Beat the Bookie GP prize competition 2024 Read more... ×
British Speedway Forum

Beauuuuuuuuuutiful weather here! Let's give these guys a huge KL welcome, they'll wanna come back again ;)

I wonder if Jonathan has got all the old theme tunes that half the line up used to ride out to early in the naughties in their KL colours :approve:

Beauuuuuuuuuutiful weather here!  Let's give these guys a huge KL welcome, they'll wanna come back again ;)

I wonder if Jonathan has got all the old theme tunes that half the line up used to ride out to early in the naughties in their KL colours  :approve:

Well, as Ben is up in the box doing the music I guess that'll be unlikely! :P

We have been working on the music though to give the meeting the status it deserves so hopefully it will form part of the total Norfolk Arena experience tonight! :D

Looking forward to this one. . . . . bring it on! :D

Can anyone confirm the scoring system this year? Is that ridiculous system that was in place last time?

Many thanks.

Can anyone confirm the scoring system this year?  Is that ridiculous system that was in place last time?

Many thanks.

Its 4-3-2-0 if this helps

When you posted only Ron Butler had posted complaining. Read back and check it and perhaps try this in future so as not to embarrass yourself.

When the Aces assembled their team in early January they did not know the formula or venue for this years pairs. Don’t make thing up to suit your lack of knowledge.

I really didn’t think an explanation would be necessary but (apologies to all in the know speedway fans) here goes. When the BSPA set a limit on GP riders per team it stopped teams tracking two top stars and therefore made these supplus riders available to other teams. When the BSPA set a lower points limit it meant some teams could not accommodate all the riders they had hoped to and therefore made these supplies riders available to other teams. I do not necessarily agree with these rules but the point I’m making is that the BSPA have a very real effect on team building and if rules such as this were in place this year the Aces predicament would not have arisen. Yes it’s the same for everyone, but they do never the less greatly effect team building.

You say maybe I’m the thick one and this implies an element of doubt on your behalf. Maybe is not a word I would choose for you in relation to this matter.

Please don’t feel the need to augur for augments sake as it only serves to make you look foolish. Valid, intelligent posts though are always welcome.

Well said ouch, you are not alone in your views.

If SCB could find something to do, he may not have to feel the need to post rubbish on every thread

Stupid question of the day, but is this meeting on Sky??

No, you gotta be in person and savour the occasion :approve:

Stupid question of the day, but is this meeting on Sky??

Ever get that feeling of "GROUNDHOG DAY" ? :D No its not on Sky, so be there , or miss out. It certainly looks as though it will be " Sunshine Speedway, Saddlebow Road" ( Martin Rogers) tonight. Now packing me hamper to take into the ground :wink:

Why the chuff is this not on Sky, bloody well should be :mad::mad: . I can't get there in person otherwise :sad: I would have loved to have watched it live, was relying on it being on Sky. Oh well just have to watch updates if we have any or the football instead.

PS. Hope Poole walk it

PPS. Also was not aware someone else had asked if this was on sky, could not be bothered to read the other 13 pages.

Edited by diamond@heart

Great, so they are encouraging riders to come 2nd and 3rd, rather than winning races again. Ruined it for me last year.

Why does speedway continue to shoot itself in the foot?

:sad:

Great,  so they are encouraging riders to come 2nd and 3rd, rather than winning races again.  Ruined it for me last year.

Why does speedway continue to shoot itself in the foot?

:sad:

:unsure::unsure: This is a pairs event not a solo contest :rolleyes: