Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum
-DelBoyRodders-

2006 World Champion: Jason Crump

Congratulations Crumpie on winning the World Crown !!!

Many, many congratulations to Jason on his 2nd World Championship win, the 2nd of more I hope!

Of course but I think it is very important this season that we have a World Champion who is a full time Elite league rider, who doesn't use the league as just a testing ground for his equipment, and who is committed enough not to run to the doctor when he feels a bit under the weather and a GP is coming up. Some may not like his personality, some may dislike his flashes of temper, and others prejudiced against the colour of his hair but he has shown himself 100 per cent committed to the British Elite league. All British Elite fans should be congratulating him. I think he could go on from here and push himself for further records.

Yes, we are the lucky ones!

He was asked or hinted at twice during interviews maybe next year another title and he just skimmed straight over it? He either never heard or he's one of those that doesn't count his chickens before they've hatched :rolleyes:

First things first, Sophie Blake looked better than she's ever done tonight - stunning.

Second things second, congratulations to Jason Crump on his world championship. A very worthy and deserved win from easily the best rider around at the minute.

He's been head and shoulders above everyone this year, and it was only a matter of time until he won it. He could have won a lot more by now if he hadn't been riding in the same era as Tony Rickardsson.

You have to hand it to Crumpy, he's probably the most consistent rider in recent memory. I can't remember the last time he finished outside the top two in the World Championships. And an 11+ average in the Elite League to boot - this year has been all about him.

Well done Crumpy....A class rider. And I watched all of his father's career....For those who debated whether Phil was better the answer is his son is head and shoulders above what Phil ever was, and that is saying something.

Not a fan of the fella, but he has been head and shoulders above everyone else this season.

After Hancock waved him past in the second and third GP's he hasn't looked back. He has certainly had all the fortune this season as well, but as said he has been the best by a distance this season.

Hopefully someone can put in a challenge next year as don't want someone who has a personality like Crumps to go down as one of the greats.

Edited by Chris

"as he jumped from the gate as the rest looked in his billabong you'll come a walzting with crumpie and me"

another world champ for the aces faithful to savour.a massive congrats jason now for the hat-trick :P

Not a fan of the fella, but he has been head and shoulders above everyone else this season.

After Hancock waved him past in the second and third GP's he hasn't looked back. He has certainly had all the fortune this season as well, but as said he has been the best by a distance this season.

Hopefully someone can put in a challenge next year as don't want someone who has a personality like Crumps to go down as one of the greats.

Do you know him personally to comment on his personality? You are probably judging him on post race interviews etc. The only part of his personality that counts on track is that he his a born winner, thats why he has won his two world titles. I see him every week at Belle Vue, he gives 100% in every race, almost never misses league matches and rides in as as many testimonials etc has he can. Crump is already one of the greats, as is anybody that wins modern day world titles.

Congratulations on Jason becoming world champion,a thoroughly deserved title.The guy gives everything in every race,whether it be for club or country.He never cries off with a minor injury or a headache and is a true world champion.Once again we can welcome home the world championship to Belle Vue. :approve:

.Once again we can welcome home the world championship to Belle Vue. :approve:

Absolutely :D . Well done Jason. Now equal with the late, great Peter Craven as an Aces double World Champ, it would be great if Crumpy could now push on towards Ivan's record, and I believe he has the time and the ability to do it.

Well done, Crumpy. That's 2 2 2 1 2 1 over the last six years. Another couple of wins and he'll be featuring in the arguments about the greatest ever. And deservedly so. A truly brilliant rider.

He was asked or hinted at twice during interviews maybe next year another title and he just skimmed straight over it?

Had to finish taping the coverage and watch it again ............. Jason said he didn't know if he had the motivation to try to win another title, hmmmmmmm.

Had to finish taping the coverage and watch it again ............. Jason said he didn't know if he had the motivation to try to win another title, hmmmmmmm.

HE NEVER SAID THAT.

If you care to listen properly he said he didn't know if he had the motivation to win LAST NIGHT'S GP.