British Speedway Forum
speedway2006

Sam Ermolenko Farewell 18th March 2007

Thought i'd get the ball rolling:

From the Official Wolverhampton Speedway Site:

SAM Ermolenko, Wolverhampton's greatest ever speedway rider, is planning a 'grand occasion' as he prepares to bring the curtain down on his glittering career.

The 1993 world champion has held talks with several riders regarding the event at Monmore Green on Sunday, March 18 (4pm).

'Sudden Sam's Flaming Farewell' won't just be a speedway meeting - it will be an all-day party which will carry on deep into the night!

"I want it to be a day to remember for everyone," said Sam. "Although the racing will start at 4pm, I expect the gates to open a lot earlier than that with a lot of sideshows lined-up for all the family.

"And when the racing's over, we've got a live band booked for an outdoor party at the stadium when everyone can relax and have a great night.

"I'm working at 100mph now to try and get things in place and I've been talking regularly to riders, sponsors, helpers and, of course, Chris Van Straaten at Wolverhampton.

"Hopefully there's going to be some big news soon about the riders, I want it to be a pretty special line-up and all the early signs are promising where that's concerned.

"Although I'm saying farewell as a rider, it won't be a sad occasion. We're going to have a party and I want everyone who comes along to really enjoy themselves."

Sam has confirmed he has held informal talks with world champion Jason Crump about making an appearance and is all set to ask permission from his club Poole - ironically Sam's first British club - out of courtesy to formally invite the Australian.

"I'm trying to do things in a proper manner and the feedback I've been getting so far has all been positive," said Sam.

"I've also launched my website the week, I'll be updating it regularly with news on riders and sponsors."

Sam's address is www.suddensamsflamingfarewell.com

Can't wait!

This will be a great day and expect a good line up for Sam as he has a great deal of respect in the sport from fellow riders.

Edited by TNT133

"And when the racing's over, we've got a live band booked for an outdoor party at the stadium when everyone can relax and have a great night.

Can't wait!

Best of luck to Sam, hope it all goes well for him. Lets hope

it doesn't snow!!!. Remind me what year you joined Poole Sam?.

He hates me asking him that question!!.

a great day/night expected, one not to miss.

From the Official Wolverhampton Speedway Site:

SAM Ermolenko, Wolverhampton's greatest ever speedway rider, is planning a 'grand occasion' as he prepares to bring the curtain down on his glittering career.

the stadium when everyone can relax and have a great night.

"I'm working at 100mph now to try and get things in place and I've been talking regularly to riders, sponsors, helpers and, of course, Chris Van Straaten at Wolverhampton.

"Hopefully there's going to be some big news soon about the riders, I want it to be a pretty special line-up and all the early signs are promising where that's concerned.

"Although I'm saying farewell as a rider, it won't be a sad occasion. We're going to have a party and I want everyone who comes along to really enjoy themselves."

Should be great but it's a pity it doesn't fire up till 4pm, from a purely selfish point of view, I work sunday evenings and it will be a real rush. Still all the best to Sam for a great day.

Edited by Beeone

i cant wait for this to finally arrive as he is a great guy and fully deserves it

see you there Sam and hope you have a great day/night

Well at least there's one good rider worth turning up to see. ;)

edit typo

Edited by 21st century heathen

Will def be going to this one, arrangements planned last night.

Can't wait although I will be sorry to say farewell to Sam :(

HELP..!!

Does Anyone Know Where I Can Get Some Americian Flags From?!

Otherwise Im Going To Get Chris Kerr To Bring Us Some Back! hehe

If So Please Help!

Thank Youuuu...x

Edited by shelly

HELP..!!

Does Anyone Know Where I Can Get Some Americian Flags From?!

Otherwise Im Going To Get Chris Kerr To Bring Us Some Back! hehe

If So Please Help!

Thank Youuuu...x

eBay is always a good place for flags!