British Speedway Forum

Wrong (imo).  It'll be the most open meeting for a hell of a long time, although Scott is likely to be most peoples favourite.

Any one of Scott, Chris H, Chris L, Mark, Simon, David H, David N, or Lee could win it and I expect the likes of Joe, Lewis, Ed, Danny, Leigh to do well enough to take vital points off the top riders.

Sorry for the off topic post, just had to respond to that post.  :)

You're being too optimistic for this meeting. Scott will have no bother unless he has mechanical failiure. He can come from the back at Monmore if he needs to as well. And Lee won't turn up, trust me! Bomber will be runner up. Olly might even sneak third! :P

Olly is one of the few Brits that doesn't ride Monmore particularly well.

I'd expect Cov to have all three Brits in the line up, but I can't see Olly making the top 10.

Sorry this way off topic. I'm happy to continue this on the correct thread if you'd like to join me? :)

You're being too optimistic for this meeting.  Scott will have no bother unless he has mechanical failiure.  He can come from the back at Monmore if he needs to as well.  And Lee won't turn up, trust me!  Bomber will be runner up.  Olly might even sneak third! :P

Not much point in any other riders turning up then is there,i think you might be overlooking the fact that Steady beat Scotty in 4 of the 5 rounds of the Australian Championships recently,and Steady was on borrowed bikes :wink:

Not much point in any other riders turning up then is there,i think you might be overlooking the fact that Steady beat Scotty in 4 of the 5 rounds of the Australian Championships recently,and Steady was on borrowed bikes :wink:

And he's bloody quick around Wolverhampton........its between Loram, Scotty and Steady trust me!!

nothing to do with the fact Nicholls used the series to test his GM equipment.....

No it's first come first served in the middle bar!  You do get people who think specific seats are 'theres' as they've sat there for years but there are no reservations!  In the top bar the seats are reserved for people eating in the restaurant (the food's not bad actually!) but again anyone can eat there!  You can also see quite well if you stand in the bar behind the eating area!

Whilst it's not the ideal place to see well - I'd be the first to admit that! -  the atmosphere at Monmore is hard to beat!  And it is the track that was voted the best prepared in 2006 so it can't be all bad!  ;)

Standing is out of the question, unfortunately! My husband has had surgery on both legs and while he does not need/use a wheelchair, he can stand for only ten minutes or so. Off thread, I know, but that is the reason we have to give Sam's Testimonial a miss as if there's no seat, we would have to leave! :angry:

Not much point in any other riders turning up then is there,i think you might be overlooking the fact that Steady beat Scotty in 4 of the 5 rounds of the Australian Championships recently,and Steady was on borrowed bikes

Scott is faster than Simon around Monmore, although Simon can be pretty quick himself. I'd back Scott to beat him 9 times out of 10.

Standing is out of the question...

Would it be possible for you to turn up early for a seat in the bar?

Alternatively, could you bring a chair so that your hubby could sit between races. He'd only need to stand for a couple of minutes (or 55 seconds :P ) at a time?

The British Final at the dog track what a joke hardly the place to watch entertaining racing

the track that won best prepared strip last year you mean? :rolleyes:

My moneys on Lee Richardson :P

I'm sure Stevebrum agrees :P

oh id forgotten about him.

its only for the BEST of British so he might not have a good enough average to get in :lol:

thanks for reminding silver bee ;)

Scott is faster than Simon around Monmore, although Simon can be pretty quick himself.  I'd back Scott to beat him 9 times out of 10.

Would it be possible for you to turn up early for a seat in the bar?

Alternatively, could you bring a chair so that your hubby could sit between races.  He'd only need to stand for a couple of minutes (or 55 seconds  :P ) at a time?

Thank you for the suggestions. We will have a think about it and decide nearer the time. Little difficult to get there too early, as it is on a Monday! :unsure:

Thank you for the suggestions. We will have a think about it and decide nearer the time.  Little difficult to get there too early, as it is on a Monday! :unsure:

Agree totally - the only way this meeting will get its full backing is when its run over a weekend prime date and given the proffesional treatment with skys backing.

Standing is out of the question, unfortunately! My husband has had surgery on both legs and while he does not need/use a wheelchair, he can stand for only ten minutes or so. Off thread, I know, but that is the reason we have to give Sam's Testimonial a miss as if there's no seat, we would have to leave! :angry:

If you're concerned about seats at Sams meeting, you can purchase tickets in the restaraunt online on the website.

Well if he continues in his current form, its going to be hard for anyone to stop David Howe winning this.