British Speedway Forum

was told today by a witches ticket holder,are you going thursday night for the 16 lapper??? no holder though  cause hes at sheffeild so i guess its thursday

Cheers for the info Captaingeesh..... So its off to the updates for me Thursday then.

Anyone know the revised lineup for this or is it the same as the original field, announced last week??

Cheers for the info Captaingeesh..... So its off to the updates for me Thursday then.

Anyone know the revised lineup for this or is it the same as the original field, announced last week??

Hi TC - the lineup for this should be as last week with the exception of Holder who is unavailable. And yes, it IS definately this Thursday. I'm surprised it wasn't announced as such sooner actually as it was almost definate last Thursday that it would be then!

Pete - the half term idea woulod probably have been one that the promotion would have liked had it not been so late in the month.....they're keen to allow some time for it to be re-run if the rain should intervene though, and the 26th wouldn't have given them that comfort zone! :)

Thanks Robyn... now to pick me a couple of riders to put my usual hoodoo on...everytime I back someone or a team to win, they lose...except Peterborough in the Playoff Final...that one went wrong!! :lol:

Guest PanthersChamp06

Bugger, thats 2 times I wanted to watch this but havent been able to as the Panthers are on.

As Robyn said TC its the same line up as last week except for Holder who is set to be replaced by a young American star of the future! With this lad (unamed so far) and 16 year old Dane Mikael Nielsen, it seems the witches are using the event to run the rule over a couple of highly rated youngsters which is good to see. I always look forward to this event, but i'm even more looking forward to seeing how these 2 youngsters get on.

Updates on this meeting will be available Here

Don't know any Danish riders of that name.Only Nielsens are 80cc riders,i think.

Maybe Mattias Nilsson from Sweden?

I do know of Michael Bach Nielsen. Last time I saw him ride in the 90s though, so he's definitely no youngster. Not even sure if he's still riding either.

What??? How??

The young American lad won't be riding either, his flight from America was delayed. And the young dane is 16 year old Mikael Nielsen who was recommended by John Jorgensen. He IS riding tonight. Nielsen i mean, not Jorgensen :D

What??? How??

Did someone spill the beans about there being 8 riders in the last heat? :shock:

Hope the injury is not serious btw! :)

Did someone spill the beans about there being 8 riders in the last heat?  :shock:

Hope the injury is not serious btw!  :)

4 on the fron't grid, 4 on the back. The sight of 8 riders roaring to the first bend is a sight every speedway fan must witness at some point :wink:

Possibly no Loram tonight, has a neck injury

Karl

Apparently Mark has trapped a muscle from an old injury!

Atleast that is what report from Foxhall states!

Edited by SuzieQ

WINNER - ADAM SHIELDS

Texter: Sue

Updater: SuzieQ

Line Up:

Shaun Tacey: 2 0 1 2 = 5 (7th)

Tobias Kroner: 0 2 3 3 = 8 (6th)

Adam Shields: 3 3 1 2 = 9 (1st)

Carl Wilkinson: 1 1 0 0 = 2 (10th)

David Howe: 1 3 2 3 = 9 (4th)

Robert Miskowiak: 3 3 2 3 = 11 (5th)

Leigh Lanham: 2 1 3 2 = 8 (3rd)

Matt Wright: 0 0 0 0 = 0 (12th)

Kim Jansson: 2 2 3 0 = 7 (2nd)

Davey Watt: ef 1 2 1 = 4 (9th)

Claus Vissing: 1 1 0 1 = 3 (11th)

Lewis Bridger: 3 2 1 1 = 7 (8th)

Heat 1: Shields. Tacey. Wilkinson. Kroner. 60.6

Heat 2: Miskowiak. Lanham. Howe. Wright. 61.1

Heat 3: Bridger. Jansson. Vissing. Watt ef. 60.9

Heat 4: Howe. Jansson. Wilkinson. Tacey. 60.0

Heat 5: Miskowiak. Kroner. Watt. Wright. 60.4

Heat 6: Shields. Bridger. Lanham. Vissing. 61.3

Heat 7: Jansson. Miskowiak. Tacey. Vissing. 60.4

Heat 8: Kroner. Howe. Bridger. Wilkinson. 61.1

Heat 9: Lanham. Watt. Shields. Wright. 61.5

Heat 10: Kroner. Tacey. Bridger. Wright. 61.9

Heat 11: Miskowiak. Lanham. Vissing. Wilkinson. 60.6

Heat 12: Howe. Shields. Watt. Jansson. 61.7

Consolation (6 laps)

Line-up: Watt. Wright. Vissing. Wilkinson.

Result: Watt. Wilkinson. Vissing. Wright. 93.4

Interval

Final (16 laps)

Result: Jansson. Lanham. Shields. Howe. Tacey. Kroner. Miskowiak. Bridger ef (lap 11) 4m 6.1 sec

taking into account points etc and after being totally baffled by Sue's texts!

Winner is Adam Shields as started off back grid.

Comments:

Heat 1: to be rerun - all 4 back - starting gate malfunction

Heat 2: Robert made two passes. First one on 1st lap back straight to take 2nd place and then 3rd lap, 3rd bend pass on inside of Lanham to take 1st.

Heat 3: Watt's bike failed at start. Bridger looked very good and smooth.

Heat 5: Misko won buy a mile (think Sue exagerated there!)

Heat 6: Extra time being allowed for Adam's bike! Seriously though, Davey borrowed it in Heat 5, so just getting refuelled etc! Don't you just love these Aussies? Helping each other out

Heat 6: Shields wins by a mile (think she is at it again!!)

Heat 7: Good battle between the two Ipswich boys.

Heat 9: Watt coming out on Shields second bike!

Heat 9: Hmmmm! cannot help but think Adam's 2nd bike should be his 1st! (atleast for that race)

Heat 10: Good pass by Kroner at start of lap 3.

Heat 11: Misko by a mile (there she goes again!)

Heat 12: Jansson lost it on 3rd/4th bend of 1st lap.

Con Fin: From the gate

Final: Good battle between Shields and Misko for a few laps before Misko started dropping back.

Note: In the final, riders going off the back grid have 2 points added!

Points in final are awarded as follows:

1st 14 points......2nd 12 points.........3rd 10 points

4th 8 points..........5th 6 points...........6th 4 points

7th 2 points.........8th 0 points

Courtesy of Speedway Updates and a very cold Sue!!! (there not here, I am roasty toasty!)

Edited by SuzieQ

Just to  answer a few questions about fuel tanks etc.

Some riders opt for the 'take a chance' fill the tank to the brim tactics. 

We just fitted a standard longtrack tank replacing the normal Speedway tank after the qualifying heats.

After 16 laps (18 including the push off and slow down) there was still plenty of fuel left