suchislife

07 Aussie U 21 Titles Line Ups Announced

Qualifying Round this Friday, changes to the riders:

Jake Anderson, Brock Gates, Ryan Sedgmen, Michael Stoneham (Vic),

David Armstrong, Tom Armstrong, James Holder,

Elliot Myers, Richard Sweetman and Rick Wallace (NSW),

Ashley Cathcart, Mitchell Davey, Josh Grajczonek, John Oliver (Qld),

Arlo Bugeja (SA), Carley Gittus (WA).

Ricky Barney is out, replaced by John Oliver.

Last Solo Meeting of the year at Gillman, is anyone going?

i know this looks a bit like a Chris Holder benefit - he is a long way the best rider there - but Gillman's a great track with plenty of room for racing if you're good enough, so who knows?

My money's on Tom Hedley and Cory Gathercole for the minor placings, and on Cory for " best-looking supporters".

Incidentally, sitting behind Cory's mum at Mildura for the Ozchamps my heart went out to her when Cory "Cummagutza" on turn 1, although I think she'd seen it before!

Who'd be a Speedway Mum?

(Not me for sure, I couldn't Bear children, I'm Impregnable so its Inconceivable!)

Edited by BigFatDave

My money's on Tom Hedley and Cory Gathercole for the minor placings

Not Troy Batchelor and Robert Ksiezak? They seem to stand out as the riders with League experience. But bring it on Hedley and Gathercole, I hope they are as good as their made out to be! :)

If our Tom does beat Troy Batchelor, I'll be a very happy person :D Certainly hope he beats Rob K(Smith?)!

Guest Sir Lunchalot
Last Solo Meeting of the year at Gillman, is anyone going?

I'm going !! I think I've volunteered to text the results through to "Big Ron" so he can do the internet thing which reminds me, I must send him an email.

Not sure about Mark Jones not riding, I spoke with his dad after the Oz qualifying and I know Mark was filthy at not qualifying. I can't actually repeat what Mark said on the way past that night but it was fairly colourful !! I did hear from a friend of a friend that he was taking some time off speedway but I did think he would be back for the U21's. Having said that Mark didn't ride at the Vic titles last weekend so the taking a short break from the sport story might be right.

I'd be disappointed if Mark didn't ride in the U21's, he is one of the few that would keep Chris Holder honest.

it would also be his last year as well i believe. As i heard that, i was told seven would be going through from the qualifier plus the 2 reserves.

Hi Lunchy I catch up with you at Gillman.

Are you definatlely Texeting results ?

If so I wont bother no need to double up!

More time to drink (water of course just comes in a black and yellow can!)

Its going to be HOT 40 C.

Cheers Rod

PS Unfortunatley Mark Jones has been very disapointing at local Gillman meetings dont know why?

I'm going !!

Grrrrr! Wish I was!

:cry:

elliot myers is out ,he was injured last w/end testing his equipment ,knee problem, and mark jones is out of the line up ,he is off to the UK to mechanic for his mate t harding so the original field will be sorted out by fri night i am sure

= and mark jones is out of the line up ,he is off to the UK to mechanic for his mate t harding

Good to see the Aussie Connection still going strong at Lynn.

I will be there, Robert is riding in the juniors.Wouldnt miss it as it was the meeting of the season last year, its certainly going to be hot in adelaide the next few days, 38 forcast for friday and 40 for saturday.Good luck getting some moisture into the track.

Cheers Darrell

Good luck getting some moisture into the track.

No worries. B) ........ if they grade the lose dirt to the outside then spike the track by doing a few laps, then drowned the track....this will stop the water running off and help it sink into the track. It should be done the night before the meeting, then at sunrise it should be done once more, if the spiking is deep enough the water should be deep into the track by 9am race day...... all that has to be done now is keep the track wet, in the arov the lose dirt should be graded back over the track and more water added. at this point the track might be balling up due to the water cart, at this time the use of some concreters reinforcing mesh which should be towed behind a car or ute at speed, this will break up all the unwanted clumps of dirt leaving a bed of fine stone ematerial on the top of the billiard table surface :rolleyes:

Regards.

Guest Sir Lunchalot
Hi Lunchy I catch up with you at Gillman.

Are you definatlely Texeting results ?

If so I wont bother no need to double up!

More time to drink (water of course just comes in a black and yellow can!)

Its going to be HOT 40 C.

Cheers Rod

PS Unfortunatley Mark Jones has been very disapointing at local Gillman meetings dont know why?

Hi Spiderweb, just heard from Ron that he has a function to attend on Friday night so updates for the qualifiers look doubtful although depending on when he gets home we may get the final result in and at the moment it's all systems go for full updates for the final on Saturday.

Doesn't worry me if you want to do updates on the Friday and I'll do Saturday to share the load, or if someone from the UK wants to volunteer to do the UK live updates board I can text the heat details there on the Friday (bearing in mind it's about 10.5 hours time difference and the meeting will start around 9am UK time (assuming a 7:30 pm tapes up, although with the hot sunny day forecast it may well be later before the sun sets and they get started).