British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
KrisB

Do Andersen's Gp Points Now Count?

As Hans is now a fully-fledged GP rider for the rest of the season, do all his points to date count towards a final placing, or only the points he scored at Malilla as he was a wild card for the other two GPS, or none of them?

From what i recall if he does get enough points to finish in the top 3 of the GP series he finishes up on the rotrum but he will not qualify for next years GP series by finishing in the top 8. So if a rider finishes 9th below Anderen its like he is 8th place really. Mind having said that there is plenty of time to come up with new rules.

I don't know for sure but I would have thought his placing stands. In '95 Billy was only reserve for the first GP, but rode in the other 5 rounds. He finished 5th despite the handicap of missing a round (he'd have almost certainly been 3rd had he ridden in Poland). He was classified as 5th at the end of the year. Having said that this is speedway, so who knows. :blink::unsure:

When Mark Loram was a Wild Card throughout most of the season a few years back and finished in the top 8 he did not automatically qualify.

I don't know for sure but I would have thought his placing stands.  In '95 Billy was only reserve for the first GP, but rode in the other 5 rounds.  He finished 5th despite the handicap of missing a round (he'd have almost certainly been 3rd had he ridden in Poland).  He was classified as 5th at the end of the year.  Having said that this is speedway, so who knows.  :blink:  :unsure:

The rules were different back then due to the reserve thing.

Hans will NOT get a medal if he's in the top 3 and will NOT qualify for next year if he's in the top 8.

The rules clearly state that wildcards, reserves and replacements have there points taken awya and the standings are worked out from there after each GP, so sticktly speaking, Hans is on 0 Gp points ATM.

Edited by SCB

Strictly speaking I'm sure you are right, but the way the GP Championship results table is constructed and published all riders (nominated riders, reserves or wild-cards) amass points in the same way, if Hans was to say come third overall on points scored he would have an Olsen-proof case for inclusion next year.

Witchnut

A better question: why should it NOT count, no matter what his status at any given time? :rolleyes:

witchnut, I agree, if he does make it inot 3rd place he'll forever be remember as the unnoficial 3rd place guy in the World Championship and it'll be one of them quiz questions at a speedway quiz night in 20 years time!

I think it would be hard to not include Hans as a Wildcard if he did finish in the top 8, in effect meaning the top 9 qualify for 2007.

Is it me or are the rules are a complete charade when a rider who should obviously be among the top 16 in the world has to be granted a place because his qualification on the track apparently counts for nothing? :blink:

Thay actually said in the last GP that it didnt matter where he finished he couldnt be classed in the top 8

From what i recall if he does get enough points to finish in the top 3 of the GP series he finishes up on the rostrum but he will not qualify for next years GP series by finishing in the top 8. So if a rider finishes 9th below Andersen its like he is 8th place really. Mind having said that there is plenty of time to come up with new rules.

If this is the case, then it provides irrefutable evidence that the GP is the biggest load of nonsense in the history of the sport.. :sad:

It's clear that Andersen is currently the second or third best rider in the world: alright, Crumpie's the best but if Andersen had been in the series he'd be alongside - and probably ahead.. - of Jonsson in challenging for a rostrum position.

By refusing him a place in the World Championship it has completely undermined the '06 title race.

And as for the suggestion that he could still face exclusion in '07 even by finishing in the top eight (indeed, top three)..: well, there can be no stronger argument for scrapping the bankrupt GP system and returning to the BEST World Championship event in the whole of sport..: the World Final..

The rules were different back then due to the reserve thing.

Hans will NOT get a medal if he's in the top 3 and will NOT qualify for next year if he's in the top 8.

The rules clearly state that wildcards, reserves and replacements have there points taken awya and the standings are worked out from there after each GP, so sticktly speaking, Hans is on 0 Gp points ATM.

This was raised earlier and advice was sought, his points will not count towards next year so even if he finshes in the top 8 he will not qualify for 2007.

But he has been informed that if he scores enough points to finish on the overall rostrum he will receive the appropriate medal

The way he is riding that is a distinct possibility

But he has been informed that if he scores enough points to finish on the overall rostrum he will receive the appropriate medal

So he can officially be recognised as second or third but won't officially be in the top eight?

Don't you just love speedway rules??? :blink:

it'll be one of them quiz questions at a speedway quiz night in 20 years time!

with the way rules are made and changed do you really think there will be speedway in 20 years time?