British Speedway Forum
suchislife

07 Aussie U 21 Titles Line Ups Announced

Congratulations to all the qualifiers, particularly the Queenslanders.

Special mention for Grajczonek and Davey, its an awful long way to South Australia from North Queensland so its really fantastic to see that they have both qualified.

Tomorrow should be an absolute cracker.

He's an up and coming youngster Lioness who I had quite a long chat to as well as his dad

And coming over here this year isn't he Bryn?

Guest Sir Lunchalot

I'm in an Adelaide internet cafe the morning after. Wasn't a bad meeting but not much great racing to speak of with lots of processions. The best racing was early on in the night when Jake Anderson was side by side with Brock Gates for the best part of 2 laps before coming off trying to go round the outside. Anderson was still able to remount and pass Carly Gittus for second in a three rider race. I'm sorry, Carly is probably a super young lady but she wasn't on the pace last night to be honest. To be fair she wasn't the only one, there was a 2 rider heat where she came second that was in a time of 66 seconds when most of the other heats were around the 60 to 61 second mark with a couple in the low 59's. I had never seen Richard Sweetman before and I was very impressed indeed with him, he looks very smooth and stylish. Ryan Sedgeman was unlucky to be judged to have touched the tapes and excluded as Josh Grajczonek had slightly moved and touched the tapes and Sedgeman then rode through them. Didn't really matter as Sedgeman got 11 points from his last 4 rides to qualify easily.

Warm but overcast yesterday which meant no blazing sun but already this morning it's stinking hot and not a cloud in the sky and the sun beating down. If it stays that way all day we are in for a interesting day / night.

Warm but overcast yesterday which meant no blazing sun but already this morning it's stinking hot and not a cloud in the sky and the sun beating down. If it stays that way all day we are in for a interesting day / night.

No doubt you'll be taking plenty of liquid on board then Lunchy throughout the evening!

Got full list of scorers please from last night?

Bryn

Rumour has it that it's going to be a tad warm tomorrow there - 42c my friends in Adelaide tell me! Wish I was there especially as the track announcer kept going on about cheap booze at the bar. Mind you it WAS coopers Mild! YUK!  :lol:

Beautiful Drinking weather. I've always been a Light drinker meself - is it light yet?

To be truthful (HAH!) with Light beer I usually pour it straight down the Dunny - cuts out the Middleman!

Guest Sir Lunchalot
No doubt you'll be taking plenty of liquid on board then Lunchy throughout the evening!

Got full list of scorers please from last night?

Bryn

Haven't got them with me Bryn. I'll duck back here this arvo for 15 minutes before I head out to the track and post them

Edit

As requested

1. Tom Armstrong 1,1,1,3,Fx = 6

2. Arlo Bugeja 2,2,3,3,1 = 11 - QUALIFIED

3. James Holder 3,3,2,3,3 = 14 - QUALIFIED

4. Michael Stoneham 0,Fx,1,0,3 = 4

5. Carley Gittus 1,0,Fx,R,2 = 3

6. Brock Gates 3,1,2,1,1,= 8

7. Ashley Cathcart - Did not ride

8. JakeAnderson 2,2,1,1,2 = 8

9. Richard Sweetman 2,3,3,3,2 = 13 - QUALIFIED

10. John Oliver 3,3,3,1,3 = 13 - QUALIFIED

11. David Armstrong 1,1,Fx,-,- 2

12. Rick Wallace 0,1,1,2,0 = 4

13. Mitchell Davey 2,2,2,2,2 = 10 - QUALIFIED

14. Elliot Myers Did not ride

15. Josh Grajczonek 3,2,2,2,1 = 10 - QUALIFIED

16. Ryan Sedgeman T,3,3,2,3 = 11 - QUALIFIED

Standard 16 rider, 20 heat format.

Ashley Cathcart & Elliot Myers were no shows, David Armstong fell in his 3rd ride and did not ride after that.

Awwwwww the live stream ain't working ....................

Ron Malm on Aus Yahoo Groups posted that the stream keeps 'dropping out'. Guess it's a case of keep trying or look on Yahoo for results. :neutral:

But it is now, just announced the line up .............

Meeting yet to start as ambulance hasn't turned up yet! Spoke to Lunchy and, in view of the heat he is, quite naturally, supping a Bundy & coke. Just hope ambulance arrives before he gets blotto!!

:blink::wink:

Jeez now someone has been stung by a Bee in the pits and has suffered an allergic reaction! Coventry fans eh? :lol:

Edited by Bryn

and now someone stung by a bee in the pits, they're calling for an adrenalin shot.

and now someone stung by a bee in the pits, they're calling for an adrenalin shot.

Those fairies up to their tricks again eh? :wink:

Edited by Bryn

It's arrived!  Here we go woooooooohooooooooo

Ronny Parker, alias "The Prince of Port Adelaide." is competing in the sidecar support races which, I guess, means the legendary Blue Room will be open after the meeting. IF ONLY I was there!!!!!! :sad:

owwwwwwwww Batchelor beats Noddy in their first dual of the night!

Noddy trying all lines to get past ............. I can just imagine it can't you!!!

Edited by Trees