British Speedway Forum

If i'm gonna be mad enough to trek across the Uk for this one on 7th Jan, i will need to book a train soon to get a cheap ticket, so can anyone confirm the start time for me please?

davidba

Probably, tho I make no guarnetees, 1pm.

Is that the correct date, the 7th SCB?

Edited by M.D

AFAIK, yes. It's always the first Sunday in January.

So is their any riders confirmed or any speculation about who's riding,the only rider i can think of is sam simota saying he is hoping to make his comeback at the classic.

Good grief. We're only just into November and already hungry for the NYC. Please could Tim consider a full programme of riders instead of just the 12 for a change? And possibly the top riders meeting - before the final?

No complaints really; January - we are so starved anyway. :blink:

So far, we have one rider, AFAIK.

Nicki Glanz!!!! I'm sure nobody needs telling he's not exactly going to get the masses flocking to South Wales!

So is their any riders confirmed or any speculation about who's riding,the only rider i can think of is sam simota saying he is hoping to make his comeback at the classic.

You never know, SCB is always pleased to see me and my mate down at Newport. Maybe this year, he may extend his grant for a cider at the bend 2 caravan for me :approve:

Edited by M.D

You never know, SCB is always pleased to see me and my mate down at Newport. Maybe this year, he may extend his grant for a cider at the bend 2 caravan for me  :approve:

We're moving up the World at Newport!! We have a proper bar at the back of the stand. I'll be trying it out :D

It surely cannot be like the old bar that was always colder than it was outside, even in the winter with sub-zero temparatures, the Newpor bar was colder! Always nice in the summer though.

The only bar I have been in where the longer you keep hold of your pint, the cooler it gets! :P

Edited by SCB

It surely cannot be like the old bar that was always colder than it was outside, even in the winter with sub-zero temparatures, the Newpor bar was colder! Always nice in the summer though.

And I've heard tell that there may even be some heating in the bar!

As we all know Tim has rides that will ride to the conditions in the classic, so it will probably be the favoured few but wouldnt it be nice to get Stuart Robson there riding against Sam Simota two brilliant riders around Newport.

Czech ace Zdenek 'Sam' Simota signs up for the New Year Classic.

Full story in Friday's Argus Sport

Czech ace Zdenek 'Sam' Simota signs up for the New Year Classic.

Full story in Friday's Argus Sport

If he makes the final I hope he doesn't spend hours chosing which gate to go off like he did in the Welsh Open, otherwise everyone will turn into ice blocks!

What makes everyone think it will be cold in January. :unsure:

The way our weather has been recently Spring will have already started!!! :o

I sat outside for coffe today in just a polo shirt (and bottom bits as well before people start getting silly) and it was really pleasant!

So I reckon Winter in December and Spring in January!!!! :D

What makes everyone think it will be cold in January.  :unsure:

The way our weather has been recently Spring will have already started!!!  :o

I sat outside for coffe today in just a polo shirt (and bottom bits as well before people start getting silly) and it was really pleasant!

So I reckon Winter in December and Spring in January!!!!  :D

Or winter is merely being delayed.

Autumn Now and December. Winter January through til march ;)