British Speedway Forum

Guest Babe619
At least he didn't end up on his backside and finish 4th rather than 2nd  :P

Saying it from safely behind the computer? You didn't say anything too terrible yesterday as you were too busy running away. I didn't even move the once. I just looked up and you ran! :P

I'm not even going to bother arguing with you because we never agree anyway. It's a difference of opinions :rolleyes:

Saying it from safely behind the computer? You didn't say anything too terrible yesterday as you were too busy running away. I didn't even move the once. I just looked up and you ran! :P

It's the only way :D

Great win Howie!

Tho you didnt have much competition :lol:

Thats not a nice way to talk about your teams number one rider.......... :blink::o

Best wishes,

Judy

In the winter the problem is once something gets wet it generally stay wet - speedway track included. Considering its been raining almost non-stop for god knows how long I'm not surprised is was a bit slippery.

Looks like most of the rain fell in the bogs. I didn't bother queing up to use the trough, I just slashed in the lake outside. :blink:

Looks like most of the rain fell in the bogs. I didn't bother queing up to use the trough, I just slashed in the lake outside.  :blink:

What was wrong wih the toilets in the bar?

Best wishes,

Judy

Best wishes,

Judy

I'd rather he peed outside than anywhere near the beer!!!!! Surely it's more hygienic!!!!!! :o;)

I'd rather he peed outside than anywhere near the beer!!!!!

You've obviously never tasted Everards beer, give me a pint of p*** anyday. :unsure:

Best wishes,

Judy

The corridor was flooded with (hopefully) rain. I hope no first timers came to the meeting as what with the facilities and the long gaps in proceedings they would not be impressed.

Looks like most of the rain fell in the bogs. I didn't bother queing up to use the trough, I just slashed in the lake outside.  :blink:

My first comment to judgejules after using the toilets was "There's more water and mud in the bogs than on the track!" :unsure:

Edited by Diesel

My first comment to judgejules after using the toilets was "There's more water and mud in the bogs than on the track!" :unsure:

The thing is, as a speedway supporter I'm used to slashing in foul smelling fly blown swamps, but it's the new supporters who wouldn't be impressed. As someone else said, it wouldn't have taken much effort to get a broom & sweep some of the water away before opening the turnstiles.

Also, I might have paid 50p for the privelage of buying a drink before the meeting, but after following the sign to the bar through the flooded bogs, & back again, I politely asked the guy by the grandstand gate how to get to the bar, only to be muttered at "up there & it'll cost you 50p", before he turned away & lost interest before I'd even thought about crossing his palm.

Like I said, I enjoyed myself yesterday, but hopefully the Newport management will take note of comments like mine & try a little harder to make an impression on the first timers. I'll be back next year, let's hope they are too.

The thing is, as a speedway supporter I'm used to slashing in foul smelling fly blown swamps....

You little tinker! You didn't tell me you went to Coventry. It would have been nice to have met up again. :D

You little tinker!  You didn't tell me you went to Coventry.  It would have been nice to have met up again.  :D

Funnily enough Gem, I've been to Swindon, Oxford & within half a mile of the Coventry track today, & I actually thought to myself, I must make a real effort to visit Oxford & Swindon again next season. :D

:wink: