British Speedway Forum

From my viewpoint I thought Bomber made his mistake on the way into the third turn which meant he couldn't get off turn four properly and cost him the race.

Sandie, that is exactly my point, I do know and like SCB when I meet him but there is no denying that some of his posts on here don't match the person I know. Full marks to him for his last post accepting his mistake though - I might take a can of Special Brew up to Newport for him as a reward :D I do know quite a few people who post on here but obviously there are a lot more who I don't know.

From my viewpoint I thought Bomber made his mistake on the way into the third turn which meant he couldn't get off turn four properly and cost him the race.

Sandie, that is exactly my point, I do know and like SCB when I meet him but there is no denying that some of his posts on here don't match the person I know. Full marks to him for his last post accepting his mistake though - I might take a can of Special Brew up to Newport for him as a reward :D  I do know quite a few people who post on here but obviously there are a lot more who I don't know.

Must admit that SCB and I have had our moments and heated discussions, nowt serious mind. Since I met him last year with Pinny at Newport, I just can't bring myself to continue it, especially since both him and Pinny have love interests and have gone all sensible( more in SCB's case than Pinny mind). :D Sorry Pinny.

I think I could even watch a speedway meeting with him without falling out with him. OK that's probably a bit too optimistic. :D

:blink::blink:

Edited by Tsunami

And I can see how the start of the story would go...

David Howe has been handed the wildcard for the British GP In Cardiff....

more chance of that happening than bomber winning a GP however :approve:

Come on Steve, I know it's only banter but give it a rest! Howe and Harris both rode extremely well at Newport (in any event I wouldn't knock anyone who gives it a go in the middle of January) and Harris was particularly generous to the winner in an E&S interview published on Monday.

I hope Howe has the big season you're praying for and I also hope Harris beats the odds and qualifies top eight in the GPs to bag a place on merit for next year.

..... and no problem to chat to.

It must be me but I do find him a problem to chat to as I often can't understand what he is saying. :P Lovely lad with a lovely Welsh accent though. I could listen to him talking all day, as long as he doesn't mind me looking blankly at him half the time as my brain is frantically trying to catch up. :D

..... and no problem to chat to.

It must be me but I do find him a problem to chat to as I often can't understand what he is saying. :P Lovely lad with a lovely Welsh accent though. I could listen to him talking all day, as long as he doesn't mind me looking blankly at him half the time as my brain is frantically trying to catch up. :D

#

Is that why you rushed of to the back of the room last night Gem!!! :D

Well, I did just say Hello as I rushed by so he didn't have time to talk and get me confused. :D

No, actually I was looking for Full Throttle, my team captain, who I was told was at the back of the room. I wanted to make sure I still had a place because I had earlier emailed him to say I wouldn't be going.

I wish I could have got there earlier then maybe we wouldn't have been called The Buckets and I wouldn't have been allotted the name of Hyacinth. :D

It looked to me like Newport has much better viewing facilities than my own club Arena.

That isn't difficult Judy, Arena's stadium is shocking and an insult to the sport

Edited by Phil Silvers

Werner is also impressed for a 5.5 rider.

That is because in reality Brent is easily a 7.5 rider in the prem, mind you Newport is one of his favoured tracks, unlike Sheffield, Kings Lynn, Isle of Wight, Berwick, Exeter (RIP) and Stoke.

Been following this thread as I was there and cannot believe the amount of posts complaining about about the meeting for whatever reason.

Speedway fans can see a meeting in January (shock) and still complain about whatever, I reckon that all the complainents should reflect on their postings and hang their head in shame, let's face it, we can all wait till March then you can complain about whatever again. :upset

I'd just like to say that after 23 years it was SO GOOD to have a Brummie to shout for! Also very pleased that Brent Werner, (our #4) was more than just holding his own against EL / GB / SGP (thanks to Bomber for that accolade) riders. If our top 3 are better still then the season will be well worth looking forward to...

:D

If the word 'Classic' can be used to describe this meeting then please stop the world, I have to get off.

Utter madness.

If the word 'Classic' can be used to describe this meeting then please stop the world, I have to get off.

Utter madness.

If you are capable of putting on a better and more classical new year's meeting, you are free to do so. I presume the words "Utter Madness" were a self description? A speedway promoter does his best to put on a meeting in the middle of the winter to bring some entertainment to us speedway fans and all people like you can do is moan. People do not go to the New Year Classic expecting racing as boring as in most of the GP meetings. If you do not like the meeting, just do not go but do not come on here just to gripe about somebody who is trying their best to entertain speedway fans.

The New Year Classic is a better meeting than either Brighton or Telford.

Edited by The Little Un