British Speedway Forum

That did make me laugh but in all honesty its all gone too far and he should remove his signature. This is all i have to say on this matter and hopefully he will end this now.

The popularity of Newport's New Year Classic event - the only outdoor winter speedway meeting in Britain - continues to grow in reputation as riders queue up to compete.

Lubos Tomicek, Elite League Oxford's Czech Republic rider, has contacted Newport promoter Tim Stone who has offered him a place in the 12-strong field.

It will be the first time that Tomicek has competed in the tournament, which attracts one of the year's biggest attendances at the Hayley Stadium.

Next year's meeting is on January 7 (tapes-up 1.0pm).

And the 20-year-old Tomicek will be joined by teammate and previous winner David Howe, who did not ride in this year's meeting. He too put a call into Stone before the full house' sign went up.

Stone said: "Riders are keen to take part - and that's important."

Advertisment continued...

The Oxford pair join Reading's Zdenek Sam' Simota, Phil Morris, Chris Neath and Nicki Glanz in the field, while invitations have been extended to this year's winner Brent Werner, Edward Kennett, Leigh Lanham and Richard Hall.

courtesy of the south wales argus

5 weeks today and counting - more exciting that Christmas :D

Well as I write someone has been trying to convince me to make the long hard trek south for this one. How many of my hard earned £'s would I have to give up?

It's usually about £12, but this is proper racing at this meeting not ice or an indoor track. Good old fashioned speedway.

Hi, just wondered if anyone knew if Robbie Kessler is riding in the new year classic this year, i know he seems too most years but hadn't heard anything yet, thanks :D

Can't say I've seen his name mentioned anywhere, shame :P:unsure::blink:

Think he was injured at the Weston-super-Mare beach race in October unfortunately. :(

Well as I write someone has been trying to convince me to make the long hard trek south for this one.  How many of my hard earned £'s would I have to give up?

What price to meeting your soul mate, Hev ;)

It's usually about £12, but this is proper racing at this meeting not ice or an indoor track.  Good old fashioned speedway.

Thanks.

What price to meeting your soul mate, Hev ;)

I thought you'd have gathered from my post on the other thread that I no longer believe in love, so that pretty much rules out soul mates too.

Sorry mate.

I think it'll probably be too much with everything else I've got to pay out, plus my other plans for any spare cash I can get my hands on.

Oh well, there's always Lotto.

Spare cash - Newport, hardly go hand in hand.

Think I 'll give this one a wide berth

Full line up hasnt been announced yet, and probably won't be for a couple of weeks yet.

Chris Harris has been added to the New Year Classic line up along with David Howe.