British Speedway Forum
speedway2006

Sam Ermolenko Farewell 18th March 2007

What's the betting, Bruce fences Sam on the last bend, wins the meeting and it turns out he's signed for a part in "Last of the Summer Wine"?

What's the betting, Bruce fences Sam on the last bend, wins the meeting and it turns out he's signed for a part in "Last of the Summer Wine"?

:D:D:D (it wouldnt be bruces fault tho!!-sam always falls off when pushing it on turns 3/4 :rolleyes:

Sorry to do that name dropping type of thing here but.......................

He told me a couple of weeks ago that he was riding in Sam's meeting!  :unsure:

Sorry to disappoint but Mark has turned the invitation down! Not to worry the line-up is still looking good!

As Ivan Mauger is at The Peter Craven Memorial at Belle Vue the following day, I would think that he would like to put in an appearance.

Sam helped David Tapp out a fw years ago with a series of meetings in Oz and I believe this was connected to Ivan in some way . . not too sure.

Would be good to have Penhall and Mauger there alongside Sam and the current World #1.

That would mean a World Champion from four of the last five decades

As Ivan Mauger is at The Peter Craven Memorial at Belle Vue the following day, I would think that he would like to put in an appearance.

Sam helped David Tapp out a fw years ago with a series of meetings in Oz and I believe this was connected to Ivan in some way . . not too sure.

Would be good to have Penhall and Mauger there alongside Sam and the current World #1.

That would mean a World Champion from four of the last five decades

What happened to the other 1 out the five. :unsure:

Sorry to disappoint but Mark has turned the invitation down! Not to worry the line-up is still looking good!

OK, time to edit my response now as have been advised that he spoke to Sam about this and explained that he had so many invites and could only do what he could do!

Sam was fine about this!

Edited by SuzieQ

I take it people can turn up and pay at the turnstile for this event. I've generally had bad luck ordering tickets online so don't want to run the risk.