British Speedway Forum

I heard a new rule is coming in as of immediate effect whereby Poole fans are limited to one post each an hour whilst the gloating is at its highest.

Very enjoyable evening with some great racing. Shame that a few of the teams were very weak though.

Also felt sorry for Greg having his start messed up by the start marshall in the final.

Very surprised with the meeting with Poole being lucky to scrape through on count backs, fancy scoring the same amount of points as rubbish old coventry.

my pictures HERE

Very surprised with the meeting with Poole being lucky to scrape through on count backs, fancy scoring the same amount of points as rubbish old coventry.

Yes scraped through because of an engine failure. Saw off Coventry with ease when they met.

Just think, if Bjarne had not had that EF, Coventry would probably have qualified for the semis in place of Reading!

Happy days! :approve:

Well done to Poole. Much as they were expected to win they definitely weren't head and shoulders above the rest of the pairings though.

Man of the meeting: Travis McGowan. :)

I'd forgotten just what a great racing track Kings Lynn is, and a lot of the riders when interviewed were full of praise for it.. Nicki said its still his favourite teack, so the sooner Lynn are back in the EL where they belong the better. :approve:

We made a daytrip of this event, and spent the day at Hunstanton beach in the sunshine :approve:.

My first time at KL and I really enjoyed it, even if it is the most boring drive in the world to get there :blink:. Scott Nicholls was a bit of a let down though - what's up with him?!

Congratulations to Poole especially Jason who showed true commitment for his side and British Speedway as others continued to pull out of the meeting which was scheduled months ago. Lock up the trophy cabinet now as it will not be opened until we see the dream team of 2008 :rolleyes:

Congrats to Poole on the Pairs victory........

But when all is said and done who the hell cares :D

All The Best

Mr Bee

Enjoyed the meeting with some good racing, especially towards the end.

Have to say I am impressed with the way the Norfolk Arena is looking now. Facilities are far better than most Elite tracks and was good to see Chapmans efforts rewarded with a big crowd.

Congrats to Crump and Pedersen on their win also.

Ps. Agree with ST in that Jesper B was the most entertaining rider

Edited by double_0

My post on this event, copied from elsewhere...

Not a bad meeting, but hardly a classic either...

It started well for the crowd as Poole, the massive favourites, looked rubbishe a bit dodgy in their first two rides...but they got it together and ruined everyone's fun by the end, oh well :rolleyes:

Very few Poole fans there to celebrate...strange as there's so many sites close by that you could safely land helicopters on !

Anyway...the 2 most entertaining riders were Travis and Jesper B, they rode their little socks off...shame they weren't a Pair !

Track wasn't at it's best, but it's early April...so it's fair enough.

A good enough night...not a bad effort from the Norfolk posse. Still a shockingly bad place to take someone with any personal hygiene standards though !

Lovely, relaxing afternoon spent in Hunstanton...thanks to the posh good quality company :)

Scott Nicholls was a bit of a let down though - what's up with him?!

Perhaps he has other things on his mind. :wink: It can't be long now to the birth of baby Nicholls.

Perhaps he has other things on his mind.  :wink: It can't be long now to the birth of baby Nicholls.

I knew someone was going to say that :P

Enjoyed the meeting with some excellent races, especially towards the end.

Have to say I am impressed with the way the Norfolk Arena is looking now. Facilities are far better than most Elite tracks and was good to see Chapmans efforts rewarded with a big crowd.

Congrats to Crump and Pedersen on their win also.

Not so sure I agree with all of that

1. The racing wasnt to bad

2. Spectating at this place is still dire, their are very few seats and if you stand on the bends you end up wearing half the track by the end of the meeting.

One of the Lynn fans told me they are doing up the place, I have been going since 1970 it shouldnt take 37 years, I dont like standing on uneven earth banks.

3. If you are not allowed to take your own food and drink into the place, then it should be clearly advertised on the media releases.

4. £3 for a programme is fair enough for this sort of event, but it should have included the Consolation Final and space for the many changes.

And whilst on the subject of changes if these events are to be taken seriously again someone should remind the competing riders to be more professional.

Five changes to the riding order is a total disgrace, David Norris, Kris Kasprzak, Janusz Kolodziej, Ales Dryml and Robert Miskowiak all failed to show and were replaced with a variety of second strings and reserves.

Yes I am quite sure some of those missing were genuine, I am also quite sure some of them were not.

Lastly well done to Bjarne Pedersen did very well to pass McGowan in the final, especially as he received absolutely no help whatsover from his partner Jason Crump who was out of the gate and gone.