British Speedway Forum

Remember running across to the second bend to reach Derrol Keats and ended up in one of them canyons. :D

Thats my 1 real memory of Derrol Keates, forgetting he was coming out of the second bend so it was a good idea to stop turning, so ending up back first in the fence! Other than that I just remember some mad, out of control speedway rider!

Thats my 1 real memory of Derrol Keates, forgetting he was coming out of the second bend so it was a good idea to stop turning, so ending up back first in the fence!  Other than that I just remember some mad, out of control speedway rider!

,,,,,,,,and yes followed by me. :D

:blink::blink:

The track is in good condition and we are ready for the weather just looked at BBC I forcast rain early morining. So I hope we can have a great meeting

as the weather forecast isnt very good for sunday please if it is in doubt or likely to be canceled please can it be annnouced early to save us and others a waste of time and money thanks

Raining here still at the moment. Just checked the forecast on sky which says the rain will clear later this afternoon and into the evening, staying dry and windy this evening and into the night. However, rain is forecast for tomorrow so let's hope that the dry, windy spell this evening and tonight can give the track some respite and hopefully dry it a bit before it rains again tomorrow. I know the track is prepared hard and flat with bad weather in mind and the track has a good reputation for draining well so fingers crossed that it will be OK tomorrow. As I said before, don those thermals, pack your sou'wester, wrap up warm and enjoy (he says praying to the heavens)!

Remember, Tim puts on this meeting with the clear intention of running it so takes the appropriate precautions with preparation. Let's get over there in force, watch some proper speedway (OK we might get a bit wet and uncomfortable but if the riders are willing to give it a go we should get out there and support them) and enjoy ourselves.

Chris Harris, David Howe, Edward Kennett, Richard Hall, Brent Werner, Leigh Lanham, Sam Simota, Chris Neath, Phil. Morris, Nicki Glanz, Lubos Tomicek, Mical Rajaowski.

That's the ones confirmed. Any more? :unsure:

Edited by Gemini

Guest Steve Dixon

Thats It, a 12 rider field.

There was a reason quoted in this weeks Speedway Star why it was a 12 man field. This is a quote from Tim Stone.

"I'm often asked why we run it with a 12-rider format rather than 16, and that again comes down to the fact that the object is to get the meeting on and get it completed. You can't lose sight of that.

"We run with 12 riders over 15 heats and a Final and there is support races too, so there is as much racing in a conventional meeting. We always make sure it is as entertaining as possible and it is a format which has served us well over the years."

seems cant please some people.12 is better than none then you get the younsters and quads usually.simple really if you think 12 riders isnt good enough dont come :wink:

Edited by richard