware TNT you are neither but you do the start gate at Wolves.It seems you are creating a false description of your wishfull involvements !!!.

I can say you are NOT HIS MANAGER and YOU DO NOT SPONSOR HIM.

The air time you give him though is appreciated and so is you support.

From AN UNBIASED SUPPORTER !!!

I am not his manager and havent claimed to be, but I have helped Joe out where ever possible and as for sponsorship, I am meeting Joe in two weeks to set up a package that can be used to give to possible sponsors.

This will be a package stating what he has done so far, what he intends to do and what is needed to move forward in the sport. These will be used along with pictures by a proffessional photographer to hopefully get Joe some sponsorship.

I am also in contact with a few companies about getting him sponsorship deals for next season and hopefully if these come together, then we can get Joe kitted out in a new kevlar suit and parts for his bike.

I have also arranged for Joe to have Billy Hamill's mechanic with him in the Under 18's Championship at Monmore Green where Joe has been a regular visitor when possible after I got him in there to ride after the meetings in practice races and introduced him to CVS in 2004.

So as I say, I am not his manager, but having spotted him as a 12 year-old on the grass and seen the potential, I am trying to help out as much as possible to move forward and will continue to do so.

As far as I'm concerned his manager is his dad, Steve who has devoted a great deal of time towards Joe's career and at great expense and hope this is proved a good investment in the future.

So TNT you are probably best place, but do you think - as I hope - we will see Joe as a Bear for a few seasons before he joines the Wolves ranks or do he want to go EL like Bridger straightaway, think he should start PL myself.

Lets see how he learns to walk before he runs shall we.

We did speak about it a bit some time ago and I think it was a case of lets see how things go really. Joe isnt a cocky kid and wont say he is going to do this or do that.

I personally feel that all British riders should have at least a season in the Premier League, but every now and again there comes along a raw talent that could adapt to Elite League racing from the age of 16.

Mark Loram and Joe Screen were two classic cases, but Mark wisely at the time decided to move back to the National League for a time to learn his trade like Havelock, Norris, Louis etc all did.

More recently Lewis Bridger has jumped straight into the Elite League and looked capable of treading water while Daniel King was much the same, but I feel he took a backwards step by moving down but doubling up instead of a season or two in the National League.

In Joe's case, he has the potential and style to go along way if things fall into place but first lets see how he goes in the Conference League next season before working out where he will be in 2008.

Just enjoy him at the lower leagues while you can

Joe H - Now my understanding is he has just turned 15. This was his first meeting at CL level. If that is true then IMO i have just seen the individual perormance of the Season at Loomer Road at CL level ( i bet PL level as well ).

1st ride - Last in to bend 1 on lap 1 - in 1st coming of bend 2 on lap 1 - with a superb blast around the outside of everyone ( dont think Sam was expecting that ). Then when in the lead never got excited just looked so composed.

2nd ride - Last in to bend 1 - David S slowed Sam down for 2 laps then Joe blasted his way around the both of them on bend 3 & 4 on lap 2. Again looking carm once he had overtaken the 2 riders.

In his 3rd and 4th rides he got himself into third place and just rode sensible races, he wasn't trying uncontrolled or silly racing lines.

I thought at this point tiredness must be kicking in as well, making your debut and racing so well ( plus he only looks half the size of the other riders including Ben Barker ) then bugger me they give him a TR ride in his last race and he scores 4pts coming 2nd to Ben ( and not to far behind him ).

How many 15 year old debutents can claim to having a TR ( at an away track as well ).

Overall view was the Bays more than likely benefitted due to the changes due to the injuries of Allott ( or Luke ), Irving and Branney but the meeting was good and enjoyable ( and very quick, meeting took 1hr 25 mins inc interval ).

My MOM's were for the Spitfires David Haigh and for the Bays well it has to be Joe H.

This is taken from a match posting on the Spitfires v Bays thread. If you get the chance go watch this kid ride.

Joe rode in the Sam Ermolenko Farewell last night wearing his new SUBspiecies set up that has kitted him out for the new season.

This is the same set up as used by Scott Nicholls and also signed up has been Josh Auty and Adam Wrathall.

Joe had one ride against Wrathall and 13 year old James Sarjeant and won by a clear length of a straight in a time only just over a second slower than those clocked in the meeting.

With Joe lining up at reserve in the Conference this year with Scunthorpe and Tai Woffiden and Josh Auty, it looks like Scunny will be in for a very good season.