British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MattK

Polish People: How Do You Pronounce...

...Chrzanowski, as in Tomasz Chrzanowski.

I've heard about a dozen different ways of saying it in the last fornight. The most popular seems to be Shan-owski. Is this correct?

...Chrzanowski, as in Tomasz Chrzanowski.

I've heard about a dozen different ways of saying it in the last fornight. The most popular seems to be Shan-owski. Is this correct?

it's ch-chanoisk I believe, but I'm not 100 per cent sure :D

While we're on the subject, how do you pronounce Miedzinski?

Shanovski isn't a million miles away. Brits would find it difficult to pronounce the first 4 letters (Chrz) which are two separate sounds. Rolling them into a 'sh' isn't too bad a substitute. :P

As for Miedzinski phonetecially I'd suggest mye-jinski. Hope that comes across ok Grachan.

Rico :rolleyes:

Edited by Rico

Anyway, however you pronounce it, it's probably nothing like how Tony Millard pronounces it - although Millard's pronunciations are liable to change during the course of a meeting, so he might get it right once or twice.

As for Miedzinski phonetecially I'd suggest mye-jinski. Hope that comes across ok Grachan.

That's no fun. That's how I'd have said it anyway.

I wonder how they pronounce Ballacks first name over there.Is it Mee-kay-el or the english My-kal :unsure::P

Shanovski isn't a million miles away. Brits would find it difficult to pronounce the first 4 letters (Chrz) which are two separate sounds. Rolling them into a 'sh' isn't too bad a substitute.  :P

Rico  :rolleyes:

Was Mye jinski a cartoon mouse.

Anyway, however you pronounce it, it's probably nothing like how Tony Millard pronounces it - although Millard's pronunciations are liable to change during the course of a meeting, so he might get it right once or twice.

I think millard pronounce's "johno" as havvy!! :o