British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League 4 Team Tournament

Programmes locked away after 2.15pm and none available. Cheers Jonny. Good job didn't get one in the end as were original programmes from first staging. Nice and professional that Jonny. Still maybe now you can purchase a personalised number plate like Pete Toogood, with the money saved on re prints?

More likely to be a new hair cut to be honest, Black or Yellow this time Jonny?

Edited by Mr Wong

Well done IOW on winning the tournament.

Crikeythatsfast which one were you? i was with a red cap and shades on woth paul lee's family etc, nice to see so many kings lynn fans there!

my pictures from the meeting HERE

good luck, it was a long day

Crikeythatsfast which one were you? i was with a red cap and shades on woth paul lee's family etc, nice to see so many kings lynn fans there!

We was sat right near the fence, about half way along the back straight with my better half. Trying to think what we were wearing now lol, ah yes I had on jeans, a black and white top, and pink baby doll shoes. My better half was wearing jeans and a red t-shirt. We sat on our own for a bit until some KL fans sat along side us.

I was one of the ones that kept nipping away for cans of drinks and do-nuts when the dust got too much for me, oh and a crafty ciggy :lol:

Who else was sitting near us, erm, a nice couple behind us on their deckchair type things, and directly behind us Paul Lee's mum, and the lovely lady who was burnt in a blue t-shirt, bless her she did look sore.

To the right were a few Sheffield supporters.

Roll on 2008, now I've been Im not gonna miss it again lol

fantastic pictures steve i really liked the ones when millsy won his race and then milked it they were brillant :)

Having a look through them now, some brilliant pictures. Is somebody a Dan Nermark/Chris Holder fan by any chance? :lol:

its all about riding style ... if Kyle Legault had been there i'd have loads of him too.

There was some decent racing in this meeting, but the shame for me was that the Showground track was in nowhere near as good a condition as it can be.

There was only one line round the outside and if there had been one more, the standard of entertainment would have been even greater.

Guess the track staff may cite being caught out by the change in weather conditions, which also could have been a reason for what was a lower than anticipated attendance, I'm sure.

Isle of Wight fully deserved their win - led superbly by Holder and Bunyan, with all of them pitching in with vital points, including a trump card at reserve in the shape of Cory Gathercole.

It is good not to see all events dominated by Kings Lynn and Rye. Lynn battled well at times and do have a tenacious and determined side who can all pitch in with vital scores, but it simply wasnt their day and they would do well to just acknowledge that fact at times!!

The Lynn fans behind us in the stand were great value, animatedly bemoaning everything that didnt go their own way and more disturbingly suggesting their riders 'fence' their opponents, followed by verbal abuse of Tomas Topinka and everything else going when they realised their luck was completely out!!! But that's a theme that seems to run through Lynn fans, albeit with some exceptions amongst them!!!

i think these comments are totally unfair. I am a kings lynn fan and always clap anyone who wins a race. whether it be a stars rider or holder, compton, or anyone else.

And i would point out that 99% of lynn fans do. far from being described as one of the worst set of fans in the league i would say that all teams in the league i have been to have been very helpful.

well, it always seems that there is going to be something wrong with KL fans, we're either glory supporters or sore losers... which is it gonna be??? :rolleyes:

not all KL fans write on here alot, ive been to MANY away meetings over the years and clap riders if they win, fall and get up, whatever. theyre out there for our entertainment, and thats the main thing. just dont tar us all with the same brush :neutral:

And now lets get back on topic.. The PL4TT. ;)

Why did Stojawnowski (sp?) not ride more than once in the final? Assuming either a problem or tactics that I missed, but just curious as he seemed to be going well?

Also, in those pictures, do I see Zorro grabbing a super7 girls bum in one of those pictures? :lol: