You didn't have to pay though did you?

Does this mean we are lucky to have you back in this country :!:

Addy,

Point 1 - Yes

Point 2 - No

Point 3 - Debatable ;)

Point 3 - Debatable ;)

Why do you say that, Kevin ?

I'm sure after buying nine - yes nine - tickets to Stansted which were all rendered worthless with no refund or transfer available Papa would have said something much stronger than that!

I must have been lucky ! Sorry to here of your problems of late. Web fares are very inflexible - I fly a lot with work on BA between B'ham and Edinburgh and always get a fully flexible ticket - don't think RyanAir do these.

Must admit though 4 of my trips were on new RyanAir 737s (800 series) The trip to Vojens last September (Stansted to Esbjerg) was on a really decrepid 737-200 series (RyanAir with a silver Jaguar livery), with duck tape wrapped around the leading edge of the wings, and lots of dubious looking brown liquid spewing out of the port side enginer mid flight.

Sorry for being an anorak - I think its good to take note of what tub they put you in !

We made it though !

Its a shame that British European (www.flybe.com) don't fly to GP lcoations, hopefully they will as they expand (B'ham based budget airline) - I flew with them on Jan 2nd to Edinburgh and I was the only passenger on a 78 seat aircraft - spooky I can tell you ! It was Scottish bank holiday and a really early flight. I have used these a lot with work and they're not too bad.

As for RyanAir, glad to say that the old aircraft (737-200) are being removed form active service this year as more of the new 737-800's are delivered.

Hope I haven't put anyone off !

Hi 21st century heathen, i travelled down to Stansted by train from Wolverhampton, it was a direct service. Also my son used the internet to get the tickets they cost less than twenty pounds.Have a good trip.