Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Just wonder if the mysterious Michael Nielsen could in fact be Claus Vissing? :unsure: As i have seen a report on the Holsted site that he is over and having a few run outs,including at Ipswich

So,was i right?What happened to the 16 year old sensation M.Nielsen that was such a mystery?Never heard of before :unsure:

So,was i right?What happened to the 16 year old sensation M.Nielsen that was such a mystery?Never heard of before :unsure:

Michael Nielsen is/was Vissings mechanic :blink:

Does anyone know who the young American who was going to ride but missed his flight was ??

Does anyone know who the young American who was going to ride but missed his flight was ??

Can only imagine it was Shaun Harmatiuk's paperboy going by the Vissing/Nielsen thing :P

Can only imagine it was Shaun Harmatiuk's paperboy going by the Vissing/Nielsen thing :P

Yes it was any one of those :P

Never been to a 16 lapper, are they able to stop if they need to go to the toliet?

Also how do the riders remember all the laps they have to do, after all we only have 10 fingers and it aint easy to use your toes while riding a bike is it?

...counting the laps is done via a series of LAP Counter boards...numbered one to fifteen, held up by the start marshall/flag marshall, who are normally one and the same anyway. In the event that the race is stopped, it would depend on the amount of laps completed as to whether the race is started from the beginning again...full 16 laps or is restarted and the remainder are completed, for example, 12 laps etc.

For the past couple of years, Spedeworth International, who are the landlords and run the stockcars, for those that don't know, have helped to add a little bit of razzamatazz to the event, supplying startline girls, who carry count down boards during the build up to the race, 2 min's to go, 30 sec's to go, Gentlemen start your engines etc. Also at the start of the Grand Final, they used to set off a series of pyrotechinics around the 1st and 2nd bends(well away on the centre green) as the riders went off on the 1st lap, which just added to the whole spectacle. I have no idea if they did that this year, not being there, but it certainly added that something special to the evening.

For the past couple of years, Spedeworth International, who are the landlords and run the stockcars, for those that don't know, have helped to add a little bit of razzamatazz to the event, supplying startline girls, who carry count down boards during the build up to the race, 2 min's to go, 30 sec's to go, Gentlemen start your engines etc. Also at the start of the Grand Final, they used to set off a series of pyrotechinics around the 1st and 2nd bends(well away on the centre green) as the riders went off on the 1st lap, which just added to the whole spectacle. I have no idea if they did that this year, not being there, but it certainly added that something special to the evening.

nope, not a thing this year :(:(

nope, not a thing this year  :(  :(

Bit of a shame that...certainly added some Glamour to the evening... wonder if Spedeworth are trying to save some pennies....who know's.

Bit of a shame that...certainly added some Glamour to the evening... wonder if Spedeworth are trying to save some pennies....who know's.

Apparently the chap who Spedeworth use for the pyro's wasn't available. I was told why but can't remember now! I have to asmit to being sneakily quite relieved as there are enough restrictions with where we can stand out there these days without having to avoid the explosives as well!