British Speedway Forum

Same old faces then

Same old faces who have rung up and requested to ride, guess they don't have anything better to do in January. Both are expected to attend the training school on Sunday too.

Same old faces? We are talking about the latest GP addition here! Plus live action in January!!! :angry::)

^^^^^^^^

She's a bit of a Bomber fan on the quiet. :wink:

Don't go upsetting her :P:D

Nothing quiet about it Nevs. Proud of our West Country Boy and don't care who knows it. And, BTW why are you not at work on this-one-before-last-Friday leading up to the big day? You could be missing on big sale bonuses you know.

At a corner shop co-op? big bonuses?-you are having a laugh!!!

Its me day off :P

Enjoy it then...or put to good use campaigning for the NOTY cause. Although when your offspring betrays; there is really no motivation is there?!

Anyway back to Newport - looking forward immensely - presume Phil Morris will be added to the list of competitors (go on Tim - go for the 16 men this time). Never thought Wizzer would ride for his local team - more than about time. He will be so brilliant for them. Such an inspiration and team man. Great signing.

If anyone can bring the fans back - the Welsh Wizard can.

Phils already in the starting list for the New Year Classic, sorry if I've omitted him up to now.

Edited by tanya

Is it the usual 12 rider format.

Just to summarise - 8 confirmed so far?

Harris, Howe, Morris, Neath, Simota, Tomicek, Werner, Glanz.

stunning!glad SWFC are at home the same day to save me a long journey (and a speeding ticket on the way home!).

Edited by The SAINT

So if Newport put on a field of stars such as Craig Boyce, Shane Parker, some Elite League prima donnas people would be happier watching that and then when it rains they decide that's it and the crowd go home with no speedway? I know who I'd prefer lining up, guys who are going to put on a show on a very unpredictable day weatherwise in January.

If Howe, Harris and Simota get to the final of the NYC we are guaranteed a cracker.

So if Newport put on a field of stars such as Craig Boyce, Shane Parker, some Elite League prima donnas people would be happier watching that and then when it rains they decide that's it and the crowd go home with no speedway?  I know who I'd prefer lining up, guys who are going to put on a show on a very unpredictable day weatherwise in January. 

If Howe, Harris and Simota get to the final of the NYC we are guaranteed a cracker.

That's it Tanya, you tell 'em. Outright jealousy that's all it is, same old faces indeed!

We may have our (well documented) problems but the New Year Classic is definately a plus. The way the track is prepared it means that barring deep snow or continual torrential rain we will get a PROPER speedway meeting with guys who are prepared to RACE. Fill up your car, put on your thermals and prepare to be entertained.

Three great weekends coming up, Christmas, New Year and then the Classic. What more could you ask for?

Three great weekends coming up, Christmas, New Year and then the Classic. What more could you ask for?

Mark Loram, Jason Crump, Nicki Pedersen..... Well you did ask ;)

Two ways of looking at the same old people again, you know they will actually try and the newer riders who take the mickey don't get invited back again (Adam Shields!!), it's generally the lesser rider who give it that little bit extra as the top guys just use it to test things. That said, a big name and a new/different name or two is always nice.

Mark Loram, Jason Crump, Nicki Pedersen.....  Well you did ask ;)

Two ways of looking at the same old people again, you know they will actually try and the newer riders who take the mickey don't get invited back again (Adam Shields!!), it's generally the lesser rider who give it that little bit extra as the top guys just use it to test things.  That said, a big name and a new/different name or two is always nice.

Wouldn't argue with having any of those guys SCB and in fairness to Tim, he's had both Screeny and Jason here before but they romped home in their meetings. Better to have a reasonably even field all round for greater competition but I wouldn't say no to the odd "superstar"!