British Speedway Forum
TonyMac

Brenda Craven

Brenda gives Speedway Museum lift-off

BRENDA Leat, the wife of the late former World Champion Peter Craven, was at Paradise Wildlife Park on Saturday (Oct 21) to perform the ‘ground-breaking’ ceremony on the site of the new Speedway Museum.

Brenda and her husband Leon travelled down from their Wigan home to the Hertfordshire countryside to mark the beginning of the building process that will culminate in the opening of the museum next April.

They were joined by PWP owner Pete Sampson, plus his fellow former riders George Barclay and Gerry King, as well as Museum trustee and fund co-ordinator Linda Barclay.

"I felt honoured to be asked to attend the groundbreaking," says Brenda, "and to see how quickly things are moving now that building work has commenced. I’m also very proud that the people behind the Speedway Museum have chosen a brilliant action picture of Peter in Belle Vue colours as their brand logo. I’m sure Peter would also have been very proud to be remembered in this way."

Excellent news now the dream is becoming even more of a reality for all concerned.

Well done to George, Linda and everyone on the Speedway Museum committee for their tireless work it's really paid off. Keep up the good work :approve: