British Speedway Forum

Totally agree, joke track. would have liked it to be at kings lynn or sheffield or somerset.  :(

First 4 words of this post total crap :rolleyes:

Remainder, total sense :D

Totally agree, joke track. would have liked it to be at kings lynn or sheffield or somerset.  :(

Begs the question why the event isn't being returned to its traditional home, Brandon.

The British Final at the dog track what a joke hardly the place to watch entertaining racing

Now don't let bias get in the way of the fact that Wolverhampton's one the best race tracks in the country now will you?

Generally very well prepared, always a huge number of racing lines with plenty of passing that you have to ride with your head rather than just your throttle.

Begs the question why the event isn't being returned to its traditional home, Brandon.

Presumably it's because 2 British GP riders ride at Coventry and it is now the policy to use neutral venue's.

That never worried them before, so you wonder why it should now. Any track chosen will still suit some riders more than others so I don't see that it'll make that much difference to select neutral venues.

Besides, won't David Howe be riding in the British Final at Wolverhampton? :blink:

Edited by AndyM

That never worried them before, so you wonder why it should now.  Any track chosen will still suit some riders more than others so I don't see that it'll make that much difference to select neutral venues.

Besides, won't David Howe be riding in the British Final at Wolverhampton?  :blink:

tOP TEN AVERAGED bRITSH RIDERS QUALIFY, SO PROBABLY NOT!!

:D:D LOL

The British Final at the dog track what a joke hardly the place to watch entertaining racing

YAWN.................... :rolleyes:

Nothing wrong with the racing at Monmore, I'm glad they've been given a chance of a top meeting, just a shame its on a Monday.

Thank you LW! :approve:

But awful viewing.

Being a short a**se I always struggle here - and its no good for the old syatica (sp)

At my age I need to be able to sit down and have a bit of comfort.

a. As 21C said - You stand in the wrong place, b. Don't you stand on the bend at Brandon - how is the viewing/abliity to sit down any better there?! From where we stand at Brandon, unless you're on the top step you can't see anyone who isn't hugging the white line on the bend in front of you - the rest disappear behind the armco!

P.S. it's spelt sciatica!!!!! ;)

Totally agree, joke track. would have liked it to be at kings lynn or sheffield or somerset. 

Double YAWN..........................

But will you be able to see? All the supporters stand in front of the glass-fronted Stand, so how it is possible to sit? :unsure:

You can see perfectly well in the middle and top bar. The windows are much higher up than the terraces so it is easy to see over people standing outside!

Now don't let bias get in the way of the fact that Wolverhampton's one the best race tracks in the country now will you?

Generally very well prepared, always a huge number of racing lines with plenty of passing that you have to ride with your head rather than just your throttle.

Wow - thank you introducing me to a totally new phenomena - a Coventry fan who doesn't let their bias cloud there judgement! Spot on post!

As I've said before my biggest concerns would be the lack of places to stand (not something the speedway can do anything about - it's Ladbrookes who have restsricted the viewing to the home straight only!) and the parking! That said I don't imagine the crowd will be any bigger than the play-offs in 2002 and 2004 and we got everyone in then! ;)

Begs the question why the event isn't being returned to its traditional home, Brandon...

As much as I would love to see it back at Coventry it's probably not possible due to all the events which take place at the stadium, dogs, stock cars & banger racing. :(

I'm guessing that Brandon wouldn't be considered because they've got the WC.

As I've said before my biggest concerns would be the lack of places to stand (not something the speedway can do anything about - it's Ladbrookes who have restsricted the viewing to the home straight only!) and the parking!  That said I don't imagine the crowd will be any bigger than the play-offs in 2002 and 2004 and we got everyone in then!  ;)

Plenty of room for parking around the park. I've not seen as many cars there as there were for an average match v Cradley, so I can't see there being a problem.

Getting people in may be a squeeze, but as you say it shouldn't be a problem.

I'm guessing that Brandon wouldn't be considered because they've got the WC.

Plenty of room for parking around the park.  I've not seen as many cars there as there were for an average match v Cradley, so I can't see there being a problem. 

Getting people in may be a squeeze, but as you say it shouldn't be a problem.

Hmm - only trouble is that the road around the park is notorious for car break ins I'm afraid! :(

I've heard of a few over the years, but I wasan't aware it was a particular problem. No parking restrictions on the Bilston Road, are there?

BRITISH FINAL

Monday 4th June at 7.30pm

Monmore Green, Wolverhampton

Adults £15

Students and OAP’s £10

Junior (12-15) £5

Under 11’s free

Entertainment – Autographs and photo’s with Page 3 and lad magazine sensation – Lucy Pinder!

it is obvious that the entertainment selection was made by a man !! :rolleyes:

Edited by Pollyanna

YAWN.................... :rolleyes:

Thank you LW! :approve:

a. As 21C said - You stand in the wrong place, b. Don't you stand on the bend at Brandon - how is the viewing/abliity to sit down any better there?! From where we stand at Brandon, unless you're on the top step you can't see anyone who isn't hugging the white line on the bend in front of you - the rest disappear behind the armco!

P.S. it's spelt sciatica!!!!! ;)

Double YAWN..........................

You can see perfectly well in the middle and top bar. The windows are much higher up than the terraces so it is easy to see over people standing outside!

Thank you for the info. I always thought that the seats in the glass-fronted stand were for Season ticket holders only. :)

For what it's worth, it too think Wolverhampton to be a smashing place to watch speedway. On my visits there I've never been disappointed. The home stand always has a lively atmosphere and the track offers plenty of overtaking opportunities. A fine choice of venue in my opinion. :)