British Speedway Forum
norbold

Building Started

Just to let everyone know that work on the building has now started. The foundations are down and the structure is now being erected.

It looks like being a reality at last!

Brilliant news.

Well done to everyone involved,but especially George and Linda Barclay.

Are there any pictures?

Brilliant news.

Yeah - a big well done to all involved in this project

I hope it is a massive success when its up and running.

Will definitely be paying a visit

Is there a planned date for opening at all?

Looking forward to seeing the finished article.

George, Linda and all involved should be proud of their efforts. On behalf of fans all over the country I thank you for turning an idea into reality.

Are there any pictures?

Take a trip to Broxbourne Park Trev, it's an excellent place, I feel sure if you enquired about the museum they may let you have a look at how it's progressing.

Is there a planned date for opening at all?

When I last spoke to George he said they were hoping for next spring.

Edit** Sorry Norbold didn't see your posting. :oops:

Edited by shazzybird

Take a trip to Broxbourne Park Trev, it's an excellent place,

The name of the place is Paradise Wildlife Park. I'm sure they'd let you have a look, though at the moment all you will see is a building site!

great news i for one would also like to say a BIG thankyou to those involved that has made it possible,cant wait to see the finished product

Paradise Park is an excellent attraction in its own right, we visited there this summer and had a great day, the addition of the Speedway museum will make it a 'must visit' next time we are in the area next spring. the Park alone is a full day out and is one of the most well laid out animal parks in the country

Brilliant news.

Agreed. However a big thank-you should also go to Edinburgh, the only club who refused to allow a collection. Shame on you Edinburgh!

Agreed. However a big thank-you should also go to Edinburgh, the only club who refused to allow a collection. Shame on you Edinburgh!

[/quote short arms and long pockets im afraid :shock:

Interesting comment from Len Silver at Rye House last night.

He made special mention and welcome to Mrs Brenda Craven,widow of the late great Peter.She had apparantly been in attendance at the Paradise Wildlife Park earlier in the day.

Something to do with the footings of the new Speedway Museum?I didnt quite hear the full explanation,as we were chatting.Can anyone enlighten us further,please?

Yes, Brenda Craven came down for a special (small) ceremony to officially mark the commencement of building. The logo for the Speedway Museum features Peter Craven.