British Speedway Forum

So can we expect you two to make it to the NYC? If so, u coming to the cinema buzzy? ;)

So can we expect you two to make it to the NYC?  If so, u coming to the cinema buzzy? ;)

Too right! Gotta make sure ive saved up mind you :rolleyes:

Does anyone know how to contact Tim Stone with the view of getting a rider or riders a spot on the program?

It might be worth PM Vince on this forum. He is in regualr contact with Tim and I'm sure he would be happy to pass on any potential names.

If not, there's always good old snail mail, check your PM's for more info ;)

This sounds an exciting event with which to start the new year!

Will you be there SCB, or are you still basing all your opinions on Speedway Star and hearsay

Edited by Dave Elvey

Will you be there SCB, or are you still basing all your opinions on Speedway Star and hearsay

I base my opinion on fact! I've been to Newport Speedway enough to know what I think.

That said, I am considering coming out of my self impossed exile for this meeting, probably more meetings by March once I've gone a winter without the sport and want to see as much as possible.

OK, opinion. Either way, I I able to make my own mind up without others help. I thought it was obvious enough reading this forum I don't let other make my mind up for me and I'm capable of doing that myself.

Woww - Mr Elvey you really are endearing yourself to this forum.

A member (under this name) since September and you are having a pop.

Maybe your signature says it all.

How to win friends and influence them :(

Woww - Mr Elvey you really are endearing yourself to this forum.

A member (under this name) since September and you are having a pop.

Maybe your signature says it all.

How to win friends and influence them  :(

I think people ignored what he said even before the mods gagged him Sandie.

Have a little scroll though some of his previous posts - very constructive! :blink:

I've never been to the New Year Classic before so would like to know a couple of things before I venture into unknown territory:

1/ Are the people friendly as I will more than likely make the trip by myself.

2/ Is it a meeting of good quality?

3/ Is there a train station relatively close as I do not drive

4/ Would I be well advised to get accomodation as............

5/ Does it turn into a beer fest of the like that I will not be able to drag myself away from :D

Many thanks in advance for any help that I may receive.

P.S Is it better than the Brighton Bonanza???

1/ Are the people friendly as I will more than likely make the trip by myself.

As friendly as any where else :)

2/ Is it a meeting of good quality?
Generally, yes. Last years was bad but I'd say that was the exception.

3/ Is there a train station relatively close as I do not drive
No, not really. A taxi would cost about £10 at a guess.

4/ Would I be well advised to get accomodation as............

5/ Does it turn into a beer fest of the like that I will not be able to drag myself away from :D

Not really. Generally a few of the locals end up in the bar at any meeting at Newport, so no doubt there would be someone in there if you wnated a chat and a drink though. I guess it depends who you befriend during the meeting :)

Better than Brighton? It's real speedway. Brightons a less serious, good fun day out where everyone ahs a laugh. The NYC is normally good speedway but you're bloody cold!!

Many thanks SCB, I think I'm going to have to make the trip, I can't cope until March and with Sam Simota making an appearance then I'll at least have a Bulldog to cheer on :D

Just need to arrive early to soak up the atmosphere because the programme seems so short. Please can we have 16 riders (including Chris Harris!)?!!

The opportunity is there for real speedway and we usually get a turn or two for us hungry supporters who need feeding (and not on turkey etc....)

Blimey if SCB is turning out it must be promising..... :rolleyes:

Edited by Headmistress

I might make the trip for this, stay with a friend in Newport for the weekend. Well as long as I am not threatened with arrest again lke I was last time I visited Newport speedway !

OK, opinion.  Either way, I I able to make my own mind up without others help.  I thought it was obvious enough reading this forum I don't let other make my mind up for me and I'm capable of doing that myself.

No not really SCB - with just under 20000 posts it says more that you feel the need to offer your opinion on everything :blink: