British Speedway Forum
norbold

Bbc Essex

This is just to let everyone know that I shall be giving an interview on BBC Essex on Wednesday 14 February at 1:45 p.m. to talk about High Beech and the Speedway Museum. :)

This is just to let everyone know that I shall be giving an interview on BBC Essex on Wednesday 14 February at 1:45 p.m. to talk about High Beech and the Speedway Museum.  :)

Do you want a lift to the studio..???!!!!! :D

So what's the wavelength frequency for those of us who don't know it?

who knows what wavelength parsoles is on!!! hahaha

seriously this is great news and plans are afoot to get some much needed TV expoure on ITV.

Well, I missed Norbold broadcasting to the nation. I hadn't counted on it taking ten minutes to download something called Real Player to my PC.

I trust it went well, Norman!

You can always listen to it on "Listen again" on BBC Essex...www.bbc.co.uk/essex. Go to Listen again then to Steve Scruton and I'm on after about 44 minutes.

Yes, I think it went well. There were already two messages waiting for me when I got home from people offering donations to the Museum.

Edited by norbold

You can always listen to it on "Listen again" on BBC Essex...www.bbc.co.uk/essex. Go to Listen again then to Steve Scruton and I'm on after about 44 minutes.

Yes, I think it went well. There were already two messages waiting for me when I got home from people offering donations to the Museum.

Thanks for that Norman.

A good interview. I particularly liked the way you emphasised that speedway history is not just sporting history but social history too.

Also interewsting to hear you duck the question on whether your main interest is Clacton history or speedway history! I think we all know which one it is, though.

Keep up the good work!

A good interview. I particularly liked the way you emphasised that speedway history is not just sporting history but social history too.

Thank you, Ian

Also interewsting to hear you duck the question on whether your main interest is Clacton history or speedway history! I think we all know which one it is, though.

If you all know perhaps you could tell me because I really don't know. :blink:

p.s. I've looked up interewsting but can't find it in any dictionary... :wink:

p.s. I've looked up interewsting but can't find it in any dictionary... :wink:

Sorry about that. I now realise there should be an apostrophe before the "s".

Well…….

“Didn’t he do well”.

Well done Mr Norbold! A good ten minutes and I learnt something! Shock, horror!

I did not realise that speedway [as with football] had an entertainment tax levied on it after the war, [i guess similar to VAT today] and unlike footy, which you say was able to get about 60 percent back and speedway got nought back, and to add salt to the wound they said speedway wasn’t a sport !

Just a shame it was not a bit longer interview, but hey, a bit of worth while publicity for Sunday and of course the museum.

Look forward to catching up on all the pre-season gossip at High Beech on Sunday and I must have a look at the back of the pub. Mr Norbold say’s there are is still some evidence of the famous old track at the back of the pub in the Epping Forest Conservation area.

Roll on Sunday!