British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Sandie

Premier League 4 Team Tournament

It basically says the same as WJM's post, but also includes the riders for each team.

Also states that if any team sufferes serious injury problems between now and the 13th May then at managment comittee discretion then one team can be replaced by the first reserves, who currently are Sheffield.

I guess Sheffields chances of gettting into this meeting lay at Havvy and Tres's doors.

Personally if we haven't been good enough over the first few weeks of the season to get in on merit then not too bothered about getting into due to someone elses misfortune.

Admittedly if Sheffield do sneak in the back door, then get your money on them. In all sport the team sneaking in usually romp away with the trophy

Workington won't even be in it!  With a top 4 of Wright, Nieminen, Branney and Robertson for qualifying as the two assesed rider won't have averages by the cut of date.

Group A

Kings Lynn,Glasgow, Somerset, Redcar

Group B

Rye, I.O.W, Worky ,Brum

Brum the seeded team ! shock horror.

SCB wrong again! :shock: oh dear, oh dear, oh dear :P:D

Funny you shoudl say that, I'm just about to question it! For a start, how the bloody hell does James Wright count? He's not got an average yet? Be intresting to see what criteria the BSPA have used as it doesn't seem to be a logical one (eg 2007 averages). I assume they have used James WRigts 10 point average from 2 (TWO!!!!) meetings!!

If I was a Sheffield fan I'd feel cheated right now!

They've also used King's Lynn current averages despite only having ridden 4 matches this year.

BSPA - logical, those two words don't belong in the same sentence do they? No doubt they will justify it somehow.

How come Birmingham are in this? Surely it should be the top 8 teams from last years Premier League?

How can you possibly base qualification on so few matches?

Another joke decision from the decision makers of probably the worst run sport in the country. :blink:

This competition doesn't interest you. You have no reason to come into this thread.

Harsh :)

Why being a fan of the last team to win this tournament on neutral ground of course this interests me, I want to know this will go to a rightful team , not just a shower of gating tarts like Rye

Harsher :D

I bet you'd swop your abysmal side for a team of gating tarts right now ;)

Edited by Shadders

Hardly an abysmal side... just needs minor tweakings here and there and we'll be fine..

Way the 4's has been picked though is a complete joke and I am another one who would love to see the criteria for getting in.

It's surely time the qualifiers were brought back to stop this nonsense once and for all . Tournaments like this lose a bit of credibility when they are by invitation only . Cant really be called the Premier League Fours when only half the teams in the league have the chance of winning it .

How come Birmingham are in this? Surely it should be the top 8 teams from last years Premier League?

How can you possibly base qualification on so few matches?

Another joke decision from the decision makers of probably the worst run sport in the country.  :blink:

Harsh  :)

Harsher  :D

I bet you'd swop your abysmal side for a team of gating tarts right now  ;)

How are Birmingham in this !! you are asking that , i mean really !!! clearly they have seen the big crowds up there put 2 and 2 together an got 5 in the hope they would flock to the 4s, to make the "super7evens" the success we all think it should be.

Branney for Woffinden ? well..... maybe you're right. :lol:

If I was a Sheffield fan I'd feel cheated right now!

Not so much cheated because obviously we must have done something wrong to not be in the top 8 there but it would be nice to see the criteria for choosing the teams!

As has been said already though, wouldn't particularly want to get in on Redcar's or any other team's misfortune with injuries!

Taken from the BSPA site

ORGANISERS of the Super7even series have announced the qualifiers for the Premier League Fours at Peterborough on May 13.

The seven sides with the highest averages for their top four riders will be joined by seeded team Birmingham for a bumper 32-race event at the Showground.

The Brummies have been drawn in Group B with Rye House, Isle of Wight and Workington - whilst Group A features King's Lynn, Glasgow, Somerset and Redcar.

KING'S LYNN: Daniel Nermark, Tomas Topinka, Paul Lee, Chris Mills, Res: Trevor Harding

GLASGOW: George Stancl, Shane Parker, David McAllan, Lee Dicken, Res: Robert Ksiezak

SOMERSET: Magnus Zetterstrom, Emil Kramer, Ritchie Hawkins, Jordan Frampton, Res: Simon Walker

REDCAR: Gary Havelock, James Grieves, Mathieu Tresarrieu, Chris Kerr, Res: Dan Giffard

RYE HOUSE: Tai Woffinden, Chris Neath, Stuart Robson, Steve Boxall, Res: Tommy Allen

ISLE OF WIGHT: Chris Holder, Jason Bunyan, Krzysztof Stojanowski, Glen Phillips, Res: Cory Gathercole

WORKINGTON: Kauko Nieminen, James Wright, Craig Branney, Kenneth Hansen, Res: Mattia Carpenese

BIRMINGHAM: Jason Lyons, Ulrich Ostergaard, Emiliano Sanchez, Aida

Absolute farce as always, im not looking to wind any Glasgow fans up or owt but how on earth can it be said they are stronger than Sheffield's top 4?

Not being biast but id say Mildenhalls top 4 of Madsen,Legault,Jirout and Tacey is probably as strong as that as well.

Still will be worth going to just to see Holder ride!

Looks tough on some of the teams missing out; surely they could have come up with a format that let everyone have a chance in this or couple of rounds to qualify for the final perhaps?

With the averages based on this season so far Sheffield appear to miss out because of one beating at King's Lynn representing one sixth of their season at this stage! Granted, in the style of a Norweigan football commentator, it was one hell of a beating our boys took though! King's Lynn and Glasgow have only raced 4 meetings each so it's hardly representative of which teams have the best top 4 at this stage is it?

To be fair I think if they have to narrow it down to 8 teams it's better to do it this way than on last seasons average - or even worse assessed figures. It's probably not a long way off the best 8 sides for this although I fancy Compton, Ashworth, Wilson and Parsons would have a shout against any of those sides around Peterborough.

Just find it disappointing this 'Super 7' idea couldn't give fans of every team something to follow although I hope it's a great day for those involved and we start to see these big meetings given more repsect than they have had in recent years - especially the once great British Final.

Not sure which side has missed out because of it but I'd be fascinated to know if anyone can answer - WHY ARE BIRMINGHAM SEEDED?

Edited by Shoddy