British Speedway Forum

I bet a pound to a pinch of sh*t you nicked their hubcaps before you went home though.  B)

:lol: You really should make the effort to get on here more often mate. :approve:

The weekend it was cancelled we ended up locked in The Prince Of Wales pub in Cardiff City Centre, surrounded by a bunch of football hooligans who were dying to get there hands on Tottenham Hotspur later that afternoon in the FA Cup. :(:unsure:
I'm assuming afternoon/evening-ish. Waht time and upstairs or down stairs? Because I was in there with 3 other forum members about 5ish and we heard a little bit of abuse aimed at Tottenham (which is quite funny as one of the forum member I was with is a Tottenham fan :o)

I bet a pound to a pinch of sh*t you nicked their hubcaps before you went home though.  B)
:D

I'm assuming afternoon/evening-ish.  Waht time and upstairs or down stairs?  Because I was in there with 3 other forum members about 5ish and we heard a little bit of abuse aimed at Tottenham (which is quite funny as one of the forum member I was with is a Tottenham fan :o)

All I heard were that Cardiff were "the greatest football team that the world had ever seen" :P

HA HA HA HA HA. OH MY GOD YOUR SO, SO FUNNY!!!

Oh my sides are splitting here, ha ha ha, never heard anything like it.

Thats SOOOO original. Do you write your own material?? Are you a stand up comedian or something??

I mean, you must be... Surely!... Its not just anyone who could think up such a thing..... RIGHT??

On second thoughts, maybe not.

I'm assuming afternoon/evening-ish.  Waht time and upstairs or down stairs?  Because I was in there with 3 other forum members about 5ish and we heard a little bit of abuse aimed at Tottenham (which is quite funny as one of the forum member I was with is a Tottenham fan :o)

:D

No it was before the match and we were locked in a pub heaving with your typical football hooligan types, half of them were probably tooled-up, and as soon as the doors were opened again at about 1:10pm, we made a quick exit.

Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear!! What a bunch of sour lemons we have on here moaning about the NYC not producing "brilliant" racing. In over 40 years of watching speedway I can guarantee I've seen more than my fair share of mediocre meetings at GOBL, First Division, Elite League, International and World Championship level and I've seen some cracking racing at Conference level. So, what is your point? My point is that the NYC is an opportunity to be immersed in the speedway atmosphere when it's still deep into the closed season - hear the bikes warming up, see the riders mill about in the pits, inhale that gloriously addictive aroma, meet up with your "speedway" friends, both locally and distant, and talk about speedway and maybe even see some competitive racing. If you don't want any of that, don't go. To be honest, if you don't enjoy any of those things I wonder why you are a speedway fan at all. It's your prerogative, but please, why bother taking a negative viewpoint and critisising for the sake of it. You do yourself no favours, whoever you are.

Oh dear, Oh dear, Oh dear!! What a bunch of sour lemons we have on here moaning about the NYC not producing "brilliant" racing. In over 40 years of watching speedway I can guarantee I've seen more than my fair share of mediocre meetings at GOBL, First Division, Elite League, International and World Championship level and I've seen some cracking racing at Conference level. So, what is your point? My point is that the NYC is an opportunity to be immersed in the speedway atmosphere when it's still deep into the closed season - hear the bikes warming up, see the riders mill about in the pits, inhale that gloriously addictive aroma, meet up with your "speedway" friends, both locally and distant, and talk about speedway and maybe even see some competitive racing. If you don't want any of that, don't go. To be honest, if you don't enjoy any of those things I wonder why you are a speedway fan at all. It's your prerogative, but please, why bother taking a negative viewpoint and critisising for the sake of it. You do yourself no favours, whoever you are.

Totally agree with you - but never mind for those wingers and whiners out there HEY HEY its Telford soon -

Edited by newportspeedwayhh